Thaihot CHINA Open 2015 - DRAW

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 20, 2015.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As its said beggars have no choices unless they break into elite 8 they'll keep on getting these established pairs in R1 and R2 although I believe they have improved a QF finish is still a luxurious rare event

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

MAS players route predictions (where they gonna end according to the draw) in China Open:

I believe LCW can make it to SF and face his old nemesis LD, unless LCW sudden defeat by CTC (R16) or JOJ (QF)...

3. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    i think very difficult for saina and srikanth to defend their title here.....

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yes.. Intact we even shouldn't think about it.. KS current form is a menace also SN maygo as high as SF or even emerge to be RU but defending is something out of the box

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't forget,most CHN players tend to feel extra pressure on home soil, so anything can happen.

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

summore have to know most of the chinese people in home soil no support badminton, they likely get "paid" and "forced" to go to the stadium and support their fellow chinese players there...

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    What about non-chinese player Justin :p ???
    Thanks for the free lifetime ammo. Lol.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Non-CHN players' pressure comes mostly from the fact that many of them have bad memories of being stunned by relative unknown CHN players coming from nowhere to knock them cold in the early rounds. But that's in the past, no longer holds true recently. Who are the defending MS and WS champions now ?

Btw, when I said most CHN players felt that way, there's evidence of it as reported in certain articles I've come across where several CHN players openly expressed the extra stress they were under to perform well in front of their home crowd on home ground and that they prefer to compete overseas as a result. The CHN players are generally unlike the Koreans and Japanese who are known to thrive on home support, basically.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I don't know what to make of your outlandish claim, unless you've any solid evidence to back it up. How is it different from other host nations KOR, JPN, MAS, INA, IND, etc ? When the crowd turnout is poor on certain days , it's not uncommon for the organizer to give concessionary tickets, discounted fares or even free admission to say, school children, for example, to fill up part of the spectator stands, esp during weekday office/working hours, a normal practice.

As for the ever-present fans, supporters and cheer-leading team, isn't that a standard feature everywhere, regardless whether the tournament is held locally or overseas ?

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Seriously mate, I adore your composure. But now that you have provided me with cannon fodder, I sure will be using it from time to time. :p
    Hope you DO mind atleast once, but knowing you, I know I will be disappointed every single time bud. Lol.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Agreed. And on weekdays, school kids are given concessions or free passes everywhere if the turnout is low.

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yes I relate to you with very lil people ready to spend their hard earned money to watch Badminton which is just emerging IBA do take such steps

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Free passes for school kids are given for all events. Cricket, football, tennis everything.

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Although during the HYD WC 2009 and TUC Delhi 2014 some people were turned away due to high prices.

15. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    What's wrong with you? Badminton may not be the most popular sport in China, but the sheer size of its population will ensure that there will be enough spectators especially when they are good in it and the people are now quite well to do. The Chinese are sports-loving. I dare say that even if they are to hold a Kabadi or Sepak Takraw competition there will still be enough spectators attending, at least out of curiosity if not anything else. The " rent-a-crowd" thing may be popular in certain countries, especially when it comes to street demonstrations, but as far as China is concerned it is not necessary for them to rent a crowd for Badminton.

#55 Pirayeba67, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Omg that's a news for me.. I mean I know TUC Delhi happened in 2014 badminton has enormously became popular also Ind UC were about to win their first medal.. But Hyd WC that's a shock

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Of course for football and tennis.. I found more CZE Republicans than Indians during Davis cup this year.. Such a shame!! But not cricket I am a school student and it has already happened twice with me that I had to returned home in rage.. Also we(my school friends) went to IPl several times haven't heard about free passes.. Maybe at lower tourney/series plz do inform me next time I would be more than obliged to go if its in west

18. gaara

gaara Regular Member

An interesting draw this is. The Big 3 can avoid eachother till semis. As for Indian players, I don't have much hope for Saina and Srikanth. They are just too inconsistent players. I've lost interest in them. Good luck to AJ, HSP and PVS.

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Saina is the most consistent Indian Champion player since Padukones retirement. She might not be as consistent as Kashyap or all the others who consistently lose in R1 or R2, but she has been a regular presence in QFs and SFs since 2008, barring a few outlying results.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ second that..
    Yes her performance's graph took wild swings after consistent 1st quarter of the year..but have faith in her.. She'll soon be featured in Sunday's final