2016 YONEX ALL ENGLAND Open SSP - SEMI FINALS (12th March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks, mate, you put it so well, I've nothing to add.

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I don't really have an agenda here :D You might be right, but the official I talked with is quite high up. I can't even reveal their position without the possibility of it revealing who they are. I would think they have a very good understanding of the game and the backdoor behaviour.

I don't think it's 'China cheat', I think it's 'China play the game they need to play'. It's not uncommon to hear about this behaviour in all sports, it's come up in car racing before. I also don't think it's because any players lack talent, so please do not assume I'm saying the China players are bad. But, were I in the situation to delegate the outcome of a match, I too would probably encourage it to be the best outcome for the team, not the individual.

I think you would be naive to pretend it never happens, because there's evidence to suggest it does in all competition. I do think they arranged for Xue Song to win over Chen Long, because it only makes the team stronger. I think they arranged for Lin Dan to win over Xue Song in 3 sets rather than 2, because it only makes the team stronger.

3. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Charlie, somehow I believe that you carry no other agenda but simply telling your own observation and info sincerely.

But you also noted that some folks are quick to catch up your story to fan their particular sentiments!

Btw be aware that there are some or many who may not agree with your perspective upon the team's vs individual's utmost importance or priorities :) in particular in this kind of sport.

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I think I agree with CL vs XS part!
    But why are we posting all these in this thread! The title reads AE SF and not "China badminton scene" or "LD" !
    The SFs are concluded, which naturally means it's time to move ahead! Why to increase the Mods work :)
    The Finals thread is already created
    PS: its deserted :p

5. Firas

Firas Regular Member

First, it is almost impossible to tell whether a player is giving 100% or 90% on purpose. Therefore at the end of the day, the theories on Xue Song-Lin Dan are but pure speculation and a conspiracy because it cannot be proven.

Second, what would one do as head coach? Wouldn't one be thinking of employing the best strategy to get the most Olympics medals for the team within the boundaries of the rules? I am sure many other countries also strategise meticulously beyond the courts but unfortunately many are not in as privileged a position as China with these options.

Only a foolish or careless coach would think and act otherwise. I don't deem this as frauding or cheating but wisdom and tact.

Those who think that the Chinese should tear each other apart every time they meet must have their heads examined.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I don' think the mods have to be strict about relevancy as long as they are related to badminton, just that it's sometimes necessary and good to create individual threads for specific topics or subjects that are of a sufficiently high degree of interest in and of itself as that makes it neater and easier for future reference and search/research.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You know, the announcer said ever so politely to please do not take pictures in the arena, so that we could enjoy the game. There's a grain of truth there - we lose quite a bit of enjoyment when working those lenses.

Yup, maybe I should just retire the camera and go with Russian binoculars only ......

8. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

I've been going to the AE for many years now & have noted there is a certain "trend" that occurs during China-China games especially in the ladies games. The first game will often see the players go at it hammer & tongs with it being quite close. The second game will often see the loser of the first game "fade" and normally end up losing the second game as well.
    Whether that's Ordered or not. I'd say it's astute as it still allows the players to win on "merit" based off the first game whilst conserving energy for the next round.

P.S. The Chips were blooming good this year! !
    P.P.S Anyone else see the Female Lin Dan fan in block 3 with the bunch of flowers? ? bunny Boiler material if I ever saw one. ;)

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    right. this mods is 3 days behind in this thread. but still better than that official who is 4 yrs behind in the qualification rule!

conspiracy theories are ok as long as it is not outrageous. but make sure you guys take it as it is, just a theory, and respond with that in mind.

it is up to you guys to create a new thread or not. usually when a new thread is created, it dilutes the interests and the topic dies down.