2015 Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIAN Masters : Qualification to FINALS (1st-6th December)

Discussion in 'Scottish Open / YONEX RIO GP / Yonex Sunrise Indon' started by CLELY, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

GSH took the 1st game against Qiao Bin in 21-9...

2. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    K. Srikanth [1] India
    -
    Indonesia Saputra VICKY ANGGA
    21-14, 17-21, 0-3

K. Srikanth having some trouble against another INA Youngster at the moment. will it be another early exit for him?

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The off-form Srikanth battled hard to thwart local boy, 19 years old Vicky Angga Saputra, 21-14 / 17-21 / 25-23. Third round tough test for the top-seed as China back-up Qiao Bin will waiting him this evening.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I manage to watch all the MS matches at the four different courts live. So here I am with a true and honest assessment for all. Pardon me for saying that k. Srikanth performance has been on a slump and being a highly ranked player he has struggled even to win his match against a much younger Indonesian player Vicky.

Then for the second court match, ihsan maulana did a good job to win over ye Hongbing. Ihsan has proven that the Indonesian are certainly on a rise. He played so well today. Congratulations.

Then for court 3 Goh Soon Huat won the first game 21-9. However, he couldn't hold on the lead and lost the game to Qiao Bin. I must admit that both players really played well today.

At court 4 Soo Teck Zhi did an unexpected job to win over another Indonesian youngster who is very good too. This is really an unexpected win as the Indonesian youngster is really a good player. Anyway congratulations to Soo Teck Zhi for winning the match today.

#44 blabl, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  5. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    This Indonesian "youngster" is one year older than Teck Zhi and his defeat is not exactly "unexpected". Watched his matches several times... impressed I am not.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh wow. Indonesia youngsters are certainly on a rise. Yes the Indonesian MS players have improved so much. Wow so much. Compared to the Korea young MS l would be honest to say that Indonesian MS are more promising. I am saying this based on the tournament results. Bayu Pangistu did a great job yesterday to win over Jeon Hyeok Jin the Macau Open MS champion. Bayu didn't participate in the Macau Open. To be honest I have to say it that Indonesian MS youngsters have improved a lot. Even another young and promising Korean player Heo Kwang Hee also lost to Akbar Panji another good Indonesian MS young player. Now tough fight for Seo Seung Jae against another Indonesian youngster Mohammad Bayu but I am sure Bayu will win the match because he played much better.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest I am very sad to see how fast K. Srikanth has fallen. He is a great and good badminton player and certainly did a good job last year 2014. However beginning of this year until now his performance continues to be in a slump. He seems to lose in the first round of every super series tournament that he has participated. As a great fan of K. Srikanth I couldn't help it but say that he is suffering the same fate as Kenichi Tago the long ago hero.

To be honest I am quite curious to know the reason why he has fallen so fast. Even today when he played against a not so famous Indonesian youngster Vicky he also struggled to win over him. In the third round later, a tough opponent Qiao Bin is awaiting him. Even before the match has started I have already learn to accept the fact that he will never win the match based on his poor current performance.

So this leaves me with a lot of question mark. What is happening to him and the rest of the India MS players? Why are they not performing and winning a title in MS tournament? What us the main reason behind the slump? What causes it? Could it be because of lack of good training and coaching? All this have been playing in my mind but till today I still don't know that is the actual reason behind the slump of K. Srikanth and other India MS players.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I must really congratulate te Indonesian and Korean MS youngsters who have shown a lot of improvement in the tournaments that they have participated. To be honest comparing both countries I must admit that Indonesia certainly have more great and upcoming MS players compared to Korea.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hi Blabl,how did your idol Srikanth performed?

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest I was so sad today and nearly cried when I see Srikanth played today. He struggled to win over a young not so famous Indonesian MS youngster Vicky today. So can you at least let me know why k. Srikanth performance has been in a slump this year?

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Chinese junior Lin Guipu stole game 2, 24-22 in really close match and forced rubber games against home number one player, Tommy Sugiarto.

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Will KS win one single match in Dubai SSF???

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry to say this but I really doubt it. I am a great fan of K. Srikanth but his performance has been in a slump this year. Much as how I hate it, I must learn to accept the fate that he won't be able to win any match in Dubai Super Series final. He will be there just to heat up the seat and fill up the place that's all.

14. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu just won over Seo Seung Jae in 3 tight sets 19-21 : 21-17 : 21-13

Good job.

He will be up against Jonathan Christie in the R16.
    I hope Bayu can win this game and try to challenge Tommy or Sony in QF.

#54 fathonezic, Dec 2, 2015
  15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Tommy Sugiarto through to last sixteen, 21-12, a lopsided deciding game.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay with the lost of Seo Seung Jae today that marks the end of the Korea MS battle. Jeon Hyeok Jin lost his first round match yesterday. Heo Kwang Hee and Seo Seung Jae lost their second round match today. And all of them also lost to Indonesian MS. That is why I said the Indonesian MS have shown more improvement compared to Korea MS.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, he beat two Korean youngsters in a row.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yup and to add on to what you have said, he win over 2 great young Korean MS. So he certainly has a bright future. Congratulations Bayu.

19. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    Lin Guipu had given his all in the first 2 sets. Not way he could have beaten INA's best in Indonesia in his first attempt, unless he is another Yang2, who did that to Tommy's dad. Good attempt, anyway.

#59 Pirayeba67, Dec 2, 2015
  20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yang Yang is rare talent same with Lin Dan.