2016 TOTAL BWF TUC Finals - Day 8 (22nd May) : THOMAS Cup FINAL

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 21, 2016.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Where and when did I say that CL hid his cards? Why are you putting words into my mouth? I was actually giving credit to SWH for playing well on the day and consoling the Chinese fans that China will reemerge to dominate the TC just like in Table Tennis. Did I talk about Rio? You are old enough to be a granny. Why are you so quarrelsome? Why don't you just enjoy yourself as a dotting grandma to your grand kids?

opruh likes this.
  2. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

I believe whatever LYB did/does he did/does it for Chinese badminton's glory. Once Cai Yun sits (he may or he may not) on the 'iron chair' I do hope he won't produce another Zhou mi or WSX scandals.

3. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    KKK and TBH were (apparently) also strongly recommended by LCW, who wanted his last Thomas Cup to be glorious. The other doubles were simply too untried and untested. Instead of taking this as a ticket for redemption, KKK and TBH simply turned up for training matches.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Other pairs would fare worse, and then the question would be why we didn't bring in KKK/TBH?

Personally, I'd bring ZZ instead of GSH. CWF I'd still bring; we're not spoilt for choice.

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

"Amazing !!!!!! Congrats @mathiasboe @ViktorAxelsen @hkvittinghus. You guys nailed it [​IMG][​IMG] THOMAS CUP WINNERS "

H S Prannoy in his twitter account wished denmark team. I was wondering why he didn't wish JOJ.

Just kidding @H S Prannoy.:D

6. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Yeah. I'd still go for KKK/TBH to be honest. It's not so much their selection, but their manner of play, that seemed to not justify their selection.

CWF was overridden with his nerves in the deciding match, but there was the look in his eyes that he really wanted to win, and it almost came into effect in Game 2.

As for ZZ, he's given away 20-14 leads and generally seems a bit more petulant, compared to the calm (and more experienced, having been in the 2014 squad) GSH. Also, ZZ has repeatedly rejected BAM's overtures to join them (which is why his career hasn't progressed, but that's another story)... and with at least three non-BAM players (KKK, TBH and CWF), it did make sense for BAM to groom their own.

Of course, it's far easier being an armchair critic than being on court......

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Personally, I regard Lee CW as a great player, one of the greatest. He is just most unfortunate to be born in Lin Dan's era; otherwise I believe he would have won a couple of major titles.

Come to think of it, Peter Gade is even more unfortunate, his 15- or 17-year career spanned first Taufik Hidayat's era , then followed by Lin Dan's and to a lesser extent LCW's eras; otherwise. he too might've won at least one major.

And, in my opinion, had Taufik not been a child prodigy and started his career a few years earlier than Lin Dan, he might very well suffer the same fate as LCW.

In fact, it was in Lin Dan's era that we 've the most number of casualties in the sense that there was/is several great players who would've, if not for him, won at least one major title, the exception being Chen Jin who was lucky to 'steal' one WC in Paris 2010 when Lin Dan was accidentally knocked out by Park Sung Hwan just after LCW was eliminated by Taufik earlier in the day. Chen long's a different story, we know how he won two WC and become WR1. Purely my personal opinion.

opruh, Simeon and MidCourtMediocrity like this.
  8. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

And with that being said, I feel like Viktor Axelsen comes into the game at a fantastic time for him, when all the great players are heading towards retirement, the only person I foresee getting in the way of domination is Momota

pcll99 and tbgoh288 like this.
  9. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

During their stay in China,it was China the host who paid everything. And the most part of the money came from sponsors

opruh and nokh88 like this.
  10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay chill guys. Thomas Cup is over. Time to relax. As I listen to this favorite song of mine I learn to appreciate all the efforts put in by the players instead of criticizing them non stop. I have learn to appreciate all the hard work put in by all the players in this Thomas Cup no matter they win or lose. Even if a player lose he already tried his best to win. No need to keep on criticizing a losing player non stop to demoralize his badminton career. I never believe that a player will play for the sake of losing.

Goodbye Yesterday

每隔一分鐘就有一班機起飛
    每段關係總離不開來回
    一段情 一個人不斷給 怎麼能夠停止夜的黑

懷念過去美好日子換來體會
    重新得到快樂卻需要智慧
    告訴我 什麼叫無所謂
    換一個座位 換一杯咖啡 就概悀誰

在一個適合我的枕頭流完我的淚
    找一個最完美的地方忘了你的美
    (Goodbye Yesterday)
    請別用你我最熟悉的語言說再會
    Goodbye Yesterday 明天一定學會

不到一分鐘景色就面目全非 不到天亮我就開始入睡
    一段情 不能靠不斷給 只有時間擦亮夜的黑
    懷念一個人行到了多少體會
    忘記一個人有多大機會 告訴我 什麼叫無所謂
    前一天台北 下一夜台北 我會楣得誰

在一個適合我的枕頭流完我的淚
    找一個最完美的地方忘了你的美
    (Goodbye Yesterday)
    請別用你我最熟悉的語言說再會
    Goodbye Yesterday
    Goodbye Yesterday

在一個適合我的枕頭流完我的淚
    找一個最完美的地方忘了你的美
    (Goodbye Yesterday)
    請別用你我最熟悉的語言說再會
    Goodbye Yesterday 明天一定學會

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm pretty sure Chen long will definitely still be around after Rio, whatever the outcome for him and I believe he's one of the top 3 contenders for gold, and most certainly he will be aiming for Tokyo 2020.

opruh likes this.
  12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It's about the constant belittling, like praising their own idol, LD, is not sufficient to make them happy.
    Hence one of the reasons some of non China fans come around here less.
    Long story, be here more than 5 years, then you know.

nokh88 likes this.
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Host China paid for all the expenses of the participating teams, contributions from the sponsors ? Wow, that's generous and great hospitality. I'd thought each Member Association cover their own expenses. For the early finishers, treat it as a holiday then.

opruh likes this.
  14. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    I agree. I think Viktor, if he curbs his temper, will be World and Olympic champion one day. Momota, if he recovers from his unfortunate ban. Son Wan Ho has showed some promise, as has Jonatan Christie. These could be the new heirs to the throne that LD (and, arguably, LCW) has sat in for so long, and of course CL too.

MAS and CHN haven't yet displayed their next gen wonders, but Shi Yuqi shows promise as do a few CHN juniors.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Time to chill and stop arguing non stop. It will not change the Thomas Cup result. Definitely all the players in this Thomas Cup played to their level best. I truly appreciate all their efforts and hard work in this Thomas Cup. This is another nice song. As I listen to it I realized we just cannot turn back the time, go back to the past and change the results.

16. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I will add Xue Song if he can fully recover. Will not rule out the INA youngsters, Wang Tzu Wei and Shi YQ

opruh and Justin L like this.
  17. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Yeah, like as if the All England, Asian Championships (no doubt only SS), Commonwealth Games and 11 (!) Malaysian Open titles aren't big enough achievements...

And that's from a country with a population a fraction of China's.

On a "title per capita" basis, LCW's achievement probably eclipses anyone else!

nokh88 and Loh like this.
  18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Wow, did I say you said it? I was making a guess about CL s losses, given how some CL fans rationalize his non WR1 performance. Quarrelsome? May I suggest you take up some solid course on English Language comprehension if you wish to participate in discussions. A discussion is not about getting buddies to chime in to support you. It s about offering different opinions. There s no right or wrong opinion.
    Who are you to tell me how I should lead my life. You must be old school, imagine having to look after grand kids? I play badminton 3x a week, have travelled to watch overseas tournaments courtside besides Singapore Open, what about you?
    I must tell you, in your own way, you are a gem to BCF because you have the gift of gossip. I didn't know a certain star was rebuffed by Wang Lin, hoping to follow Choong Tan Fook s way... That s good, it sure spices up the thread. Must admit I fail, or rather, am very dense, in that area.. Did not realize that until one badminton kaki told me when she wants a discussion, she meets me, when she wants gossip, she goes elsewhere .

nokh88 and hannster like this.
  19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    The Danes won today because Danisa.

20. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

What's LD or China got to do with this? It's Taufik H he's talking about.

opruh likes this.