2016 TOTAL BWF TUC Finals - Day 8 (22nd May) : THOMAS Cup FINAL

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 21, 2016.

1. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

Hehe what one got to do is wipe LYB's arse to be his golden boy
    Well, ignore me

2. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Not if you're a Vittinghus fan like me, :).

Being the shortest Danish singles player (at 180 cm), he is the only one who plays with anything close to the footwork and mobility (including the "dives") I so enjoy seeing in the shorter (usually Asian) players like LD and LCW.

I enjoy watching him even when he loses-- cos he just keeps running/moving all over the court!

livewire likes this.
  3. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    He he he what CLELY meant is why the CHN team didn't field LD as MS1, THW MS2 & QB MS3... well, as a hindsight this is somewhat an idea :D they just didn't get the tarot cards' reading in time :p:D

opruh likes this.
  4. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Easy, just be a pushover like Chen Long and agree with everything he says...

He's more camera-friendly now, but Li Yongbo barked like a hooligan when he was still coaching at the sidelines...

#504 Forestal, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
  5. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

............. 5. SWH played the match of his life at the right place and the right time.

No point crying over spilled milk ( not referring to you). China had lost the Swaythling and Corbillon cups in Table Tennis before. They managed to bounce back to dominate. The same will happen in Badminton, rest assured.

Zezevii, lee00 and kelana like this.
  6. fantastic4

fantastic4 Regular Member

Student
    Anybody know where the Thomas Uber Cup 2018 will be held?

7. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Oh I see-- I apologise for thinking just like Li Yongbo, too stuck up with my own ideas to assess reality properly....:p:rolleyes:

kelana likes this.
  8. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Again, Team China? Yes.

Team Li Yongbo? No, what some of you guys are forgetting is that Li Yongbo basically "drove out" anyone who disagreed with him (after the pivotal "failed petition" by dissenting coaches) in rising/retaining the position of head coach-- that's why the badminton being played by the players he "discovered/coached" is so monochromatic.

LD, FHF, CY, etc. were actually "discovered/coached" under a different coach/system, before Li Yongbo consolidated his position of head coach

#508 Forestal, May 22, 2016
  9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Good strategy if and only if Xue Song is not injured.

Zezevii and kelana like this.
  10. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Their women's volleyball team also faced the same ordeal, at the lowest point they're even crushed by the Japanese team in the QF of 2012 London OG. Then they hired back Lang Ping as the head coach in 2013 and rebuilt the team. Today you see a very strong team consists of many young players, with still increasing performances towards their golden times in 1980s and 1990s.

#510 kelana, May 22, 2016
    tbgoh288 and opruh like this.
  11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

There s no guarantee LD will not lose to SWH. SWH has defeated LD before and SWH also has the advantage of an extra day s rest. Being fresher makes a big difference when the match is close.

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Yeah, for a moment I forget the unfortunate Xue Song

13. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Strange that folks here talked only about CL but why not mentioned the silly act of Fu HF to do the flick serve at 20-18 G2... betting his luck against the odds of the mighty, unchallengeable service fault call? For me that's a very silly act!

tbgoh288 likes this.
  14. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

No, then the order will be MS1, MS2, MS3, MD1, MD2-- they will schedule MD2 last to give MS3 (doubling in MD2) time to rest-- so itt will be over by the 3rd match, LOL!

Potentially genius plan, but I'm not sure if you want to put THAT much pressure on VA as MS1; and fielding JOJ as MS2 was already a risk since he is recovering and injury-prone (they have already given up MD1 by fielding a recovering Kolding).

Personally, I thought INA doomed their MS by not sending JC as MS2-- he has more competition experience and can execute a counter-strategy against JOJ, provided the INA coaches had one....JOJ is not a rapidly developing player like VA, and more than a few players have found ways to defeat him.

But I'm getting the vibe that INA has a lack of talented MS coaches as well as players?

Sundis and nokh88 like this.
  15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you. Sony is really difficult to play; ask Peter Gade. Rexy always likes new brooms. In top team tournaments, the MS3 is the most frightening situation, it s either hero or zero. Cool headed, proven experience usually prevails over youth. But Ihsan has done well; he s the coolest among the 3 youngsters.
    But I m so glad Denmark won. First time European champions defeat Asian champions?

16. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

That was one bad service decision; CL played two bad GAMES-- if you didn't see it, the Chinese crowd gave FHF a standing ovation when he lost.

Stop trying to whitewash the issue, CL's failure as MS1 in team competition has already set some kind of record in badminton history (most times fielded and lost to lower rank player).

Now, every commendation of the achievements of the teams on the podium (even Malaysia) serves as a criticism of Team China and its management

17. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    The tournament sponsor Total Oil mascot

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I also much wonder why INA team didn't field JC as MS2 thus Ginting as MS3... Maulana was so helpless today.

19. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

C'mon CL is WR1, on paper he shoulda coulda tamed SWH.
    And for Fu HF.. his silly acts forgivable

20. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Both Denmark and INA have very reasonable lines-up for the Thomas Cup:

Denmark has 3 MS players in the top 16-- of course, you send them all and hope for the best.

INA has no real edge in MS at all (vs Denmark, CHN, even Malaysia)-- so they took a development approach and sent a bunch of youngsters. Tommy Sugiarto was sent more as a some kind of mentor than anything else; keep sending all your veterans for the slighest chance of winning and the next thing, you know you have a generation gap like CHN.... and INA already has had a very looooong generation gap.

Malaysia probably had the toughest MS decisions to make-- of course, you send LCW to give yourself a chance, and then?

#520 Forestal, May 22, 2016