BWF World Junior Championships 2015

Discussion in '2015 Tournaments' started by Loh, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Congrats to MAS for such a fine performance by her two young ladies, one of whom will be crowned World Junior Champion, confirmed by one BC member as.being the first for MAS.

Goh Jun Wei will likely take the honour..

And India's Siril will also have a chance ro join Jun Wei as "the first".

What a remarkable tournament when mighty China's hot singles youngsters couldn't even make it to the semis.

So too was Indonesia, whose singles favourite, Firman #1, and their doubles teams were eliminated earlier.

The Japanese were the 'non-China' most outstanding team enroute to the semis but quite unexpectedly, all of them lost their matches and no Japanese will feature in the finals.

But still China remains very strong and will continue to be so for many years to come.

The junior champions have to prove their worth in the senior ranks and it will not be easy as past experience has shown.

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, what a big surprise tournament!

Absolutely yes, Japan dominated last three editions to win GS title with Okuhara and Yamaguchi. Previously, Intanon (3), Nehwal, Wang Lin, Wang YH.

Congratulations, new hope is rising for MAS WS :)

In boy's singles, Lu Chia Hung v Siril Verma, TPE junior is favoured to win gold medal.
    Title holder Lin Guipu and top-seed Firman Abdul Kholik didn't meet the expectation, even failed to grab any medal here.

China junior shuttlers has been crumbled in singles category but they have secured 2 title through XD & GD and may scoop all doubles crown as their boy's doubles has bright chance to realize it.

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

No one would have expected two Malaysian WS in final. Crazy.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Congratulations to the Malaysian WS for reaching the finals. I felt as if I am dreaming. I manage to watch both some of the junior players performance life. I must admit that some of them perform superbly well beyond expectations. Sorry but I have to say this. Nobody would have predicted that Malaysia will have any representatives in the final. Not me. But here I am proven to be wrong.

I manage to watch both the matches of the WS live and I must say I am truly amazed by the performance of Goh Jin Wei and Lee Ying Ying. They have defy the odds to beat the Japanese WS in the semi finals. Right before the matches started my friends and I joke about saying who will win the WS title. I said Goh Jin Wei and my friend said I must be joking because the Japanese WS are the hot favourites to win the title. After that I said right the Japanese WS will win the title and the runner up will also be from Japan. But then all of us are proven to be wrong.

My friend shared to me the secret behind the Malaysian WS success. They go through very strenuous training and under the guidance of good coaches. No wonder they can win. To win the WS junior title is never easy. My friend said that Goh Jin Wei has a very bright future because she has even won senior titles before even when she participated in senior tournaments at the age of 15. Wow amazing.

I also managed to watch the MS semi finals matches live and I must admit that both Lu Chia Hong and Siril Verma played very well in both the semi finals. Both played beyond expectations to win. Everyone is talking about koki Watanabe as the hot favourite to win the MS title but here we are all proven wrong again.

So all in congratulations to all the junior players who played so well to enter the finals. May the best player win today.

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    exciting times ahead for WS. There is a discussion that WS is now the discipline to watch in international badminton because of the sheer diversity of good players. I agree.

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

I wonder if the finals will be shown on astro

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

if show on astro, that time we are still sleeping...

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks
    china maybe need to suffer in ws for let say a decade from where i can seeXD.

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oh my my I was away from badminton just for 26 hrs and to my surprise so many unexpected results.. Siril you are extremely good boy we are all proud of you!!
    Also heartiest congrats to both the Mas GS players both of them are enjoying a fab week in Lima both of them are champs regardless today's result..
    Congrats to the Den duo yesterday was an exceptionally well match for them..
    What was India's best record in MS earlier? Also is it possible that any of SS channels broadcasting the finale?

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    You can spare your sleep for half an hour to witness such an incredible event.. Can't you?

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    We have had 4 BS bronzes. Guru, Prannoy, Praneeeth and Sameer.
    In GS we have 2 silver. Aparna and Saina and 1 Gold. Saina.

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Siril lost 8 and 14 to today's opponent at the BAC juniors this year. 4th round. Tough task ahead.

13. tayarpancit

tayarpancit Regular Member

congrats to goh jin wei..:cool:

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    It's 4 am in the morning here in India. Unlike [MENTION=121556]blabl[/MENTION] I can't even follow the match on TV. But totally pumped for Siril. One game done. Way to go boy. Keep up the great work.

15. Signature

Signature Regular Member

Siril sandbagging game 2 :confused:

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Wow over in Flash's flash, game 2. Come on Siril. You will do it.

17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Not happening :-(

18. efslin

efslin Regular Member

Siril seems to run out of gas after the first game. Lu plays like Chou Tien Chen and that's why he can fight his way over attacking players like Lin Guipu and Siril in three games.

#278 efslin, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Congrats Taipei and TY Siril. Look forward to watching u in action

20. tayarpancit

tayarpancit Regular Member

siril no more gas to play rubber set..