2016 Syed Modi Int.Badminton Championships : Qualifying-FINALS (26th-31st January)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Jan 25, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue : Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium, Lucknow-IND

Total prize-money : US$120,000

BWF page : http://bwfbadminton.com/events/2332/syed-modi-international-badminton-championships-2016

Tournamentsoftware link : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=89E5ADD3-26AA-43CE-8700-78358629CC2D

Live Streaming : - https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf
    - http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f
    - https://livestream.com/bwfbadminton

IND time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=6455&forma=Find Time

2015 WINNERS => https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/...C69424-0F56-4C3A-A382-C37ABF0090FF&d=20150125

MS - Parupalli Kashyap (IND)
    WS - Saina Nehwal (IND)
    MD - Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (DEN)
    WD - Amelia Alicia Anscelly/Soong Fie Cho (MAS)
    XD - Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili (INA)

The Grand Prix Gold tour is heading to Lucknow, many shuttlers have pulled out including WS top-seed and defending champion Saina Nehwal also Tommy Sugiarto (INA), Ihsan Mualana Mustofa (INA), Kenta Nishimoto (JPN), Chen Yufei (CHN), Karin Schannase (GER), Huang KX/Zheng SW (CHN), Ellis/Langridge (ENG), Careme/Labar (FRA), Ko SH/Kim HN (KOR), Zheng SW/Li YH (CHN), Durkin/Vislova (RUS), etc. as well.

Number one seed and local favourite Srikanth Kidambi has high motivation to end his title drought and reverse last year losing to fellow countryman Parupalli Kashyap. Ajay Jayaram, H.S. Prannoy who troubled some elite players last year will add home ammunition to challenge foreign threats like Wei Nan, Son Wan Ho and the unpredictable young echelons from Korea, Indonesia and China.

Second seed Sung Ji Hyun has chance to take revenge over home favourite P.V. Sindhu who succeeded to retain Malaysian Masters title couple of days ago. Strings of potential darkhorses may steal the show, Sayaka Sato, Yui Hashimoto, Kirsty Gilmour or even the underdog players could create upsets as badminton competition is growing tighter nowadays.

Two Danish bests, Boe/Mogensen and Conrad/Kolding alongside the Koreans Kim GJ/Kim SR and Ko SH/Shin BC who swallowed disappointment last week will be the frontrunner. Newly-crowned MAS Masters champion Gideon/Sukamuljo, Malaysian Koo KK/Tan BH and Goh VS/Tan WK, Indonesian #2 Pratama/Suwardi also Chinese youngsters Li JH/Liu YC enhance competitiveness in men’s doubles discipline.

Two Korean combinations, Chang YN/Jung KE will be the pair to beat in the absence of China and Japan leading ladies. Last year winner and runner-up, Anscelly/Soong FC and Vivian Hoo/Woon KW who didn’t shine last week may redeem their losing to present better performance in Lucknow. Gutta/Ponnappa, Matsuo/Naito, Go AR/Yoo HW and Stoeva sisters are another women’s doubles seeded pairs in the draw.

Indonesian number two, Jordan/Susanto manage the highest seeded pair as top-seed Ko SH/Kim HN have withdrawn. They start campaign to meet Korean Kim GJ/Shin SC and should make amends here after the unexpected first round losing last week and barring any upsets will take on Fuchs/Michels at quarterfinal. At top half draw, Choi SG/Eom HW, Chan PS/Goh LY and Alexander/Oktaviani are predicted to go further in this GP Gold and will contend final spot.

QUALIFICATION (09.00am local time, 6 court) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...E5ADD3-26AA-43CE-8700-78358629CC2D&d=20160126

Live TV coverage will be broadcasted on Saturday (semifinal) and Sunday (final).

2. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Finally, I see Goh Jin Wei (MAS, WS) playing in Qualification.
    I think she should get through Qualifiers and meet Fitriani (Indonesia) in Main R32.
    If she wins, she will likely meet Malaysia Master 2016 semi-finalist Yui Hashimoto.

3. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

hope goh jin wei can get through the qualifying rounds 1st.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Are you sure you are in the right thread? I do not see Goh Jin Wei in the Draws. This is the Syed Modi India Masters.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Hi Clely,

I saw Riky W/Richi Dili pair again? I did not see Debby/Praveen in the draw.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

9. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

T1.jpg .

#9 Jimmy_Goh, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  10. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

break time for goh jin wei, 11-10.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Goh jin wei did an excellent job to deny playing an extra set against more experienced Ruthvika Gadde..
    Ruth did well in g2 but of course she isn't in the league at all!!
    Guyz watch for Kartik Jindal I once saw him on DD sports in some Jr national championship (not sure when) he us quite agile then and I think he has only improved since that match. He managed to edge out his more celebrated Jr compatriot Chirag sen in a thrilling match! Let's see how many points can he earn tomorrow

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=115680]nilesh123[/MENTION]

Thank you so much for your information. Just checked the scores at my workplace and realised that what you say is correct. Goh Jin Wei won and will be playing in the first round tomorrow.

13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Satwik Sairaj played 4 qualification matches (2 XD and 2 MD) . That is quite exhausting for 15 years old. He won all the matches and entered main round in XD and MD categories. Remarkable . These are all great experience to this guy.

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah absolutely.. Plus for somebody who is so aggressive and plays always from the back court its a big deal.. I hope fatigue doesn't take a toll on him and he somehow manages to impress tomorrow as well

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Riya Mukherjee qualifies for tomorrow and will play PV Sindhu in R1.. Talk about cruel fate
    I remember last year she qualified and played SN in R1 I can never forget that match because of her weird top and shorts :D but she was actually good!
    now when SN isn't present in this tourney she crashes in PVS's bracket

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=115680]nilesh123[/MENTION]

Thank you so much for providing us with so much news about this tournament. Really appreciate it. Keep up the good job and keep updating us with news about this tournament.

By the way are you watching the matches live at the stadium this time? I am now still working so reading news that you have posted here will certainly keep me updated with this tournament. Thank you so much.

17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Why did Zheng Ziwei and Huang Kaixiang withdraw from MD???:crying::crying::crying: I wanted to see them beat Boe/Morganson in R2 :mad:

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Don't know why either. But I guess maybe Zheng Siwei wants to focus more for his XD events. I find Zheng Siwei a very complete and talented player. He is only 18 years old. He is a MS player who has been transformed to play in XD and MD. He is really talented. I think he is on the right track to become a successful player.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Yufei's name is withdrawn, there goes my much-awaited CYF vs Goh Jin Wei's clash of two up-and-coming juniors.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Don't forget he is also the reigning MD WJC so that's not the only reason. Maybe giving rest to his young legs