2016 TOTAL BWF Thomas-Uber Cup Finals - Day 5 (19th May) : QUARTERFINALS

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 18, 2016.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Malaysia will WIN the Thomas Cup, and then Lee Chong Wei will WIN the Olympics!! ;)

hcyong and Loh like this.
  2. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

As I predicted,KOR 3-1 CHN
    congratulations to KOR and I'm going out enjoying a good dinner :D

3. soami

soami Regular Member

Chen Long has now lost two Thomas cups for China.

craigandy likes this.
  4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Once again CHN lost at the Thomas Cup. And once again - like last time - it was Chen Long who was the weak link. THW would probably have won his match.

5. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    wowo wowo wow

Korea did it. Kims were in control of it, showing almost no nerves. Crazy QF. China can't believe it.... Amazing.
    Great for the tournament, it is so open now ;) No favourite anymore!
    The problem for Korea is that they need SWH to win otherwise it will be a very, very tough task, bc. LDK and JH are always outsider to win. And MD Korea almost always favoured, but this category is so close, so tough to predict...

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Korea wins it.

China lost Thomas Cup twice in a row. Now back to the drawing board like it was in the 90s.

7. ronk

ronk Regular Member

Wow, korea beat china. Chen long choked and lost match 1. Korea did it. Korea vs indonesia and malaysia vs Denmark tomorrow. I have an event to go on Sunday and will miss finals.:(:(

kwun likes this.
  8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I just find it so difficult to believe after battling for 5 hours this is the outcome Korea win China 3-1. No offense here just my personal opinion. I think the Korean team spirit must be extremely high now after winning China. The turning point is Son Wan Ho which will always be remembered as the hero forever. He is the person who win the hard fought MS 1 and that set the turning point for Korea team. Congratulations team Korea once again for defying the odds and win this tough match.

I truly appreciate all your effort here. How I wish I am at the stadium right now to see all this myself.

Yes I am so happy. Korea you did a good job. Both the Thomas and Uber Cup team have advanced to the semifinals. Congratulations. This is the best ever performance for both the Korean Uber and Thomas Cup squad. Keep it up. :)

Sundis, rajat_remar, jma97 and 2 others like this.
  9. touya

touya Regular Member

After losing in group stage, Korea is the only country that has both teams, Thomas and Uber, still alive.

10. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

bye CHN

a little message to ahsan/setiawan: thats how you play against high intensity dan high pressure opponent, with accurate and fast drive, not with loose and inaccurate drive.. hope you regain it soon..

hope INA vs KOR will be in evening session..

11. zatoino

zatoino Regular Member

Malaysia Vs Denmark will be 50-50, depend MAS md and Iskandar can win or not, of course if forced 2-2, CWF vs Hans Vittinghus is likely happen, and there will be 50-50 for their winning, only know that CWF is favour as he beat Vittinghus 2 years ago...

12. konak

konak Regular Member

13. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

How to lose when the great Hendrawan himself was coaching Iskandar from the bench!

It's obvious from the previously matches that Hendrawan knows how to make Iskandar play his best, and that Iskandar trusts Hendrawan's advice-- Morten Frost, how did you convince Malaysia to hire Hendrawan and how did you convince Hendrawan to go to Malaysia?

The new Malaysian Sports Minister will now be celebrated for hiring Morten Frost and kicking out the old guards!

Loh likes this.
  14. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    I thought Chen Long would have learnt his lesson in the last Thomas Cup when he lost badly in the semi finals to Kenchi Tago.

15. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Only LD stands in his way now-- he played as if he was in late 20s against LDK, and LD has only begun ramping up for the Olympics!

16. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

The last time Team China lost in TC quarterfinal was in 1992. 24 years ago. This the biggest failure in LYB's career. I am sure Chinese badminton fans will be very upset to CL.

Just when they thought JPN is not as strong as two years ago, also the fact that Korea lost to MAS yesterday, Chinese team must have really thought this is going to be easier. Wow. They didn't see this coming.

#556 udin_udik, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    blabl likes this.
  17. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    IMHO this is what happens when you dont nurture your talented juniors early. Its also ironic that the juniors were brought in as scratch pairs in this Thomas Cup. It is easy to say this on hindsight but maybe as a strategy LD should have played the first singles, THW as the 2nd singles and BQ as the third singles. Both SWH and LD showed today that you cant beat talent.

Rob3rt likes this.
  18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Actually Hendrawan was not hired by MF. He was brought in by the old regime and was made to coach the juniors for a start, seemingly under the Sideks, if I'm not wrong. But I guess Hendrawan has proven to be a good coach and is well-liked by many, including his boss. MF is a very sharp selector and he also identified LCW's potential and got him into the sports school.

It's a bit too early to celebrate. Remember MAS also did well the last time.

19. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

he learned nothing from last TC as he later lost to SWH in Asian Games team final. And again he didn't learn anything so he lost today.
    CL plays much better in personal tournaments and I don't know how to judge his performance in team matches. Is it a problem of confidence or his sense of responsibility?

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Congratulations to Korea for beating China and advancing to the semi finals meeting Indonesia.

jma97 and blabl like this.