Angga Pratama / Ricky Karanda Suwardi

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Licin, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Angga Pratama / Ricky Karanda Suwardi started their journey as a pair since last year (CMIIW )and their highest achievement in 2014 is being a runner up in the Macau Open 2014 beaten by senior pair from Singapore, Chayut Triyachart / Danny Bawa Chrisnanta.

All England 2015 is their first Premier Superseries as a duo. They have beaten another strong pair from China which is a combination of a man with experience and a man with power, Cai Yun / Lu Kai in 3 tight sets, lasting almost 1 hour. Sadly, their journey ended at the next stage after being beaten by Denmark no.1 MD and 2012 Olympic Silver Medalist, Boe / Mogensen. They did join 2015 India open but beaten by Cai Yun / Lu Kai at the 2nd stage of the event in 3 tight sets.

Malaysia Putra Stadium was the next stop for them. Participating in 2015 Malaysia Open Super Series and making a surprise after beating KOR solid MD Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang in 3 tight games. Again, their advancement was being stopped by 2014 MD Bronze Medalist from Denmark, Boe / Mogensen, but this time it took 3 games to bury their dream to be 2015 Malaysia Open winner.

They are taking part in 2015 Singapore Open while i type this and creating a major upset in the MD department after beating World No.1 LYD/JJS in Quarter Final in just two games. What a win.

Below is their mini bio data.

Angga Pratama

Born : Jakarta, 5 December 1991
    Height : 180 Cm
    Handedness : Right

Ricky Karanda Suwardi
    Born : Cirebon, 21 January 1992
    Height : 180 Cm
    Handedness : Right

With Angga Pratama setting the bait in the front and Ricky Karanda 100% ready at the back. In my opinion, this duo have the elements needed to be a champion.

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

I'm a fan of Ricky Suwardi.

He is a player with great awareness on court and smart play. Of course he is quick as well but the placement of his shots and his returns are always so fascinating to watch. How he sets up his partner at the net and creates opportunities... he does this very well.

Does anyone know what racket he is using? Looks like Yonex Nanoray 900???

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    This looks like a really promising pair for indo. Both players complement each others game quite well and have pretty good understanding with each other depsite being a brand new pair. Hopefully it won't turn out to just be a new pair hype that everyibe doesn't know how to deal with yet as for rackets I believe both are on the NR900

4. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    After i watched their game versus hayakawa/endo, im not 100% agree with that, in that game ,ricky often stand infront of net while angga keep smashing in the rear court, so i think they are both all around player, both good at front and rear court..

5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    This new MD pair is great! After only playing together a short while they achieve results worthy of top players.

6. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Their smashes were super stiff angle. It will a great battle tomorrow

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes, i agree with you.Thats a good news , they are both all around player.They are both lethal in front and back.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I do not really notice that Ricky Karanda Suwardi is a great playmaker until 2015 Singapore open Semi.Thanks for sharing with us, Heong & okiazr.

Agree to what Ch1ko said. I am also quite afraid that this pair will be splitted up after a downhill results. Lets hope for the best. In my opinion, they both complement each other quite well, and having Ahsan/Hendra as a regular sparring partner would be beneficial for both of them.

Singapore Open Super Series 2015 reaching final stage as of tomorrow.Ricky/ Angga have made their way to the final by beating very hardworking pair from Japan, Endo / Hayakawa in a thrilling 3 tight games, taken the first set, having to lose second set after winning by huge margin in a deuce and finally taken the decider, what a great comeback.

They will be facing what i consider to be China best MD currently, Zhang Nan / Fu Hai Feng. It will be a valuable experience for them. Having Ahsan / Hendra to lose the semi in 3 tight games is a lost which in my opinion more worthy than winning.

Scheduled as the first match in the Finale, Zhang Nan will be fitter as he does not need to play the XD final and yet claim the trophy following Lu/ Huang walkover. I am really looking forward to watch the last match of the day, MD Final.Expecting three tight games while China still have slight advantage due to their experience. Whether, Angga/Ricky win or not, it does not matter since they have beaten the odds several times on their way and performed really well.

#8 Licin, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    What an excellent finish for Angga/Ricky. They have won 2015 Singapore Open Super Series by yet beating the odd, 21-15 ; 11-21 ; 21-14. They sent China Team home without Gold Medal in MD. Kudos to them.

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Both are using NR900. Same like Ahsan/Hendra.

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

This year they started at All-England, India, Malaysia, Singapore and now China Master. I hope they are still in high spirit to compete.

12. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    They are really fast footwork and their defend style so cook

13. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

Too bad that Angga / Ricky miss the shot for Dubai SS Final, even though they grabbed 1 SS title this year.
    Their first round lost in CHN SSP costed too much.

I wish that Angga / Ricky can still qualify to Rio OLY. However, it is tough task as second pair from CHN, KOR, DEN, and MAS compete tightly for top 8 position (even CHN and KOR have chance to put until 3 pairs in top 8 to deny second pair from other country).
    I think that Angga / Ricky should be in Macau this week, but they will not participate in it.

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Really? CHN pairs other than FHF/ZN the remaining are rubbish.

15. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

It seems that CHN have difficulty to find invincible pair after CY/FHF era, even though FHF/ZN (if I am not mistaken) just deliver one or two major title.
    But, my point here is to qualify in Olympics (not exactly about who to win golds)

LXL/QZH and CB/HW are possible to be in top 8 until Rio Olympics qualification period ends (even young CHN pair already sneak into top 15 right now)
    IMHO, with rule 2 max pair per country (if and only if both pairs are in top 8), MD event possesses hardest competition for Rio ticket.
    It reminds me on 2012, when reigning Beijing Olympics champions, Kido/Hendra failed to qualify to London just because of finishing in 9th or 10th ranking.

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Kido/Hendra did not qualify because Kido was simply too lazy to compete. Hendra was pissed.

17. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    gone off the boil since, the coach seemed to train the wrong style into them. There also seem low on confidence at the moment. Lossing their former partners (Ryan-Berry) is also worrying since Angga-Ricky was said to be the better ones at their former partnership.

18. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    The fight for Team Indo 2nd MD and the reserve pair for Thomas Cup 2016 begun between Angga Pratama/Ricky Suwardi (world no.10), Gideon Fernaldi/Kevin Sukamuljo (world no.16), Wahyu Nayaka/Ade Yusof (world no.21) and Berry Angriawan/Ryan Saputra (world no.21).

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

When is the selection going to be announced?

20. ipang_bam

ipang_bam Regular Member

Engineer, Badminton Coach
    Promising Young Player MD

Angga/Ricky is one of my fav pair MD, at their age I hope much victory tournament wins by them. Ricky has a magnificent smash angle and variation, So Angga very excellent at defense and smart player.
    Much experience in Super Series Tournament will helping this pair to be focus, consistency, emotional and being smart reading the game played.