2016 OUE Singapore Open Superseries : SEMI FINALS(16th April)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Apr 15, 2016.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2016.
  1. Lin Dan

69.2%
  2. Soni Dwi Kuncoro

30.8%
  1. soami

soami Regular Member

He had been rising for some time. Saw his match against Axelsen in India. He looked sharp as ever. Great comeback. Nice to see

Oldhand likes this.
  2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks and on behalf of others as well.

Oldhand likes this.
  3. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Congratulations to Sony.
    By the way, Lee Chong Wei is the the clear favorite to win the Rio Olympic GOLD.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

So,you want me to quote your posts then?

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    getting old, losing my magic touch in prediction....time to pack it in and stick to watching mud wrestling....hahaha

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Poll for tomorrow: how many matches will China win?

7. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

In the beginning, Takahashi asked whether Matsutomo's doing fine to which Matsutomo replied she's okay. During the game Takahashi asked Matsutomo whether she would continue, if her partner was forcing it too much she might be the one who should stop her and she was saying this time the injury wasn't as bad as what happened at Japan Open. So she could move better. Takahashi knew she should cover for her and that Matsutomo will be targeted, but knowing that made Matsumoto concentrated in the game better. They wouldn't expect to be able to win two title in a row so they think they pulled a good one tonight. The last question asked if they would be okay to play tomorrow, to which Takahashi replied she doesn't want her partner to be forcing it too much but they will see how it goes and it seems they would be okay for tomorrow's game.

Loh, renbo and kwun like this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

True heroes belong to all humanity, nothing about foreign heroes, nationality never an issue, for they serve all humankind. If we see ourselves first and foremost as human beings, part of the human race as one human family
    Not at all, it's just that you didn't bargain for Lin Dan having other ideas. That's also the reason why I didn't cast my vote, because I couldn't read his mind. Maybe he thought he revealed too much of himself at the German Open and the All England and then wanted to take a step back ,continue to befuddle his rivals and not put them on alert. No doubt, the Super Trio are playing mind games with each other. What to do, they are all after the same thing, the most important goal in their lives now.

I mean, under normal circumstances, Lin Dan would have won this tournament hands down, esp when Chen Long had taken himself out of the picture for his own reasons. If Chen Long had known that's what Lin Dan had in mind to do here, he might as well go ahead and add this title to his resume for Chen Long's achievements are not even one-quarter of Lin Dan's. As far as badminton is concerned, not only Chen Long and Lin Dan stop training together, I won't be the least bit surprised if they also never discuss anything regarding badminton but still continue to maintain their friendship outside of it.

9. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Takahashi was a bit worried of her partner during the match, but she gave the decision to Matsutomo who said the injury wasn't as bad as Japan Open, adding the decision to play tomorrow would also be made solely by Matsutomo's consent.

Great partnership and solid friendship, they really looked after another.

Vijay P. and kwun like this.
  10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I predicted a win for Lin Dan today.
    Dang!
    I was wrong.
    Probably I'm too old for this.
    :(

Loh likes this.
  11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Dear all bcers,

Sorry for playing the role of the bad guy here.

I guess we had better move on. No point keep on arguing non stop about Lin Dan previous MS match. From agree to disagree lets just move on.

Looking forward to tomorrow final match will definitely be much more better. Lets stop arguing among each other and peace everyone. Maintaining peace is a must in this forum.

Oldhand and kwun like this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sigh. For the great majority of us, we'd be delighted just to be in the finals of a SS tourney, let alone win it for which we'd be ecstatic. But not so, Lin Dan, the opposite is the case. His home cabinet has run out of space to hold all the multifarious trophies he has accumulated over the years so much so his beloved wife, Xie Xingfang, is grumbling, unless they move to a bigger house and get a bigger cabinet, some of those trophies will have to go to the storeroom. Now we know Lin Dan's constraint. For all we know, he might have promised her all he wants from now on is another Olympic gold medal which clearly won't occupy much space, just a small bit, in the cabinet, albeit it will take pride of space beside the first two won at Beijing and London. :p:):D

Perhaps, he can still squeeze in one or two, the CHN Masters and the Badminton Asia Championships both held in his own country? But, seriously, I really hope Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang decide to move to a much bigger house and get a much grander,huge, glass cabinet in the living hall as quickly as possible - and start collecting many more trophies again before he hangs up his racquet for good one day. Pray, do that , please.

Oldhand likes this.
  13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Nothing wrong supporting LD or LCW or Thaufik. They are marvels as far as badminton is concerned

Oldhand likes this.
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nah, nothing to do with your age, wisdom and experience you have much. It's all Lin Dan's fault, he is to blame. I'd more or less said the same to OTB.

Oldhand likes this.
  15. ronny chandra

ronny chandra Regular Member

At f

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

But as Sony said himself, there should always be an Indo player at the top to represent the special grace of Indonesian badminton. Happy that he does it himself today.

Oldhand likes this.
  17. ronny chandra

At first..LD..now CL is following LD..only LCW..who always play 100%...

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

LCW displays true sportsmanship!

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Absolutely, my heroes in history in all fields, not just sport, come from all over the world. The greatest of humans belong to all humanity, regardless of race, colour, language, or belief systems.

20. ronny chandra

Yes...
    Yes...LD and CL must give two thumbs up for LCW for this sportmanship..i hope LCW wins the Olympic...

emrebelezoglu likes this.