Swiss Open 2016 Grand Prix Gold (Qualifications round to Finals)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by blabl, Mar 15, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry but I still feel that the story would have been different if Wang Tzu Wei is playing today. Sorry for saying this.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Last time, Srikanth won it. This time Prannoy won it. Now i can say he is the 2nd best MS for India to represent india in RIO. But nothing is certain yet. So many players including Ajay Jayaram, Kashyap, Sameer verma , Sai praneeth etc are fighting for 2nd spot

nilesh123 and badmuse like this.
  3. Baddyforall

Prannoy won Tzu wei wang yesterday . He deserved to be in the final. No second thoughts on that.

badmuse likes this.
  4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay have to accept the reality then.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am very impressed with this girl He Bingjiao. She is so good. She should go for Rio then.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Looks like He Bingjiao will win his match easily then. Oh wow.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Congratulations to the new rising star He Bingjiao. She is just too good to be true. She won the match today.

8. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    HBJ must cut down her weight by about 5 kgs to be an even a better player. Base yourself permanently in Lingsui and run at least one hour everyday on the sands of beautiful Sanya until Olympics 2020.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I second that. Though apparently her fitness and stamina is better, there's still room for improvement. She is the real deal.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

When we looked at how He Bingjiao played and beat all her opponents here one by one, from Jindapol, Intanon, Sindhu, then Sun Yu, and finally, Wang Yihan - there's no denying she is on the rise, outplaying every single one of them, yet there are those who want to give excuses for some opponents.

With this crowning victory of HBJ's, it should shut up those doubters and deniers. She's turning 19 in two days' time, born 21st March 1997, I can't help but feel that had CBA allowed her to play regularly at the senior level, esp Superseries tournaments, say , two years ago, by now I believe she could have bagged at least one SS titles.

As it is, during her junior days, she had captured a number of GP/GPG titles, such as the VIE Open, CHN Masters, INA Masters, yet she didn't get to play that many of them. To me, today's resounding victory is notable for based on the strength of the turnout, the Swiss Open GPG is as good as a normal superseries. This achievement is without any doubt a breakthrough tournament for He Bingjiao. She will go far, absolutely.

11. Pirayeba67

Head hunter
    What an absorbing XD finals. While W Yilu is still learning to play XD CQC is fast proving herself to be one of the best front court players. I must add that the Thai girl, Savitri, is also very impressive. Bodin played better than Wang.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Glad to know He Bingjiao won today. She is a Top 10 material already. Give her Lin Dan's fitness,she will perform lights out.

Knew Prannoy's weapons will be too much for Zwiebler. Sending anyone not named Srikanth or Prannoy to Rio could well be the gamble of the century or the most foolish decision anyone could make.

nilesh123 likes this.
  13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow congratulations to that Chen Qingjen / Wang Yilv for winning the match today. Wow what an exciting match indeed.

14. Pirayeba67

Head hunter
    I actually wanted WYH to lose yesterday to give her ( HBJ) a crack at another top player. But WYH wouldn't oblige. I am not bothered who wins the title I just want HBJ to have more chances to play against top foreign players. By the way just ignore the incorrigible poster who left the forum and came back with a new name. Does BC allow that?

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    HBJ played fabulously today, this is her first match I saw in this tourney! She was moving much better plus she was even deceptive in her style! WYH OTOH looked off colour all together! I couldn't even recognize her in g1! How on earth she def SN by such a scoreline with that game, it must be HBJ who didn't allow her to settle!

16. Baddyforall

Good work by Den MD pair. Easy win for them.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow congratulations to this young Danish MD (Kim Astrup / Anders Skaarup Ramussen) for winning The gold medals today. Both really played a good attacking game today. Wow.

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I second that! Unless Sameer stunns few elite players, HSP is our second best undoubtedly :) also, he needs to improve on his consistency! The referee atleast mentioned his UEs a million times

19. Baddyforall

Saina is coming back after injury lay off. Hope she get back to normal self before next tournament. She is on track. Will do better in coming tournaments.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Today I watched the matches of this tourney for the first time, the referee in the WD match was sitting for mere formality! The players were wasting hefty amt of time moving and talking on the court but the referee was least bothered!