grommets with a thick head

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ucantseeme, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello BC,

we talked in the past alot about grommets and most people here went for the MBS because they are great for their value of money. I use them for my customers, too but had always Yones Grommet sets (can't tell which but I guess it was AT700 and later ZFI) on the sides for high tension jobs for thin strings. Now all my sources with this good value (1 set = 3.50€) are dry. All have the ZFII-grommet set. (for the same value of money). I noticed that the head of the grommets are slimmer compared to the old sets and I get a problem because the 2.7mm grommets are mostly the culprits on older 72-holes rackets. Does anybody know where I can get such grommets which also came with the JS10? This grommets are on the safe side, because the heads are pretty thick and don't get cutted easily. I don't find these thick head grommets. Any sources? I should be at a good value of money. Any thoughts?

2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

You seen the thread on the L and square shaped grommets? Is that a solution?

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Yes, but I'm looking for an easy online shop solution and don't want to write PMs and order from a mystery guy. I'm also not good in waiting. Inside Europe should be nice. Asia if the price is okay and i can buy them in loads. I waste a lot of grommets per year. The old YY stock was really great, but now I need a new source.