2016 TOTAL BWF Thomas-Uber Cup Finals - Day 1 (15th May) : Group Stage

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 14, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Volleyball has the team photos in the official FIVB matches, and after each match the winning team will again take some team photos, usually the fancy ones with some tournament mascot.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

This morning I was not able to watch the Match of Korea versus Germany because there is simply no live stream and the match is played at court 4. I could only stare at the live scores.

Later at China time 7.00 pm I will not be able to watch Korea versus USA because there is also no live stream as the match is played at court 3. Then once again I have to stare at the live scores again.

Why can't BWF have live streaming for all the different courts from court 1 -4?

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    True! However the inclusion of China really expands the badminton market, and injects the new commercial blood into this sport, making it commercially viable the shortening period of TC-UC from every three to two years.

blabl likes this.
  5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Interesting facts indeed.

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    blabl, just suggest BWF to learn from other more senior governing bodies like ITTF, FIVB on how to better popularize the sport by better coverage of the matches' live broadcast, not just relying on the paid TV networks, by employing the own simultaneous MULTIPLE live streams, at least for the highest level tournaments such as Thomas and Uber Cups Finals. Just look at the ITTF's World Cup/Championships (both individual & team events) and FIVB's World Championships, World Cup & World Grand Prix. BWF has not fully learned from others yet :D

CLELY and blabl like this.
  7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The evening session (07.00pm) line-up :

THOMAS Cup
    INA v HKG (court 2) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...98FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=30
    It's importatnt opening tie for INA to realize their dream here, both Ahsan/Setiawan & Pratama/Suwardi absoultely will be INA trump card to score point here. The singles category potentially will present tight contest here, Sugiarto v Angus Ng KL, Christie v Hu Y and Mustofa v Vincent Wong WK.

MAS v ENG (court 4) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...98FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=44
    On paper it will be 5-0 for MAS favour, they field Chong Wei Feng and Goh Soon Huat as second and third singles respectively.

UBER Cup
    DEN v ESP (court 1) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...98FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=91
    Danish team has slight advantage to defeat Spaniard squad that led by two-time World Champion Carolina Marin. ESP has chance to lead 2-0 earlier considering positive head-to-head of their players, Marin v Line Kjaersfedlt & Beatriz Corrales v Anna Thea Madsen. Looks like the third singles will determine the winner of this interesting tie.

KOR v USA (court 3) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...8FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=109
    Only Iris Wang is expected to deliver resistance for Sung Ji Hyun as four remanining ties will be lopsided match.

blabl likes this.
  8. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    I strongly have a feeling that Japanese Uber cup team will upset the favorites later in the tournament.....

Maurice MJC and blabl like this.
  9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right. Japanese Thomas Cup surely won't make it this year. Just now they had even struggled to win over France. So hopes will be very high on the Uber Cup team to deliver this time.

Maurice MJC likes this.
  10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Whenever I think about the Japanese Thomas Cup team, my heart cry out to their head coach Park Joo Bong. Why oh why does this thing have to happen this year? Why must Kenichi Tago, Kento Momota and Kenta Nishimoto be banned from tournaments?

I can clearly understand Park Joo Bong feelings now. I can understand it. He badly wants all the best players to play but unfortunately he must follow and abide by the rules set by the Nippon Badminton Association. Hence he couldn't send the best squad for this year Thomas Cup 2016 no matter how much he wanted too.

Whatever happens Park Joo Bong I will still be supporting you and your whole Japanese team. All the best and good luck to the Japanese team.

11. Master

Master Regular Member

JPN men's team should sing-a-song "Yesterday" and "Sanoyara" for all their good remembrance with Park Joo Bong.

blabl likes this.
  12. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Quite worry for Ina TC vs HK tonight.

It couldve gone either way.

13. tharie

tharie New Member

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    #114 Loh, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe PJB really wants to resign???

16. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Hmm.. Tommy is yoyo atm, same with Ahsan Hendra..
    I honestly dont know which Ina players to win..

17. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I can see all 5 matches going into rubber except maybe md2

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Its time for me to stare at live scores. Too bad the matches that I wanted to watch have no live stream so i just stare at the scores.

19. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    No 'who-will-win' poll this year?

blabl likes this.
  20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I predict that Indonesia can win all their MD matches while Hong Kong have advantage to win all their MS matches. Just my predictions and I may be wrong here.