Team Malaysia (Thomas/Uber Cup 2016)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

maybe put KKK/TBH in the team is not a good choice, however MAS is lacking of good MD pairs as one GVS/TWK is not enough, even more Tan Kian Meng/Low Juan Shen is not yet on top level to play, maybe new pair Teo Ee Yi/Ong Yew Shin might go play in coming QF round as 2nd MD player...

2. badminton-watcher

badminton-watcher Regular Member

KKK/GVS both was jumping and ready to smash.. ended up bumping into each other in the MAS vs KOR yesterday. Chemistry between the two was seriously off

3. Antu reds

Antu reds New Member

Kkk and tbh not perform well in this tournament. Lost to 2nd england pair before. Average performances vs germany. So mlysia better give chances to youngster pair..teo ee yi and ong yew sin for 2nd double in quarter soon. Otherwise this pair also perform well in qualifying and them also can gain some experience for their future..

4. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    It worth all the efforts to defeat Korean in the group stage, Malaysia had avoided meeting badminton powerhouse China (host) and Indonesia in knock-out stage.

Quarter-final against Chinese Taipei is relatively easier and they should not face any problem reaching semi-final. In Semi-final, they are expected to meet Denmark.

Go, go, go Malaysia!!!

Thomas Cup 2016 QF.JPG

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Congratulation to MAS Thomas Cup team as they met the goal to reach semifinals by beating Chinese Taipei team 3-1...

6. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    Who village people choose for tomorrow? Den or Japan? :D

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i think Denmark is the stronger team on paper...3 rally good singles. and one good doubles

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    japan is severely weaken by momota absent, dont see how japan going to beat denmark

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i hope JPN can win, so that MAS can have an easy ride to final...

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Thomas Cup team manager Norza stays on despite father's illness

BY LIM TEIK HUAT

KUNSHAN (China): Talk about selfless dedication.

Malaysia’s Thomas Cup team manager Datuk Seri Mohamad Norza Zakaria is staying put with the shuttlers in Kunshan although his 76-year-old father, Zakaria Yusof, is in the intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital in Kuala Lumpur for kidney failure.

Norza, who is also the deputy president of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), said that his father, who is undergoing dialysis treatment, “is in stable condition”.

“I’m in constant contact with my family daily ... since we came here a week ago.

“My family members have asked me not to worry as his condition is stable.

“They asked me to just concentrate on the Thomas Cup as it is a big responsibility to the country.

“Hopefully, things will be okay until we go back,” said Norza.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/...athers-illness/

what is a team manager job in thomas cup?

11. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    I'm not sure if JPN is an easy ride for MAS. But if these 2 countries meet up again, I'm so glad to see MAS revenge them.

12. zatoino

zatoino Regular Member

seems like Denmark denied the MAS vs JPN rematch, it is MAS vs DEN for a rematch, either MAS win again or DEN finally have their revenge for 2 years ago defeat this friday...

13. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    Team Malaysia celebrating Goh V-Shem's birthday on today 20th May 2016. All the best wishes to you against Denmark in today semi-finals.
    13254260_10209674600730678_7537140121420444102_n.jpg 13221556_801631016604438_5957347587946383649_n.jpg

soulpx likes this.
  14. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    And on tomorrow, 21st May is Tan Wee Kiong's birthday.

I hope with their birthdays will bring them more luck and higher fighting spirit to help Team Malaysia capture Thomas Cup 2016.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That is true...I think Malaysians and ex-Malaysians (that is me) wanting to win this TC so badly, especially with CHN out and then KOR out, got upset seeing how this 2 chaps blew away DEN MD2 in the first set and simply fell apart after that. As pro they should know better to train on their freaking fitness, I am just flabbergasted seeing another chance slipped by, it is so close. LCW delivered time and time again, unbeaten and guarantee MAS 1-point. This gift will not be there in future.
    On 'there no better doubles than KKK', I blame this squarely on Rashid and those idiots including Nasmi and Chin Chai, not developing and squandering off a whole bunch of potential of WJR champions and putting all resources on LCW and TBH/KKK to ride on their coattails.
    Frost and Hendy and include past Rexy are the best coaches MAS can have. They just inherit a screw up and 'corrupt' organization (corrupt in the sense that those chaps are only interested in harvesting the bonuses with each LCW win and not interested in grooming talents). I hope BAM give Frost and Hendy time. I still cannot let go that lost in MD2, what the f...never mind

16. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    CWF's loss and all the setbacks in his career are probably due to his personality. Met him last year in Calgary, he was just shy and timid. It was an awkward experience to even say hello to him.

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    It is so easy to blame on CWF. Sure, he got nervous and lost. But it should not have gone to the 5 match. It should have ended 3-1 for MAS at MD2.

18. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Let's hope they do well in the Olympics. This has been a very interesting Thomas Cup so far.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I compared this experience similar to 'so close yet so far' like when my old wifey and me played XD, the other side sent that birdie weakly over the net and it just needs a tap and earned a point, instead my wifey tap that birdie right into the net and we lost the point and the match....that birdie is like the Char Siu, we can smell it, taste it and it was taken away....hahaha!!!

soulpx likes this.
  20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    HK ppl refer it to "choking on bone while eating char siu" :D