2016 BCA INDONESIA Open SS Premier : Round of 16 (2nd June)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Australian Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jun 1, 2016.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    What a strange lineup for the QF!
    NO WS Match on TV court:mad::eek::eek::eek::mad:!! WS is arguably the most intriguing, exciting ansld unpredictable event atm, SN vs CM and TTY vs NO also WYH vs SJH not to mention SY vs WSX (WSX is going all out) still NONE of them scheduled. On the contrary SN and NO's matches are on CT3 :eek:
    Really disappointed

2. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
    I think Djarum website has streaming for court 3

http://livestreaming.djarumbadminton.com/#!/

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As much as I like LXR I am super happy for TTY! This girl is sooo talented but she's still an underachiever I wish her luck! I am still firm on my opinion that the OG gold will be tied around LXR's neck.

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sadly so many good cracking matches not on TV court tomorrow, such as Marin vs Saina, Wang Yihan vs Sung JH, Nozomi vs Tai TY, Wang ZM vs Lee CW (for me), Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang vs Lee So Hee/Chang Ye Na, and Tian Houwei vs Hu Yun. To each his own.

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    It is Always sad for every badminton fan when the matches he/she wants to Watch are not on a watchable Court. BWF should fix this soon.

Btw the Djarum livestream website never worked for me.

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Exactly! THW vs Hu Yun should be really good along with the the WS ones

8. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    @Master and @Justin L Yup.. look what happened to lee yong dae and YYS for example. They... almost won anything ( but never really did) this 2016.. Look what they have in 2015. It is Strategy. Lin Dan knows he is not that young.

We still don't know if LD (or anyone for that matter) is really doing this for Olympics or not.. we will say this if he won at least silver. But strategy could also fail right?

It is probably not about excuses; but there is also a reason why LD is a good badminton player, He is.

I could probably say it was only a defensive reason, if he is someone like Tommy, or JOJ, or any good single players that are good, but not that good enough. But LD.. He already had 2 Gold medals. He won the world championship, literally from qualifiers... AND as a wildcard, which means... He is capable of making and doing his strategies too.

#168 necrohiero, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    This time djarum put the court 2 and 3 on youtube actually.. which is ok.

10. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Anybody know why the Indonesia coach threw a towel at the umpire after the Ahsan/Natsir loss? o_O

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Some interesting results! So glad to see Jonatan Christie beating Lin Dan! Everyone saying Mustofa this or Ginting that. Christie is the real deal I believe, despite being the youngest of the lot - still only 18 years old! Can he become world number one by the age of 20? I think it's very possible! Surely he'll be top 10 within the next two years at least.

Ahsan/Setiawan losing to a Denmark pair yet again? Seriously, as I said, if this pair wins the Olympics this year, they simply have to go down as the greatest clutch pair in recorded human sporting history. FHF/ZN also lost to a Denmark pair too, another big surprise.

With WS, nice to see Okuhara through. And well done to TTY for knocking out LXR.

12. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

What a dreadful schedule for court 1. Only exciting match is probably Jan O vs Gintin + the XD with Jin vs Petersen. Court 2 and 3 have the most appealing line-up. I get however, that most of the people on Court 3 have already had their match on Court 1 and therefore it's fair to put others. I just would have rather have top seeds on Court 1 and 2 now and have them play in 1st and 2nd round on Court 3

#172 Maurice MJC, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  13. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Despite some losses on Ina darling pairs such as Ahsan/Hendra, Towi/Butet, Greysia/Nitya, some Ina youngsters had stepped up like Tiara/Rizki (really shocking that they can beat TQ/ZYL), Anggia/Dewi, Ihsan and Jojo.

In wd both Ina pairs have good chances to progressing into SF. Keep it up !!

About tv schedule, not one match I can complained for ;)

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

can see INA having the Big Three for MS department (Christie, Ginting & Mustofa)...

15. arctan

arctan Regular Member

did anyone else watch the Lin Dan match? he was clearly not trying at all. it was really obvious. does anyone know why?

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

He clearly wasn't playing his best badminton, but then no one does all the time. In fact, if you actually watch badminton objectively, no one in the singles discipline goes all out on every point. I believe he tried to inject pace and play his best at the start of the 2nd set, but couldn't quite pull away. So perhaps he decided not to risk injury and not go all out anymore. And since Jonatan Christie was playing at a very high level, the level Lin Dan was producing was no where near good enough to keep up. I think if Lin Dan put in everything he had, it would still have gone to three sets, but I think Lin Dan would have been the victor. Keep in mind Jonatan Christie is only 18 years old.

The reason why LCW can win even though he doesn't go all out on every point is that he seems still to be able to access a peak level when he really wants to. Furthermore, his "relaxed" level is just as good as most other singles players. Lin Dan's "relaxed" level is no where near good enough.

blabl, otidh and nilesh123 like this.