Yonex FRENCH Open Superseries 2015 : SEMIFINALS (24th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex French Badminton Open / Bitburger Badminton ' started by CLELY, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    WYH finds it difficult to beat SN??? Is it Earth-603 we are talking about? If so, I would love to be teleported in such a pleasant alternate universe. The few odd upsets that SN pulled off against her biggest nemesis were just that, against the grain upsets. LXR is easier to beat for SN than WYH. And I agree, she has refined her rough edges and uncluttered her mind under UVK and PP.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Now I am laughing aloud laughing till I cannot stop so I guess I won't be able to sleep at all even it is already early wee morning hours now over here thinking about who forgot to brush his teeth.

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, some people are bordering on worshiping Lin Dan as a "God". And like many religious cults, nothing you say will change their minds, and they'll think that you're the one that's crazy or an idiot. Ultimately, these professional badminton guys and girls are just dancing around for our entertainment, and allow forums like these to exist hehe. It's all good fun in the end. No need to take it so seriously. Just my perspective anyway.

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I am serious. There is only one supreme, superlative active MS player. LD!!!
    All others are beatable by each other and all the rest are mere riff raffs compared to LD, including LCW and CL.
    LD is probably (if not undoubtedly) the 2nd GMSPOAT, LCW wont make top 5 and CL wont make top 10 yet.

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

All Blacks winning is a different story though. That's something to get excited about hehe!

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

WYH should be the easiest opponent for SN amongst the three.....Which is proving to be true......

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So reminder to everyone to maintain peace in this forum we had all better refrain from comparing Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan H2H matches and comment about it or else all of us will fall to the evil trap of creating lots of disharmony and heated up arguments here. Agreed everyone? ;)

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    ABs beat the Boks??? Wohoo!!!

9. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So you think he will win in Rio? Even if he faces CL or VA or JOJ on his way?

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I like watching WSX's name in Sn's draw. As an Indian I hope she is picked. Easy meat for SN and PVS as well.
    For LXR, we need to be at our best and hope that she isn't at her beat.
    PVS can handle WYH.
    But everytime I find WYH's name in SN's section, I draw mental curtains.
    I guess the series of important defeats over the years has emotionally scarred me. WYH is a scary mental bugbear for this India fan. And the happiest scenario for me and Saina would be LXR and WSX.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Yes if anyone goes overboard or gets emotional. No if we handle it like grown ups.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Lol,there is no comparison b/w the two left now.....and no need for comparison.....And your idol CTC beating Your another idol LCW is my prediction for tomorrow..:p

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Now I just remembered that I have forgotten to brush my teeth and it is already early wee morning hours over here. Sorry.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

IMHO, sport at the highest level is about Skills, Fitness, and Mental Toughness.

So my take is , in terms of skills, LD and LCW are about equal, any advantage LD may have is not significant enough; in fitness, maybe LD is a tad better but still inconsiderable; in mental toughness, LD is clearly superior to LCW, and it matters considerably.

That's why, at crucial moments, esp when the match is close, Lin Dan almost always comes out on top.

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    He starts the overwhelming favourite. if my MS pool for Rio was 500$. I won't spend just499.99 on him, Every last cent will ride on him.
    As will Masters for Tiger, not Spieth, not Day, not Rory.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Thanks for keeping the forum environment always light and lively [MENTION=121556]blabl[/MENTION]
    :)

17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Will talk to you next year in August! ;)

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the context of what I wrote - note the 'But of late' - I've in mind only recent times,the last few months this year, to be exact. The records should show.

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Desire Mental fortitude matters the most at the top level, because skills and fitness wise nearly all top pros are near complete/comparable when the burst into the scene. Its their desire and mental toughness that separates someone like an LD from anyone else.

I mean look at CM, just look at how much she has improved from 4 yrs ago. Its all down to her focus, desire and mental strength that kept her committed to her goal.

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I hope Srikanth wins beating an Indian in the final.