Yonex FRENCH Open Superseries 2015 : SEMIFINALS (24th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex French Badminton Open / Bitburger Badminton ' started by CLELY, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    the 2nd ?
    and who is the #1 ?
    Rudi Hartono ?

the man who affraid to challenge oldies like Hou and Tang who nearly retire ???

if Rudi is #1, and what about Tang and Hou ???

and I already said it before, among 10 - 11 events in that period, Rudi failed to win 5 - 6 of them.
    the greatest ? absolutely not.

#481 Fortune, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    it is the contrary in the case of 8 time AE champion Rudy Hartono.
    Rudi was affraid to Tang and Hou, plus the other China MS...over and over...start from Teheran 1974, Bangkok 1978, and Singapore 1980.

the only duel with China MS against Luan Jin (?) at Thomas 1982, he lost in 3 sets.

3. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    25 - 9 is not close my friend.

London Olympics ?
    so close in the third ?
    not really if the linejudge made a correct call (LCW shot was OUT but was given IN) just after the interval.

it should be 12 - 9 instead of 11 - 10 for LD.
    guess the difference.

4. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    WC 11 very very close because LCW was help with the schedule, where his opponent start from QF, SF and Final (Cordon, Chen Jin, Lin Dan) only rest from 17 - 18 hrs while LCW had an extra 5 - 6 hours.

75 mins against gade and then rest for only 18 hours for the final against the on fire LCW, yet, LD win the world title :p

it won't be so close if LD also rest for the same time with LCW

5. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    not really.
    even before LD rise as top player, TH only manage to win 2 titles per year, 3 titles only in 2004.

CL ?
    London 11 and 12, Guangzhou 13...CL failed to win any major even when he is already mature.

VA ?
    now LD already 32, yet he is ranked higher than VA.

at the same age with VA, LD already world #1...non stop from Feb 2004 to Jun 2006

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    yeah yeah.
    this is really funny.
    I still remember the same logic when Susi fans claiming that the LLW and HAP era was weak just because LLW and HAP dominates most of the time.

they claim Susi era was better in term of competition because there are more winner compare to LLW and HAP era.
    wow.
    where is the logic ?

LLW and HAP dominate the world because they are really special, the greatest WS #1 and #2 in history.
    even Susi cannot win a single title in this era

Susi era has more winner because Susi was not as strong as the duo.

Gong Zhichao rise as world #2 and then world #1 ...surpassing more experinced player likes Ye Zhaoying, Wang Chen, Han Jingna and others and others include Susi, plus more H2H against many player include Susi...is the proof that this era really weak actually.

the same goes with MS era.
    2015 era was better than previous era...but what Chen Long can achieve in LD and LCW era ?

world #1 ?
    major title ?
    how many SS / SSP titles that CL won in previous era ?

even when LD and LCW already 30 and 31 y.o., they still dominate the competition last year at SS level...together with Simon Santoso.

from 2014 Korea SS to Denmark (before LCW got doping issue)...LD, LCW and Simon won 6 SS titles while MS from this era only 3 titles. :p

#486 Fortune, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

LD era vs CL era

King aka Best Player in Prime
    LD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CL

2nd Best Player
    LCW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JOJ

3rd Best Player
    Taufik>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Momota

4th Best Player
    Gade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VA.

Case Solved....hehe.......

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

CHEN LONG despite being the 'World Champion' aka Best Player was schooled by Lin Dan,a 31 year old(lol) in 2014..........

Chen LONG cost some team trophies to China in 2014 iirc......

How come VA is being mentioned in the same breathe as LD is beyond me

This guy hasn't even won a SS FFS.....

9. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

[MENTION=98683]Fortune[/MENTION]: Your previous posts perfectly demonstrate my point made earlier about a very little percentage of extreme LD/China fans and expose the origin of the word fan very well.

Despite LD winning the Olympics 2012 against LCW you are still not able to admit that it was a close game (which is regarded by many as one of the best MS matches ever) and argue by bringing up dubious line calls or even bad scheduling (in case of the WC11).

But I guess it's people like you that write "LCW should just accept a defeat and not blame others" when his coach and fans complained about LYB turning off the air con in the WC 2013 held in China, which led to LCW having to retire.

It's interesting that you should bring up easier scheduling for LCW at the WC11, whilst players from China are giving walkovers to their team mates time and time again or playing "fixed matches" to make sure their peers are well rested for the next rounds. You clearly have some double standards here.

The analogy to religion from another poster is quite fitting. Arguing with these kind of fans is like debating evolution with creationists - a waste of time - and I have no interest in prolonging this conversation; no hard feelings.

10. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    I think it is you that are not able to admit the fact in OLY 12 final :)

admit it, LCW was help by the linejudge to shorten the gap with LD.
    if it is 12 - 9, then it is almost game over for LCW

and you say luck is on LD's side, even LD got all his point by luck hahaha...
    what to say about this ?

dubious line call...luck or not for LD ? :p

you are talking about WC 11, so I give you the clear picture of what was happened during that event...we are not talking about match fixing / walkover.

AFAIK, during WC 11 and OLY 12, only 2 or 3 matches contesting China vs China, so I think it is not rellevant to discuss it here...also, it has nothing to do with LCW outcome in the major event in that year.

we can start from here :

match #1 : LCW vs PSH
    match #10 : Cordon vs Abian wow :p

https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...63A742-DF5A-44B0-8253-B53004FAEB4D&d=20110811

you can check the schedule involving LCW and CJ in QF, plus LCW and LD in SF, and surely the final match where LCW vs LD as match #2...not enough rest for LD :p

#490 Fortune, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The WC2013 aircon issue has been well and amply debated and argued in the relevant thread where I believe all that is needed has been said. It's not like when the aircon went off (until today nobody knows who gave the order and why, though somebody once said there was an energy-saving practice across the country to have it switched off 30 mins or so before the scheduled closing time without taking into account any overrun ; another theory went that players including LCW were complaining about the excessive drift in the hall in earlier rounds leading to the organizer turning off part of the aircon) only one side is affected by it such that you can planned for it to benefit one player and not the other. Btw, it was not the aircon being completely switched off, only partially, which was not sufficient to cater for the sudden upsurge of spectators to catch the LD - LCW final.

More importantly, LCW himself, didn't want to pursue the matter despite BAM declaring they would lodge a complaint to BWF. IMHO, to continue harping on the aircon issue would only make LCW look bad. No point raking up the past,esp when it would only serve to make LCW appear a sore loser, unintentionally. The fact of the matter is LCW conceded the match when his leg cramped while trailing by 2 pts or so. Why argue for argument's sake? I won't want to be drawn into it.

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    [MENTION=102521]Rob3rt[/MENTION] When it comes to the GOAT debate, there is one particular poster, I always tend to avoid engaging. And the part in bold seems a good analogy why.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    What I recalled was that China was not a member of the then IBF (now BWF) and Chinese players were thus barred from participating in IBF sanctioned tournaments. China was considered a communist country and Western nations somehow shunned communism at that time. In fact, if I remember correctly, China formed another world badminton body to rival IBF and this made interactions between players of the two world bodies impossible.

(There were instances when Tang lost to Malaysian players during his time.}

Thus it is not fair to say that Rudy was afraid to challenge the Chinese players at his prime as politics prevented Chinese participation in IBF tournaments.

As regards Luan Jin beating Rudy during the Thomas Cup 1982, Rudy, at 33 (born 18 Aug 1949), was already past his prime.

On the other hand Luan Jin was at his peak at only 24 (born 1958). So Rudy has to give Luan Jin a handicap of almost 10 years! Can this be a good comparison?

#493 Loh, Oct 27, 2015
  14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    It was called the World badminton Federation.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Talking about players' noise and screams on court, more particularly those of Marin versus WSX, this is nothing compared to that produce by Halep and Sharapova in tennis.

I'm now watching the match between both of them at the WTA Finals in Singapore. At one stage both screamed after every shot. But now Sharapova had the better of Halep, both in screaming and in score, with Sharapova leading 6-4 and 5-3 in Set 2.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I remember we could only listened to the radio (there were no tv telecast) broadcast for two days.

Being new and somewhat fresh entry to the badminton world, we were supporting China. It carried on until Xiong Guo Bao, Yang Yang and Zhao Jian Hua.

In fact, both countries first met in an exhibition match in Singapore.

#497 nokh88, Oct 27, 2015
  18. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    yes, but china was very eager to challenge indonesia to prove which country is the best in badminton.

IIRC, the duel between China and Ina MS team in 1963 (?) was won 6 - 3 or something
    by China.

Furthermore, there are several duels between china and ina even before china joined IBF in 1982.

Teheran AG 74, Bangkok AG 78, badminton friendly Singapore 80.

also 1976 invitational in bangkok.

but none of them I ever heard that Rudi was taking part in the duel.

China tried their best effort to challenge Ina. as long as Ina agree to compete, the venue is not the problem.
    AFAIK, most of the duel take place in southeast asia, the same region with Ina.

Who has 100% winning records in badminton ? no one.
    even LD already lose more than 50 times.

the question is, what is their H2H ?
    how about their age ?
    and the venue ?

there are several duel between chn and ina, but I never heard that Rudi was involved in the competition.

then why Rudi was affraid to challenge Tang and Hou at AG Teheran 1974 ?

Rudi at his prime, 25 y.o., with great reputation among IBF member, 7 times AE MS winner...while Hou 6 years older and almost retire, but still, Hou and China won their first gold individual and team in Asian Games

#498 Fortune, Oct 27, 2015
  19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    relates to Luan Jin, it is just an info.
    I'm not interest to compare Rudi (born 1949) with china younger player Luan Jin (born 1958 as you say), bcoz I know they can give me 1001 reasons about it.

I'm only interest to compare the prime Rudi vs the oldies Tang or Hou who nearly retire.

actually, there was one player who is more superior, HAN JIAN...China's first world champion and has the same age with Liem Swie King, born 1956.

Rudi still can win over LSK even until 1980 IBF WC in jkt, when Rudi already 31 y.o., but Rudi vs Han Jian was never happened.

reason ? we already know.

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

[MENTION=98683]Fortune[/MENTION]:
    See, it makes no sense to continue arguing...
    Leaving scheduling, easy/hard draws, walkovers, fixed matches and air con aside I have to ask you one last question:

Let's assume you play badminton and you play a singles match against your friend. You win in three sets, 21-18 in the third. Which one of the following statements do you think is the most appropriate? If you'd have to pick one even if you do not agree with any of them. (You got to have a tendency...)

a) It was a close match. I could have lost but I secured victory in the end.

b) It was an easy match for me; no big deal.

c) I absolutely destroyed him. I would have won a thousand times if we were to play this match again and again.