Bitburger Open GP Gold 2015 : Qualifying-FINAL (27th October-1st November 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex French Badminton Open / Bitburger Badminton ' started by CLELY, Oct 26, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Tough fight now at both the matches for court 1 and 2.

2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Is Marc Z injured? I just started watching.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

At court 2 the XD match have just ended with Robert/ nadiezda winning over Niña / Vitalij 21-18 21-16. Both pairs out up a good fight and finally it was Robert and his partner who won the match.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Mark is not injured but he is too tired to play on. To summarise it is stamina issues.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am going to comment s little but about this match since both my idols are playing. Vincent Wong Wing Ki won the match against Marc Zwiebler 18-21 21-12 21-11. I asked myself this question repeatedly. Who is Vincent Wong Wing Ki? He is unranked player of course. But then look St his performance. Superb. And Gillian Clark said this is the first time Vincent Wong Wing Ki will be playing in the finals. Amazing and unbelievable. Imagine Vincent Wong Wing Ki is without a coach here. But then Marc had 2 coaches to guide him. wow. Vincent Wong Wing Ki celebrated in happiness after the game is over. But then who will not since this is such a historic win. Congratulations to my idol Vincent Wong Wing Ki. Now I am very sure that the MS final will be a match of Vincent versus Angus. Congratulations.

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

OMG. Ivanov's smash directly punched Hirata's racket and struck in the racket itself. High voltage. !

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

And the MD match have finally ended with Vladimir Ivanov / Ivan Sozonov winning over Noriyasu Hirata / Hirokatsu Hashimoto 21-18 21-11. Amazing and unbelievable. The Russian pair really played very well smashing and attacking all the way to win. wow amazing. It is not easy to win over a Japanese MD as Japan have a lot of good players. Wow congratulations to the Russian MD for winning the match today.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The match at court 1 has finally ended with Chris Adcock / Gabrielle Adcock winning over Jacco Arends / Selena Piek 21-14 21-13. From the beginning of the match the both the England XD played very well smashing and attacking all the way to win. Congratulations.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The match at court 1 has finally ended with a big win to Angus Ng Ka Long over Rajiv Ouseph 21-16 18-21 21-18. Wow amazing win. Angus played so well today. He smashed and attacked all the way to win. Congratulations.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow the match at court 1 has finally ended with a win to Mads Pieler Kolding / Mads Conrad Petersen over Keigo Sonoda / Takeshi Kamura 21-16 16-21 21-17. What it was such a tough fought match. Throughout the whole match the Danish pair were in total control of the game. They smashed and attacked all with to win the game. Both the Danish were so tell send they used their height to the greatest advantage to eon the game. Both the Danish pair kept smashing down to the court and the Japanese MD were left with no answers as they couldn't return the shuttle. Smack down smashes by the Danish pairs were so effective. As both the Malaysian Japanese and Danish pairs were my idols I have decided to stay up till late wee morning hours to watch this match. Not bad. Gosh it is already nearly 4 am already at my place here. No wonder I felt so sleepy. Congratulations to the winners.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

As I was watching the match online I found some unkind words online or foul words online. One Danish supporter said f*** Japan. Oh dear me. Then throughout the whole tournament from match 1 till match 5 there were also some unkind or foul remarks too. The remarks go like this suck my ****, f*** you etc... too many foul languages used.

Luckily there was a nice person posting this remark online.
    hhli1 this is a international sport, those who have a narrow mind, stay home and save us from those ridiculous comments . good game that was, good fight from both sides.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Schedule of the play for tomorrow are as follows.

Order of play of Sunday, November 1, 2015

Time Draw Score Duration

Saarlandhalle - court 1 - TV

1. Starting at 2:00 PM WD
    Poon Lok Yan / Tse Ying Suet Hong Kong versus China Tang Yuanting / Yu Yang

2. Followed by MS
    Ng Ka Long Angus Hong Kong versus Hong Kong Wong Wing Ki Vincent

3. Followed by XD
    Chris Adcock / Gabrielle Adcock England versus Poland Robert Mateusiak / Nadiezda Zieba

4. Followed by WS
    Busanan Ongbamrungphan Thailand versus Japan Akane Yamaguchi

5. Followed by MD
    Mads Conrad-Petersen / Mads Pieler Kolding Denmark versus Russia Vladimir Ivanov / Ivan Sozonov

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Greatest ever upset created today for MS final

MS final will be

Vincent Wong Wing Ki

Versus

Angus Ng Ka Long

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest and frank too many upsets have been created in this tournament and countless of upsets too. So far for this tournament the best performing country has to be Hong Kong.

Players who qualified to play in the finals according to country.

1. Hong Kong- 3 players.

2. China, England, Poland, Thailand, Japan, Denmark and Russia- 1 player each.

Wow so amazing. this is the first time ever for Hong Kong MS and also WD to enter the finals.

As a conclusion Hong Kong will definitely be the best performing country because they are already secured of a gold and silver medal from the MS department. Wow congratulations. The rest of the other 7 countries only have a chance to win 1 gold medal but Hong Kong have a chance to win maybe 2 gold medals. Way to go man.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Throughout the whole MD last match of the day I realised that both the Japanese MD wasted so much energy by shouting out aloud throughout the whole game. I can conclude that their shout are really as loud as Carolina Marin. I think the Japanese MD should have reserved more energy instead of shouting all the way that makes them lose so much of energy. By the time the game dragged on to the third set the Japanese MD were already too tired to play.

The Danish MD on the other hand played a smarter game. Both of them used their height to the greatest advantage to win the game. Congratulations. This will be the Danish pair second finals in a row. Way to go man. With such a tall height advantage I believe both of this Danish MD can really go far to win in all the tournaments they participate. Congratulations.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    wow. Hong Kong is having a field day. bagged the MS already, and in the WD final, though with just a slim chance of winning.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Oh, yes sorry my mistake, thanks for your correction :)

Yup, none could predict that two HKG MS will meet each other in final.

FINALS (02.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...24B11B-7C9E-450D-84D5-48D8A5105EF5&d=20151101

A sad ending for home fans as their last man standing Marc Zwiebler coudn't go further, lost rubber games to Wong WK. It's high possible that 5 title will be pocketed by 5 different nation, HKG has secured MS title and on paper scenario it's slim chance to add more as their WD will up against Chinese pair but nothing is impossible in sport.

WD, Poon Lok Yan/Tse Ying Suet (HKG) v Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang (CHN)
    Head-to-head stats : 0-0
    As predicted earlier, China sole representative Tang/Yu cruises into last round and is favourite to clinch WD title. This pair had hinted pretty good achievement so far, to crown IND SS last year and played important role in Sudirman Cup semifinal and we'll see whether this pair is permanent or temporary pair. Poon/Tse isn't pushover combination, they had won top tier tournament back to 2012 Japan Open SS, so no surprise they could disposed higher-ranked Malaysian pair Vivian Hoo/Woon KW yesterday.

MS, Angus Ng Ka Long (HKG) v Vincent Wong Wing Ki (HKG)
    H-2-H : 0-1
    All Hong Kong final affair, an unprecedented occasion and both of them played their best badminton here to knock out more favoured rival en route to last round. Angus Ng stunned some higher-ranked MS en route to his first ever GP Gold final like Tangongsak, Ouseph and the most outstanding is top-seed and defending champion Chou TC at last eight. For Vincent Wong WK, this is second time to book final spot as he's beaten finalist at Macau Open 2014, the toughest clash for him happened at last two rounds against dangerous TPE youngster Wang TW and home favourite Zwiebler.

XD, Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock (ENG) v Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Zieba (POL)
    H-2-H : 2-1
    What a convincing style by the comeback Polish pair as they never drop any game until finale including when they disposed second seed Jordan/Susanto at last eight and absolutely will pose serious threat for first seed English married couple. Both pairs had tasted Superseries crown, Adcock/Adcock won their maiden SS title in HKG Open 2013 while Mateusiak/Zieba nailed the top-prize in INA SS 2010.

WS, Busanan Ongbumrungpan (THA) v Akane Yamaguchi (JPN)
    H-2-H : 1-3
    The rivalry between these two bright teens started from junior stage and continues at senior level. Yamaguchi played brilliantly to outclass former world champion Intanon yesterday while Busanan showed really strong determination and fighting spirit when she turned the tables against recent JPN SS winner Okuhara at last eight. According to head to head statistics and last meeting match the Japanese starlet has advantage to clinch GP Gold title here, Busanan needs something extraordinary performance to beat her more skillful opponent.

MD, Mads Conrad-Petersen/Mads Pieler Kolding (DEN) v Vladimir Ivanov/Ivan Sozonov (RUS)
    H-2-H : 4-1
    A rematch of GER Open GP Gold early this year and it coincidentally happen once again in Germany. Last match of final day is going to the script as the top two seeded meet at last round and expected to be interesting encounter. Conrad/Kolding is struggling at two previous stage to defeat their teammate and Japanese #2 Kamura/Sonoda while Ivanov/Sozonov has comfortable passage to enter finale. The world #8 Danish pair is favoured to bag another GP Gold title in this year and affirm their status as one of elite MD.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Vincent Wong Wing Ki was also a finalist at Canadian Open right?

19. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    No, that was Ng Ka Long.

20. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    uploadfromtaptalk1446371214373.jpg

From the Marc zwiebler match against Wong Wing Ki Vincent