2016 TOTAL BWF TUC Finals - Day 7 (21st May) : UBER Cup FINAL

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 20, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan are very pretty too.:p:D

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    After Uber Cup, it is still not clear which one of the two WYH or WSX will go to Rio.

I guess we won't know until after both Aussie Open and Indonesian Open are over..

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Quite true, I should think so, with WSX performing well and delivering the good under pressure in this Uber Cup, she's practically getting into the good books of her coaches and LYB. Most likely, the following few tournaments before the submission of the Olympians' names will play a significant part in their final decision.

Good for WSX, she literally gets herself back in the running, not entirely out yet, I think.

pcll99 and kelana like this.
  4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Watch the replay then you'll see the cutie face :D

blabl likes this.
  5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Just some headache for the selection team to decide between WYH vs WSX... not an easy decision

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for informing me.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

As predicted earlier, team China keep Uber Cup supremacy. Sung Ji Hyun showed sharp performance at first game but when Li Xuerui got her rhythm in second and third set, it's no way back for Sung to win the match.

Second match was a thriller, after eliminated world number one Matsutomo/Takahashi last night the more confidenced Jung KE/Shin SC did excellent job to beat the reigning Olympic Champion, Tian/Zhao. The Korean duo saved three match points and level the tie,1-1.

Wang Shixian needed no longer time to outplaye the less experienced Kim Hyo Min. China team applied the right strategy to field new lethal combination Chen QC/Tang YT against CHang YN/Lee SH. The pumped up and talented Chen Qingchen demonstrated some high quality shots in her tender age. The youngsters decided China victory to lift Uber Cup once again.

Congratulations to China for 14th title of Uber Cup, what an amazing record! This triumphant will console their Thomas Cup disaster outcome.

AlanY, kwun and blabl like this.
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The Wang trio are pretty, Wang Lin - Wang Yihan - Wang Shixian :D

AlanY and kwun like this.
  9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Why do you think a big star once tried to woo her but was rebuffed. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of Choong Tan Fook.

#309 tbgoh288, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  10. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

They may have come up with the idea after Jia Yi Fan/ Chen Qingcheng thrashed the Korean pair in one of the earlier tournaments this year. I can't remember which one.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    And I just read that the Chinese women's team have spectacular record in Uber Cup aside from winning the most among the very small exclusive club of 5 winners only, they never fail to play in the Uber Cup finals since their very first participation in 1984, appear in the finals for 17 times, just lost twice to Indonesian team and once to the Korean.

Even CHN's failed Thomas Cup team is still pretty good, joined for the first time in 1982, come second only to Indonesian team (INA 13X, CHN 9X, MAS 5X and JPN 1X) among the very small elite club of winners, four members only during the 28 TC tournaments. Surely this TC stat will change by tomorrow, either by small or big update.

So exclusive the winner club of these cups that in fact they are even more exclusive than the club of de facto nuke countries in the world... and at comparative level as the number of nations having the aerospace industries... :cool:

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Weird but real, I just finished reading the postings here (when I watched the live I just stayed away) and found out how calm and fun it's in the absence of some particular nicks... no insinuation, no agitation, no badmouthing... most of things were just peaceful and friendly :p:D

#312 kelana, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  13. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

Chen Qingchen is good at the net and a smart player. most of all she is a fighter and show no fear at all in any players she meet. when a player is brave then only she can play her normal game.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  14. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

I don't either-- but the CCTV5 commentator Dong Kexin really shouldn't have asked Wang Xiaoli, retired WD player and guest commentator, "Do you feel like going down to help them (Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei) out?" in the very 1st game of the 2nd match...

Wang Xiaoli: "Why...? I think they are doing fine."

kwun likes this.
  15. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    And she's obviously much better than Yu Yang. Pairing with the fading Yu is a liability for the blossoming Tang Yuanting! But for Rio Oly, no choice for her.

16. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

As Cai Yun pointed out, Chinese national team management has this pre-conceived notion about "filling the shoes" of their senior/retiring players that makes them a bit blind to raw/natural talent and chemistry....

I don't how many times the phrase "proper tiered-based team-building" has been uttered by the CCTV5 commentator Dong Kexin since the Chinese men's team exited the Thomas Cup quarter-final.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hi,

Do you like Chen Qingchen's hairstyle? Shouldn't she get a Paul Pogba one? I mean she is the next doubles sensation

[​IMG]

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    After Rio Oly I expect to see a significant revamp in Chinese badminton, among other things the engagement of more young talented players in the int'l circuit, and removal of those dead woods from NT. Perhaps they need a figure like Lang Ping in badminton.

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Well, frankly it never comes into my equation, just not anything of substance :D look-wise Chen has nothing to show there [regardless the hairdo], yet she can flourish through her play quality, just like her senior, LXR :cool:

20. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Tian/Zhao played their best match so far this year because they put their differences behind them for the sake of their country and for the first time they communicated a lot on court today. There are 2 reasons why they lost.
    1. Both the Korean girls are very strong attackers and very good defenders besides having very good understanding.
    2. Tian/Zhao's attack is not penetrating enough to threaten the Koreans.

kwun likes this.