2016 TOTAL BWF TUC Finals - Day 7 (21st May) : UBER Cup FINAL

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 20, 2016.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Wang Lin has many suitors. That particular star was one among many.

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    And Tian Qing was the weak point of the pair in today's match!

Besides many badminton fans "prayed" to have the opportunity to watch the play of the scratch pair Tang/Chen in a megatournament like Uber Cup incl meeee :) lol

#322 kelana, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Tian/Zhao lost because Zhao has a knee injury among quite a few others (eg shoulder). Further, they have been in the circuit for a long time, so everybody knows their strength and weakness.

4. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

Chen Qingchen is looking very cute and pretty in her own hairstyle. most importantly plays good badminton.

5. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

is true, I think their management will be revamped. no point based on past achievements of the players to be selected. the present and future is more important.

6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I was very confident that Tang/Chen would beat Lee/Chang because the head-to-head of the Jia Yi Fan/ Chen combination against Lee/Chang is 3-1 and Tang is a stronger attacker than Jia.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Nintendo Wii has badminton but the short answer is no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Both Tang Yuanting and Jia Yifan are power smashers, so is the KOR Shin Seung Chan, just that TYT has the benefit of Yu Yang's mentoring and guidance to become an even better player than JYF. Actually, I wasn't too sure if TYT/CQC can handle the pressure in a major final, brave of you to have that confidence in them.

Unfortunately, their male counterparts, Li Junhui/Zheng Siwei , failed to deliver against the KOR, Kim Gi Jung/Kim Sa Rang, otherwise Tian Houwei would have a chance to prove his mettle and , who knows, we might be looking forward to CHN in the Thomas Cup Final tomorrow.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

No.. not yet. Join us later in same thread for the Thomas Cup final. Please root for INA.

blabl likes this.
  10. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Shin Seung Chan hits hard, but she is not a smasher in the same way. She needs too much time to set up, and her placement is not as good (although lately she's been improving this).

blabl likes this.
  11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

OT... Why Koreans are so pretty? Do the ladies apply mascara every night out of norm. Sorry, I watch kdrama often and see Korean daily activites through the dramas.

blabl likes this.
  12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, it is "jiangnan". By the old standard, Jiangsu Zhejiang Jiangxi are "south china", while Sanxi Henan Hebei etc are "North China".
    Further north (Dongbei) and further South (the Guangs, Yunan, etc) were not considered in that classification. It was (and still is for many) cultural more then geographical. Sorry for being so pedantic

13. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    That's why after Rio Oly I hope to see Tang YT/Chen QC in int'l circuit, and play often to mature themselves.

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I think Kdorama is not the best place to see the average Korean. Even in Badminton, because you can expect them to be healthy and fit (mostly; I hope Bae YJ had only a one-off problem), which are obviously also attractive traits.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Korean ladies are pretty by nature. But then sorry to say there are also lots of Korean ladies that goes for plastic surgery to be honest. I won't say all but some. People in Korea care so much about their outward appearance. Hence most of them would have preferred to beautify themselves especially the ladies side.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Have to agree with you. Chen Qinchen appeared fearless, steady and played her heart out, attacking and defending with gusto, so much so that it rubbed off on Tang Yuanting who also rose to the occasion - and together the pair scored the winning point for Team CHN to lift the Uber Cup for a record 14th time in history.

tbgoh288 and volcom like this.
  17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Wow, when I wrote that I did not know so many people answered as well... Sorry for the repetition

18. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Li Junhui/ Zheng Siwei were too nervous especially in the first set. With this pair and two good junior pairs, not to forget HKX and Liu Yuchen, China's MD hopefully will be on the rise again. For WD Li Yinhui, JYF , Du Yu and a few more can be groomed to take over from Tian/Zhao. LYB depended too much on his old warriors. The juniors should have been exposed earlier instead of just tweaking around with the seniors.

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    The endless pair tweaking of WD is annoying, eventually leaving pair like the above average Luo sisters as one of the pairs that are qualified for Rio Oly or Tian/Zhao when they are not so effective as before within the last two years or so, besides why use Zhao YL for dual role in XD & WD? It is unlike that China lacks of players that it must resort to certain player for dual disciplines.

Well, look forward to seeing a substantial changes away of the current practices post-Rio Oly.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Fully concur with you on these two points.