2016 Badminton ASIA Championships : SEMIFINALS (30th April)

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I think there must not be an excuse, there must only be facts.

The fact is that LD really had won twice and LCW none. The desire and drive to win the forthcoming one will of coz be a big big difference between the two players.

Even LCW win Rio, you still need to respect that LD's 2 is more than 1, coz not much player in OG badminton MS could win 2, but every forth year you have a guy win one...

If LCW win Rio and Tokyo in another 4 years, then we could say they are level, at least on winning OG MS, otherwise...

(P.S.: I will not be so silly to say openly that my major rival who did better than me in the very long past, doesn't know how to prepare for a major competition, particularly this rival was really doing much better than myself in this very long past...)

#361 Jonc108, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    kwun likes this.
  2. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

OMG Fukuman/ Yonao are like the goddess of stamina :O

1h56 match in QF to get rid of the number 2 seed
    2h41 match in SF to get rid of the number 3 seed. They beat the record of the longest match by a large margin xD

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Do we have to go through this after every lcw v ld match? If you have an opinion just say it and be done with it. If someone else have a different opinion so be it.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Sent from my supercomputer using Tapatalk

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Of course there are differences as stated.

But in badminton, there are at least 3 events a man or a woman can participant in provided he/she is really that good.
    Not only in MS but MD and XD as well.
    I think ZYL (in WD and XD?) and some others may have already won 2 golds. (Can google for the answers.)

#364 Loh, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  5. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I honestly have only heard of Phelps and Lewis from that list. We're talking of our sport badminton here, it's getting too big if having to involve all the other sports and people I'm not even familiar of :D

6. Maurice MJC

I know right !!!?? I wish there was a video of that match :/

7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Are you serious? I trust you know very well about badminton.

put it this way, could we say that in track and field, a player could win all running medals from 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, .... all the way to 3000m, 5000m, 10000m to marathon if that player is really good at running???

some sports are too close in nature (like 100m, 200m and 400m run) so one player could really could handled all of them.

If there are only 100m, 1500m, 10,000m and full marathon in OG track competitions, I can't see good chance for anyone to win 2 (except 10,000m and marathon) and not to mention 3 or 4 golds in one OG.

badlove likes this.
  8. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    It's funny that you mentioned this and I noticed I didn't even see Usain Bolt in the list, considering how huge he was in sprinting (every kids wanting to be like him in the future where they train sprinting here in my country). It actually doesn't represents the real caliber and popularity of these athletes just like Michael Jordan, Pele, Djokovic, Mayweather, etc in real life.

9. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

we keep on talking about LD and LCW as though one or both of them will reach the final in Rio and win gold. look at what happen to Brazil in Rio World Cup. let's move on and talk about tomorrow's final. :)

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yes, as long as hardcore LD fans always play down his defeats as if they were part of a bigger forseen divine destiny and belittle LCW's victories, we need go through this. :D

nokh88, jma97, soulpx and 5 others like this.
  11. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student

Can someone translate this post match interview of Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei

12. vinaries

vinaries Regular Member

Not a LCW's fan, don't hate LD too. But hate how LD fans always belittle those who won against their God with all their excuses as if they're the official appointed spokesman for LD.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

indrg, nokh88, kctho and 5 others like this.
  13. vinaries

vinaries Regular Member

Gao Ling is the all-time leader for the most Olympic medals in badminton, with two gold, one silver, and one bronze.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    LD and LCW was both saying about how LCW injected pace during game 3 was the key to his victory, and the last part LCW was saying they're both quite tired playing tough games because of age while CL is still young so he's got the advantage over the them the "older guys".:p

15. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

LD : disappointed that he didn't win g1. in g2, he just focus on each point and took the game. g3, he started slow and lost the first few pts due to fatigue. and then the game just gone down the drain.

LCW : after losing g2, he felt he had to up his pace. after winning the first few pts and he saw LD can't match his pace, and after interval leading 11-1, he was confident he can win it as he felt LD was tired. he had numerous encounters with LD and everytime after the match, both felt extremely tired. as for CL, he was younger and can keep up with both him and LD in the game.

nokh88, kwun, visor and 2 others like this.
  16. Maurice MJC

A few notes from this SF stage:

• Seems like Wang Yihan has a real chance to go to Rio now seeing how she beat both Saina and NO, if she beats LXR tomorrow that's even a bigger chance. Wang Yihan will go up to n°4 in next week ranking, and NO go down to n°5. CM will regain the World n°1 ranking if she wins the European Championship Final. RI therefore going down to n°2 after only 2 weeks being n°1.
    • Saina will and should be disappointed about her performance, after the draining match WY had yesterday, Saina should really have been able to at least take this match to 3 games. I wonder how NO vs Saina would have turned out.
    • Very expected from LXR against an awfully tired SJH playing her 26th tournament, still surprised that SJH managed to get back in G1. SJH is however too passive to pose any real problem to top 5 players.
    • LCW vs LD was clearly not the match of the tournament as we expected it to be, pretty boring match in fact if you ask me. Glad LCW took in the end though, he seemed really calm and focused.
    • What a shame to not have been able to watch that historic 2h41 WD, pretty sure there was some 150+ shots rallye in there lol. Very interesting that if Fukuman/ Yonao wins tomorrow, they will qualify for Rio. I don't think they will upset the n°1 though especially after playing more than 4h of match in two days. But I wouldn't be surprised if the n°1 go easy on them for the aforemention reason (which is morally wrong but China has been doing this for decades.. )
    • Good run for Kamura/ Sonoda; but still far from being a threat to the number 1/

#376 Maurice MJC, Apr 30, 2016
    kwun and pcll99 like this.
  17. Harish Reddy M

Student
    Thanks!

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Harish Reddy M

At the beginning of the video clip the reporter talks about how Lee Chong Wei won the first set 22-20. Then in the second set the news reporter said that Lin Dan finally increased his speed and won the second set 21-15. However the third set is totally one sided as Lee Chong Wei won 21-4.

Then Lin Dan when being interviewed himself admitted that during the third set his speed has slowed down and he could no longer match Lee Chong Wei speed hence he lose horribly 4-21. Lin Dan said that he is disappointed with himself especially in the third set of the match. Lin Dan said that he could have won the match of he played better in the third set.

During the interview Lee Chong Wei said that Lin Dan speed is indeed very fast from the beginning. He realised it. But then he also realised that after some time Lin Dan couldn't maintain his fast speed anymore. Lee Chong Wei said that during the third set of the game he played with more aggression and he speed up in the third set whereas Lin Dan has slowed down. That is how he managed to win the match in the end. Lee Chong Wei also talked a bit about Chen Long when being interviewed. Lee Chong Wei said that definitely Chen Long can play at a faster speed than him as Chen Long is much younger compared to Lin Dan and him. Lee Chong Wei said they're both quite tired playing tough games because of their old age while Chen Long is still young so he's got the advantage over the them the "older guys".

#378 blabl, Apr 30, 2016
    nokh88, kwun and Harish Reddy M like this.
  19. Harish Reddy M

Student
    Thanks!

20. Harish Reddy M

Student
    Thanks!