2016 Celcom Axiata MALAYSIA Open SS Premier : Qualifying & R/32

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In that case, it's not walkover but promotion to R2. Hmm...how to walkover nobody ?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe it's calculated risk for which the coaches and the team doctor must be involved in the discussion and consultation.

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Also KM gave a walkover :eek:
    I pity HSP

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry friend. I pity Ajay jayaram who had to play his late night match hence he lost today.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes you are right. In the recent interview when Iskandar was being interviewed about why he still choose to play in and take risks despite his injuries, he said that he felt that bow is the right time for him to continue playing in tournaments so that he can improve his rankings. But then I am also wondering whether it will be good for him to continue playing in tournaments despite injury.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Nah the time zone diff is not a big issue! Perhaps I expected AJ to loose infact he more pts than I thought :D
    It's extremely lucky that he got to the finals of the KOR SS, he can cherish the memories forever! 'Cause the way he is playing these days I suspect a QF is a farcry

7. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
  8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I pity Ajay Jayaram. J always though that he is an extremely good and talented player.

9. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Anyone else Thinks tomorrows Schedule is stupid? ct2 and ct3 has 14:eek: matches in a row starting 10 am, it can be massive delays.

10. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Regular Member

Here's a recording of the mentioned rally between MZ and CL, where Marc lost his racket at one point :D

#190 Black Tiger, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  11. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    haha what a MD... The arrogant Sukamuljo (just seen the last points and he did it again three times) and the hyperactive English pair :eek::D:confused:
    Can the Kevin/Gideon challenge the World Champions tomorrow?

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest although I may not know and all my friends also don't know who is this English pair. But then all my friends are all very amazed by their good performance today. Both played so well today. They also nearly won the game today. Can you brief me more about this English pair?

13. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

Very surprising withdrawal from Kento Momota. sport247 reports that "Japan’s Kento Momota has withdrawn from the Malaysia Open and returned home due to “very personal problems” after winning his first round match against India’s H.S. Prannoy 21-19, 22-20."

Probably something family-related since his post-match interview (on Badminton Malaysia Website) does not suggest any injury, see below:

"Chong Wei is still the main threat. He is still a very dangerous opponent," said Momota after his 21-19, 22-20 win over India's H.S. Prannoy in the first round in the Celcom Axiata Malaysia Open Superseries Premier at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam on Wednesday.
    "There are others like Chen Long and Lin Dan … but to me Chong Wei is the man to beat. He may have suffered shock defeats in the All-England and India Open but it does not mean his badminton is on the slide.You win some and lose some in any sports and this is what has happened to Chong Wei."

On his chances in the Malaysia Open the former junior world champion (2012) said his match against Prannoy has given him the "momentum" for his coming matches.

"It is windy inside the stadium but I will have managed to adjust my game. I will be in better shape to face my opponents now. For sure I am motivated with my win in India as I have won all my four superseries finals," added Momota.

nilesh123, Oldhand and kwun like this.
  14. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Regular Member

Thanks for the info! Hope it's nothing too serious and he will be back for the Singapore Open next week to defend his crown :)