2016 YONEX ALL ENGLAND Open SSP - QUALIFICATION & Round of 32(8th and 9th March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

[MENTION=121556]blabl[/MENTION]. I understand your feelings. But your analysis is simply without any meaning.
    As somebody said in earlier post, the match between LCW and SaiPraneeth started at around 3 am indian time and 6 am malaysian time. So, the more uncomfortable situation arises to Sai praneeth than Lee chong wei for whom it would be like starting of a normal day. So, it is wrong to complain about schedule.

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oh my god what do I miss! One day you sleep early and you miss upset of the year :( anybody has Hls or video of BSP vs LCW!!

3. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    its on youtube. Can easily search it.

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well he plays HKV today, who isn't at his best of course but you never know

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

One minor point, not that it matters a lot - LCW started his match around 6 am (MAS time) but he had to stay awake hours before that. Actually, not much better for Praneeth either. In any case, there had to be a winner, whatever the extraneous factors affecting both players.

Frankly , for a seasoned campaigner like LCW who travels frequently across multiple timezones, I'd expect him to be able to handle jetlag and time differences relatively well, but within limits. Of greater concern should be his age catching up, the more so when he's still playing mostly fast attacking badminton. I should say, Lee Hyun Il's style of play is more suited for veterans past 30, with the occasional high degree of aggression.

8. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I just saw the match. LCW was rusty in G1, but still had a healthy lead of 15-8 or alike. Sai Praneeth's cross court smashes on LCW's backhand, down the line were too much to handle.

In G2 too, LCW had a healthy lead in second half. But praneeth still caught up. 11-17 in second game praneeth trailing and it must have felt that it will be same old story. But Praneeth had different things in his mind.

Both players took too many breaks. Umpire even mildly warned LCW once. Crucial mistakes by LCW at key points.

Not sure how many titles have LCW won at all england (3-4?), but he definitely knows how to handle jet lag, so that shouldn't be a main contributory factor. Pranneth was too good on the net. And his smashes were lethal. We need to see, whether he is just a one match wonder.

Again a PBL reference. Both Praneeth and Verma did well in PBL and both perform well at All England.

Given the past history, I am not expecting KS to win. But win from either Praneeth or Verma would be great. KS's win would be a bonus :)

9. gaara

gaara Regular Member

+1. You'll find it more difficult to play at 3.30 AM which is the peak sleeping hour, rather than at 7 without a previous night's sleep. Who knows LCW might have taken a nap before his turn to play. I just saw the video, half of the reason he lost is because he didn't give respect to his opponent and the other half is Praneeth actually played some wonderful Badminton. Hope the lad finds his foot in the international arena and is able to express more from here on wards.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I mean, as I recall, even Peter Gade, besides LCW, on more than one occasion, complained of his late night matches among the very last few of the day. An isolated case may be tolerable, but twice or more in succession would be understandably annoying, apart from any adverse effect it might have on individual players.

In this regard, towards alleviating such a problem, organizers are already scheduling some of the R1 XD matches on the same day as the qualifying round, as far as possible.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, come Rio Olympics, all the Asian players, as well as the European ones perhaps to a lesser extent, would be well advised to arrive there a couple days earlier than usual to acclimatize themselves as much as possible. In fact, if I'm not wrong,from what I've gathered, some of the top players, LCW included, already planned to be in Rio at least a week or more beforehand and do some preparation training as part of acclimatization (but not necessarily at the Olympic badminton courts).

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agreed, but if the "timezone" or the "aging phenomenon' or playing the last match are considered as contributory factors then LD faced them all in GO last week!
    The timezone is almost same, age almost same as LCW and as far as playing the last match is concerned he played last almost throughout the tourney! This if I take as an " excuse" is baseless needless to say how experienced he is and how many jet lags he might have experienced or how many "late night matches" he has played as compared to his young and not so 'accomplished' opp!
    No doubt he is one of the finest player in the world, which is the itself is the unchallenged reason of so many posts on the incident, but a def here or there is natural and should be taken in a healthy way! Just my opinion
    Enough said

13. kctho

kctho Regular Member

Not the case of point here.