Thaihot CHINA Open 2015 - DRAW

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 20, 2015.

1. gaara

gaara Regular Member

At this stage of her career, I don't think she can improve much. If you've seen her play lately, her movements and shot selections have regressed big time. With the way she's going, it'll be no surprise if she takes an early retirement call. I've been playing badminton since my childhood days, I know when a player is struggling.

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Saina went through different patches during her career. Two years ago she was very slow and did not do anything worth celebrating, she appeared like a spent force. Last year she got her speed back, and the results followed. Then she seems to slow down a little.
    I think this is normal. Only exceptional players don't have those high and low periods. It is difficult to understand I guess if one use his "play since a child" point of view.

#62 renbo, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

My god! where were you in 2011-12? LXR was kicking everybody's ass all around, she was just the too obvious choice!

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So true.

And for anybody to say K Srikanth is always better than Tian Houwei is to fly in the face of reality, their H2H 4-0 in favour of THW all within this year speaks volumes of who is better; one or two losses spread far between may be an aberration but not 4 losses in the last one year.

While Saina may be definitely better than WSX for a brief period of time, that is no longer the case now, WSX has recently surpassed Saina - as a matter of fact, their H2H is 7-0 to WSX, with WSX winning twice in as many meetings this year, 3-2 to WSX last year, 1-1 in 2013, 0-2 to Saina in 2012 during which as we know WSX was in the doldrums, and honours was split 1-1 in 2010 (no encounters in 2011).

I'm afraid Fan123 sometimes do express tendentious views and apparently are in denial with regard to WSX and THW.

5. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    Saina is no more in her form.....i think she has achived partially in badminton.....so she is no more in her hungry form now.....also as her age concern....well she is against sun in r1....this will decide her form.
    Look at marin....she is in superb form.....i think no one ll stop her as of now....surely she has chance of winning olympics gold......i wish Akane should achieve this time.....we will see.....

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Dear All

Before anybody else replies, let's try to keep the thread on topic.

Thanks in advance

Mod

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I want to see how far Saina has recovered from her injury now. First round, she has to meet tall Sun yu . Hope she move as freely as she was in All England when she outplayed Sun Yu in semifinals. Let's hope for the best. But this is the best opportunity for Sun Yu to defeat Saina.

Better the organisers keep this match on TV court. So that players can get atleast an opportunity to challenge line calls.

Again, Srikanth is slated to meet Tian Houwei in round two if both of them clears the first round. (The discussions in the previous posts about who is better does not counts in this regard. Because Srikanth has got something to put in his resume than Tian. Just my 2cents)

It's nice to see Kenichi tago getting free entry into the main round. Will he utilise this opportunity?

#67 Baddyforall, Nov 9, 2015
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So do Tommy Sugiarto (twice), Son Wan Ho, Viktor Axelsen (twice), J O Jorgensen (twice),Chou Tien Chen, H S Prannoy - all of them against Lin Dan when he wasn't injured or just back from injury. No big deal, no longer great news. Even their bragging rights have lost much of its value, unlike in the past when Vincent Wong Wing Ki (in 2011), Park Sung Hwan (a few times before 2012), Sho Sasaki (in 2011), just to name a few, achieved it against the odds though rare defeats once in a blue moon are not uncommon (on off days) but they still carry more weight than now. Put things in perspective.

9. gaara

gaara Regular Member

KS maybe going through a lean patch at the moment, but he's still a defending champion. As an underdog, beating LD in the finals, and that too at his home ground is no small feat. He showed the world how to tame someone like LD, unlike other players who were getting hammered till that point. You can even say the match with the KS is the triggering point for the beginning of end for LD. After that match, LD was never the same.

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Heard that one before twice or thrice in 2013. :) Is this an internet thing now like the Chuck Norris facts? She is JUST a 25 year old kid for God's sake and has DEFEATED multiple injuries and mental blocks before. She might be nowhere near LXR, WYH or CM in quality, but trust me RI and AY have no biz losing to her consistently either. The fact that they do speaks volumes about this girl. I will be surprised if Saina doesn't win a medal at Rio and I guess so would you be.

#70 Fan123, Nov 9, 2015
  11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Yet she was only world number 4 on cutoff day

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    By your logic Wawrinka and even Fognini are better than Rafa Nadal

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Maybe, but that's totally unintentional. It's just that I find half a dozen WS players qualitatively better. Although she tops my list in the looks department among active pros, ahead of the Australian semi-amateur who supposedly looks like a Jenner and has multiple fans here.

14. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student

Difficult to understand your blog.....plz make it clear.

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    It was a reply to [MENTION=122002]gaara[/MENTION] 's comment.

16. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    k.....but do you think CM is better than saina?

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

An injured Lin Dan ? Lin Dan was never the same again because of that defeat, because of who ? What about the rest who later inflicted even more convincing defeats on an uninjured Lin Dan? What honours or credits should they claim or be entitled to ? I'm not even bringing in or reminding everyone there are Chen Long and Lee CW around - I mean anybody who can really beat 'the' Lin Dan and yet constantly finds Chen Long and Lee CW out of their depths are... at best... just anomalies. I don't hear fans of VA, CTC, JOJ, SWH, TS, or even HSP, trumpeting their no mean feats to the same extent. Btw, I'm suddenly reminded of P Kashyap's and Tian HW's defeats on Chen Long this year, not to mention Heo Kwang Hee's humiliating shock on LCW at the qualification stage of the Korea Open SS in September.

Remember when Tian Houwei beat the still redoubtable but perhaps a bit off-colour LCW at the AUS Open 2013, there was immediately a flurry of animated discussions about his 'phenomenal' feat. Would anybody hint that defeat by THW marked the beginning of LCW's decline ? And then what happened to THW after that and till now ? Can we say he is still going through a lean patch ?

Don't get me wrong.My purpose is not so much to belittle or be dismissive of those unusual defeats the aforementioned players inflicted on LD, but more to put them into perspective without reading too much into things. As it is, as we know, only Chen Long proved his worth by beating LCW not only once but consistently to accomplish great achievements, not forgetting he also beat LD twice this year, at the MAS Open and the All England.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Only? In so short a time, and in the second year of her international career on the senior stage. LXR's trajectory then was almost linear, one straight line up to eventually conquer the peak, achieving in one year what most others take a lifetime to do and not get anywhere near it.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I guess some of us can't wait for the CHN Open proper to start. All this exchanges are just the appetizer to kill time.:D

20. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    so true.....i wish LXR should get her form back.....then only my wish get fullfilled(yes,the noise pollution should destroyed)......