2016 Badminton Asia Championships (Thurs, 28 April)

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2016' started by pcll99, Apr 27, 2016.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    RI finally felt the tiredness it seems, Sato is hard worker undoubtedly RI couldn't do justice with her seedings in this tourney! Anyways a tremendous effort from the Thai prodigy! Go girl it's OG next
    PVS again faltered in converting when she can, still a relatively good performance from her judging her recent form!
    SN next plays WSX that should be a real test

2. zmrzlik

zmrzlik New Member

dream qf LDKing vs LDK

Wysłane z mojego SM-G903F przy użyciu Tapatalka

3. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

seems like one man army again...

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thought I saw SDK's name. :( Must be getting older.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How's the 22-yr-old Intanon doing ? She came here after more than a week's rest with fresher legs and lost in R2 to a player whom she's expected to beat though, admittedly, Sayaka Sato is no pushover. I guess, it once again confirms the situation in WS nowadays, any top 15 player or so can beat anyone on a good day. The most in-form WS player briefly taking turns to rule for a while, a wide open field is WS indeed.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unfortunately, I still think Li Xuerui doesn't have the fitness and stamina to do well in back-to-back tournaments, for the time being at least.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Looks like MS is still the big issue for Korea. No reliable MS and also WS for korea. Hence it will be tough for Korea to win in team events. In order to win the team events you need to have good MS and Ws. Thus far the Ws and MS are not up to par yet. Hence it will be extremely difficult for Korea to win in team events whereby 3 MS and 3 Ws will be played. Korea is good in doubles but not singles.

Surprising to note that 4 XD have advanced to play in the quarterfinals. However, it just doesn't help much. Out of these 4 XD only one can play in Rio Olympics 2016. Too bad. Wow 2 MD have advanced and 1 WD also advanced to play in the quarterfinals.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am merely stating the facts here. Lets just say that Korea MD 1 and MD 2 can win points in team tournaments but with no reliable MS 1, MS 2 and MS 3 to win points, it will be extremely useless. 2 points don't guarantee a win in team tournaments.

Then for the women side it is the same too. Lets just say that Korea WD 1 and WD 2 are extremely good and surely can wkn2 points in team tournaments. But again with no reliable Ws 1, Ws 2 and Ws 3 it will again be very difficult for Korea to win in women team tournaments. 2 points don't guarantee a win in team tournaments.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Chen Hung Lin / Wang Chi Lin just won over the highly ranked Japanese MD player Hiroyuki Endo / Kenichi Hayakawa. That is why I said it is so difficult to predict the MD results nowadays. Any MD player can win on any good day.

10. Master

Master Regular Member

Chen Hung Ling/Wang Chi Lin ever won 1 times before, so they repeat their past achievement.

Their H2H Record become 2-3 over this Japanese MD

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for your information. But still looking at the score 21-14 the first set and third set 21-11 seems to me like this Japanese MD have stamina issues I guess especially in the third set.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

It will be sad to see Lin Dan getting thrashed by Lee Dong Keun tomorrow. But what can he do.

13. Master

Master Regular Member

Regarding out of stamina or not, there is no special weapon owned by this Japanese MD. That's why so many times they manage to reach final but they failed to be a champion. Or in the other way we can say that they're vulnerable to lost to any pair even they're on their best stamina.

#113 Master, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Maurice MJC and blabl like this.
  14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thank you so much for your explanation.

15. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

i would think that sung ji hyun is reliable (when she's not injured or exhausted) but they have no second ws so that's where the trouble is.. korean wd isn't actually that strong either i don't think...

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right. I agree with you. Korea WD isn't that strong either. So with no good Ws to support Sung Ji Hyun they won't stand a chance to win the uber cup.

Then for Thomas Cup the same old story. No good MS at all to support each other. How to stand a chance to win in Thomas Cup? Sigh....

That is the situation in Korea and we must learn to accept it.

17. event

event Regular Member

I think it's highly unlikely they could be kept from Rio. Only the Germans and English can catch them and both would have to reach the European final for that to happen. Even if they did, Poon Lok Yan would have to recover from her knee injury and the Australians would have to be given the go-ahead. Each of those four conditions is highly unlikely on its own but for all four to coincide? Whoa.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    CLELY, please start the thread for tomorrow.

19. Master

Master Regular Member

The Australian has been out from the list, they're no more qualified.

You can check here:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/category.aspx?id=11126&category=2155&p=1&ps=100

20. event

event Regular Member

Yes, I just saw that, too. I was fully expecting that as soon as I realized Mapasa played WJC in 2013 but it's interesting that they actually removed them from the list altogether. I must say I'm surprised to see that because having them off the list means that the top 50 is actually a shorter list and that allowed the Egyptians to get in. They are out again, of course, but they were in for a day. The Australians are still #36 in the world rankings and the Rio rules only mention rankings on May 5th. They don't say rankings of eligible players on May 5th. Anyway, Hoo/Woon are definitely in now that Batomene/Lefel, Fere/Yazgan, and Amitrapai/Chochuwong have all passed the only African pair.