Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

As to the few lifts - I really didnt have a good day, and I know they have an explosive attack when they want to, so I tried not to give them many opportunities or at least no high lifts. Sadly, I made many mistakes on softer shots and the push games around the mid court where I'm usually stronger (or at least feel strong :D). I had no confidence in my defense that day and didnt dare lift to them (especially the guy in white), which I'd usually try when I notice that I make too many errors in the flat game.

As to the differences in defensive stances....you mean that their stance is lower, and that they lean forward more, right? Also I noticed the white-shirt-guy tends to take his right leg back quite a bit to accommodate the backhand defense that he favors (playing BH shots on the forehand side instead of switching to the forehand action, the right knee tends to get in the way of those shots if you have an even stance).
    Also, they're on a higher level athletically, which is mostly why my stance is usually closer to the net than theirs - I simply cant afford to go back much further without opening myself up to drop shots :( On the plus side, I'm slowly inching forward in my rehab/strength training routine, so maybe that difference will get smaller over the next couple of months :D

#2401 j4ckie, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I guess that one of them is [MENTION=120433]kintenka[/MENTION]! I bet it is the white guy. ;)

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Dont you know him personally? It seemed that way in a discussion we had about LYD and his smash.
    We also mentioned these two in a different thread. Iirc he talked about them in the 3rd person...which would be weird if he was one of them :D

Edit: found it. He's definitely not one of them :D

#2403 j4ckie, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Yes, that's what I was getting at.

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Was just a "Schuss ins Blaue". He talked about his Victor Sponsorship, so I thought that this guy might be him after you made your comment with his mentioning...:D He also mentioned that he uses JS10, so I was just guessing...but I missed the impressive thunderous sound which should be there after he stated his setup.:eek: "Asche über mein Haupt":rolleyes::(;)

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While these guys are Victor sponsored as well their tensions sound much tamer than that :D

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Men's doubles from one of Sunday's league matches. One of the better matches this season for me, and very fun to play. I like playing these two, since I enjoy their playstyle a lot more than playing very tactical, slow-paced opponents (even worse when they emphasize the service situation a lot).
    I you have any improvements for me, please comment! I know my stance is high, though. I'm working on it! ;)

[video=youtube;10KdOLdXGsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10KdOLdXGsI[/video]

8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Glad to see your legs are better and your smash looks faster!

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's a work in progress. But my knee appears to be getting better constantly, and my squats get less embarrassing as well :D

PS: Really like the shot ending the 23:06 rally. One of my favorites.....have to thank Peter Gade for that, his was the first I've seen of these :D
    Most surprising rally: 8:47 :D

#2409 j4ckie, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  10. B-J-R

B-J-R Regular Member

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Nice Video.:) Decent play, but it would also be interesting when, where and why you lost rallies instead just of the rallies where you shine and make the point.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Took me a while to watch since I had to unblock it first :D Pretty fun to watch, and nicely edited - certainly more effort in there than I ever spend on my videos :D
    A little hint, you may want to watch your serve. You tend to serve very high, and after 2-3 irritating serves 90% of players in our league would ask you to serve lower and/or request a judge...
    What age bracket do you play in? The level of play varies quite a bit, some opponents look like they just started playing and some show potential....it's a bit hard to judge some of them when you're only showing rallies you win :D
    Nice video, keep up the good work ;)

13. B-J-R

B-J-R Regular Member

That video was mostly Under-19 age tournaments, some in my home province(plastic shuttles) and some on the National circuit(feather).
    My serve is different now than in the video, I shall post a game from my upcoming tournament.

14. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

Hey all, Been a bit awol for a while, badminton's taken a bit of a back seat. (Random injuries, working away etc).

B-J-R, great player. That's how i've always wanted to play singles, unfortunately i've got about a set of that intensity then i collapse. Doubles is much better anyway ;)

J4ckie, been enjoying watching your vid as ever, power and movement look better than last time i watched (ICR now). I think your a lot more solid hitting when the shuttles lifted to you now too. These guys seem so content to just do that, maybe playing to their strength a bit.

Noticed something that may help/ be a focus for you.
    Basically with midcourt pushes when you are returning them- I've noticed you can become quite predictable and leave it later than you should. Quite a few times he got a soft drive/ push then killed it at the net. Or you make an unforced error because you're trying to force a shot that's higher risk(12:45) (25:45). Sometimes you got out of it, against more consistent opponents that maybe wouldn't be the case.

Hope to be putting up some videos. as we have league games on quite frequently at the moment (sitting 2nd in player rankings at the moment somehow :eek:.)

15. Suchir

Suchir Regular Member

playing badminton
    Guys my youtube channel is suchir otturu I have 7 videos plz check them out

16. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Do you want some tips/advice?

17. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

18. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Hey guys,

Been at uni for the past 3 months, felt like I haven't been playing to my best ability. Had a tournament on the 27th, these are the videos I took.
    I'm the one in the Orange top
    [video=youtube;pm1lxKDc-64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1lxKDc-64[/video]
    [video=youtube;DVrP9RyiqBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVrP9RyiqBI[/video]
    [video=youtube;D2XJ-VdPSeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2XJ-VdPSeQ[/video]

19. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Yes, I would say the performances are not as good as some of your later vids. The first half of the first one here is especially below par looking at your smashes and drops. Smashes very flat - shoulder level in some cases!

I take it you don't play much with your partner? If you had been playing to your best and partnering someone playing similarly then you should have won all of these games to 10.

20. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

No, even at Uni. I dont have a partner that I play with all the time so I keep having to adapt to different partners and playing styles.