2016 Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open Superseries : FINALS (3rd April)

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I doubt so, LCW's age notwithstanding.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay congratulations for winning the game today, Kento Momota. Wow what an exciting MS final.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hi Forestal,

Why include Chen Long's name too?

Only Lin Dan alone would have been enough to prove your point.:D

4. mm_muljana

mm_muljana Regular Member

Architect
    Amin

5. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Momota's the youngest player ever to clinch SS and now he got 4 SS titles with him. He'll have 4 good shots at Olympics for gold, current world number 2, a bright future for him from now ahead and I'm sure he will deliver. Go Momota! :D

Blitz likes this.
  6. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Lin Dan is now 32 years of age, LCW a year older. Chen Long is 27. Momota is only 21, when is he at his best? Maybe in 5 years or so. I don't see Lin Dan or LCW playing when Momota is at hist best. That makes these kind of head-to-head comparisons useless as players are at different point at their careers. It is possible that Momota never beats Lin Dan or LCW, especially if those two retire after Olympics.

Vijay P. likes this.
  7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Well done to RI! Looking forward to watching the replay!

8. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Very well said. Please check what title these Big 3 grabbed when they were 21 years old :) Lin Dan and Taufik was very impressive in their early 20s, but Chen Long and LCW were not that good as far as I can remember. I have nothing against LCW and Chen Long, but Momota was just 21, and he has 4 SS titles, can we please give him some respect?

Blitz likes this.
  9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Both Lin Dan and Taufik Hidayat are hugely talented shuttler, no wonder they stole limelight in young age despite they aren't World Junior Champion. Chen Long won 2012 London Olympic bronze medal (23 y.o) followed by All England title (24) and 2014 Copenhagen WC (25), his maiden Superseries was CHN Open back to 2010 edition (21 years old).

Kento Momota is the youngest MS player in BWF top 10 world rank and his achievements so far have indicated he's the one of future stars, it's not easy to grab SS title in very competitive tournament currently.

Vijay P. likes this.
  10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A horrible injury, wishing the best for Xue Song!

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Such an anti-climax final, all straight-sets winning with little pressure for the eventual winners, two upsets happened as Intanon and Gideon/Sukamuljo defeated their higher ranked opponent.

12. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Thanks CLELY for enlightening us. I also just checked that en route to winning his only SS title when he was 21 y o, China Open 2010, Chen Long didn't meet the Big4 (LD, TH, PG, LCW), He should have faced Lin Dan in QF, but for some odd reason, LD choose to Walk Over and it was a controversy issue back then.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Hi, anyone know if whyau is uploading WS final in HD?

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

hope to see the video too.

15. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Totally agreed, easy comparison I was down $40K in student loan when I was 22 LOL :D, but this dude is already making millions with Yonex and NTT (major telecommunications here).

He's not only a champion on court but already very successful off court with lots of lucrative offers, something that every young players could look up to as inspiration, role model and motivation in badminton.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the WS final, LXR was obviously far from her best, probably the previous three long,grueling matches was taking a toll on her. She was more passive than usual, slower in her movement, and error-prone as well. A less fatigued LXR would have given us a much better and higher quality match and,yes, I believe LXR would have a more than 50% chance of coming out on top.

As for IR, she played her usual game, as best as she could and with significant improvement in her fitness lately. But,to put it in perspective, I don't see any improvement in her game overall. For a child prodigy who started young and has been in the senior circuit for more than five years already in active competition, I 'm not the least bit surprised if she is more or less in her prime at this stage.

Let's not forget, it was only a little more than three months ago at Dubai SSF that she lost twice to Wang Yihan, her longtime foe, who remarkably holds a 12-0 shutout in their H2H. Also noteworthy is IR's defeat to He Bingjiao just last month at the German Open. Still, I count IR among the top contenders for the coming Olympics. In fact, in WS, I believe there are about ten players who on a good day can mount the winner's podium for gold. Whoever has all the factors coming into play turning out right for her during the Olympics will be the chosen one.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

There's no question here of disrespect for Momota's achievements of 4 SS titles, I'm just thinking aloud and pointing out an undeniable fact not of his fault. I'm sure the still relatively young Momota at 21, born, 1 Sep 1994, has many good years ahead of him and he will have no lack of opportunities to prove himself against Lin Dan and Lee CW, if not , then against the likes of Chen Long who would definitely be around for several more years at least.

Well, if you asked Li Yongbo, who was known to have said that if any of his MS players wins a title without beating LCW, it doesn't count very much to him, you would know the answer. Whether he meant that as a criticism or provocation to strive harder, I leave it to you.

Let's not forget that Chen Long started beating Lee CW back in 2011 at the Japan Open, not to mention his maiden victory over him in the 2009 IND Open when he was about 20 years old, a win that was attributed more to LCW having diarrhoea days before, iirc. Till today, Chen Long holds a favourable H2H of 12-11 as of now.

18. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Let's not forget that Chen Long is 27 years old already, his time was almost in the same era with LCW, he is only 5 years younger and has professionally competed for the last 7 years. While Momota is completely different, he is turning pro for only 2 years. Time will prove, 6 years later when Momota is 27 years old. Would be interesting to see H2H between Momota vs Chen Long at that time. Dare to bet?