Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So, if it doesnt happen to coincide with your opinion, it serves no purpose...? How.....Chinese of you. (Or Turkish) :D

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Yes,it doesn't coincide with my opinion......And I REPEAT again

"That thread was useless"......Lin Dan was never going downhill.

volcom likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

His great series of wins in the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 proves that. Oh wait.....
    While I dont think that he's trending downwards at the moment, I think the thread had a legitimate reason to be there, and there was a visible downward trend as other players realized more and more how beatable he has become.
    Personally I think he may surprise us at the Olympics - with spot on preparation and his known mental fortitude and experience he will be able to beat anyone - but I wouldnt be surprised if he dropped out quite early either, and I'm positive he'll never be able to win more than 2 or 3 top level tournaments a year ever again.
    Compared to the days where he was almost able to win tournaments on a whim, that sure is a step down (or two).

4. Nine Tailed Fox

@ssj100 @nokh88 @Vishnu @pjswift @Rob3rt @j4ckie

13087631_1076541285738913_4009490034873660039_n.jpg

Great Victory today. Unbelievable badminton at times. Lin Dan said he will train even harder for Thomas Cup. Beautiful writing on the wall too.

Here is the Play of the Day.

SleepyEyedBoyZ likes this.
  5. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Didn't expect that I could watch LD playing like today before Thomas Cup...
    For me this is the best MS match of this year so far

Justin L and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  6. Nine Tailed Fox

What are you talking about?

He had a 100% winning record in 2013. That's not downhill. That was a mysterious period.

In 2014,he swiped the entire China....China Masters,Asian Championship,Chinese Taipei.....then cooled down a bit in Japan before exploding in Australia.....winning every match in Thomas Cup and ultimately thrashing everyone in the Asian Games......After that he lost motivation and suffered a nasty knee injury.....A Better year compared to Chen Long and Lee Chong Wei....

In 2015, it was just a well prepared strategy to not win too many tournaments and recover completely from the knee injury....Agree,he played bad in few tournaments....But the year was more about enjoying his first full year on the circuit after 2011 and be in the Top 3 come the end of the year.....Not a good year compared to his standard but still better than Jan O Jorgensen and co.......

2016.....Oh! The Best player of 2016 so far....Absolutely unstoppable at times...24-3 Win/Loss....One SSP...Two GPG titles....

volcom likes this.
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'll call my team and tell them I'll only play one match. After all a 100% WR is super, even if I have no impact the whole rest of the year.

8. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

haven't see any discussion here but did anyone notice LD was arguing with an official before the final? Not on the court,it was before they went into the court. That was really funny.
    As CL wore his dark pink shirt, LD couldn't keep his red shirt as his ranking was lower. He must choose another shirt with the color which was not similar to dark pink. LD insisted he want to keep his red shirt. They argued for a while and finally the official said he would be fined if he went out with his red shirt. LD said something like "OK I'll pay for that. Now just let me keep my shirt on."

lostLore, ytam1 and visor like this.
  9. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I heard the commentator said that one player would be fine, and with your information I know who he is. I think both players love red as it implies luck, and none of them wants to let it go.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Red is the color that represents the nation. Playing in front of their home crowd they want to just play with their favorite color. Next time they should let LD chose the color based on their head to head (8-2), him as the senior and his achievements (2 OG Gold, 5 WC Gold). :p

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    For those who are still questioning what LD's capable of, the match yesterday was a clear indication that he's simply saving the best for last. ;)

Even when Taufik Hidayat was asked who he thinks is the best, he simply said it's still Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei's era right now. If even a badminton legend already said like that who would even listen to newbies like you guys who have never played their level of game?:rolleyes:

http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/201...karang.Masih.Eranya.Lin.Dan.dan.Lee.Chong.Wei

lostLore likes this.
  13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    That thread didn't disappear.
    All the posts in that thread are still around.
    In other words, that thread was merged with this thread.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan,the first badminton player ever to do this

kwun and SleepyEyedBoyZ like this.
  15. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

I think it's more about psychological game,not really about red color.
    For the WC final in 2013,LD started wearing a white shirt,with some yellow part. LCW also wore a white shirt with some black or deep red part. Before the match LD was asked to change his shirt as his ranking was much lower,and he refused,and of course he was fined. Later during the final he put on a red shirt... He could totally put on this red shirt before the match,he just didn't want to.

16. Chee Wan Mun

Chee Wan Mun New Member

I understand a player with a higher ranking has a preference with the colour of his attire. The lower ranked player has to change under BWF ruling.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks to Shuttle Flash for capturing the moment for us on a video clip.

As far as I remember, that distinction of being the first badminton player to do a dive and rolled over should go to He Bingjiao in the Nanjing Youth Olympics in gold medal match with Akane Yamaguchi. And, unlike Lin Dan, she didn't miss the shuttle but managed to get it over the net.

18. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

and if this player refuses to change,he or she will be fined.
    LD would rather be fined than changing his shirt. Totally psychological play.

19. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Perhaps Shuttle Flash means the racket thing:p

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's why I called that match not only a clash of the titans but also a clash of egos. But I agree with you, it's not out of false pride but more a matter of psychological or mind game, an expression of willpower. Both players happen to like red and once they've chosen it, simply refuse to concede, and it translated into a well-fought match on court.