Yonex FRENCH Open Superseries 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (23rd October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex French Badminton Open / Bitburger Badminton ' started by CLELY, Oct 22, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Stade Pierre De Coubertin, Paris-FRA

Total prize-money : US$275,000

Tournament website : http://www.yonexifb.com/en/uk-home

Tournament time-table : http://www.yonexifb.com/en/ticketing/day-to-day-program

BWF Superseries website : http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/tourn...nch-open/?uc=1

Paris time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

BWF Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

Alternative Live-streaming :
    -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCFqVGCnOM
    -
    http://livestream.com/bwfbadminton/sspodense2015court2
    -
    http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/v...%96f%E2%84%96f

QUARTERFINALS Order of Play (05.00pm local time, 3 courts) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=3462A843-4C3C-4CFD-A417-E905A95CE661

Chong Wei shows exit way to Axelsen, WD top-seed is sent packing

MS category is losing more seeded players as Momota, Axelsen and Kashyap ended their journey here, only Chou TC and Jorgensen stay on track until quarterfinal also WD discipline as well as the underdogs shine here.

Danish rising star Axelsen gallant run was stopped by vast experienced and former world #1 Lee CW yesterday. This is the first time for Malaysian favourite to check into last eight after 8 month ban as he failed to clear preliminary rounds in Japan, Denmark and the worst outcome in Korea. Lee CW is favoured to advance against Japanese veteran Sasaki who edged out his younger compatriot Momota earlier. Defending champion Chou TC will up against HKG Angus Ng KL who ousted Prannoy in second round. European finest Jorgensen will get China left-handed player Tian HW. Another China MS at this stage, last year beaten finalist Wang ZM has Englishman Ouseph to chase semifinal berth.

Three intriguing last eight encounters will pit Indian jewel Nehwal v Thai prodigy Intanon, last year winner Wang SX v Japanese starlet Okuhara and the Olympic Champion Li XR v Dubai Finals champion Tai TY. Two-time World Champion Marin is overwhelming fave to overcome Indonesian opponent Maria Febe. On paper prediction, both Li XR and Marin look good to book semi spot. Wang SX has slight advantage to eliminate Okuhara while Nehwal-Intanon will offer close contest.

Two rematches of KOR SS semifinal will happen today, top ranked Korean Lee YD/Yoo YS v Endo/Hayakawa and their teammates Kim GJ/Kim SR will take on China #1 Fu HF/Zhang N. Denmark has assured 1 semifinal ticket through Conrad/Kolding v last year champion Boe/Mogensen and one remaining quarterfinal tie will see second seed Ahsan/Setiawan against the unseeded TPE combo Chen HL/Wang CL who surprised former world champion Ko SH/Shin BC at R/16.

The world number one Matsutomo/Takahashi poor performance is extended here as they failed to go further, lost to China scratch pair Huang YQ/Tang JH in straight-sets. Korean WD pairs start to show satisfying development of their reshuffle, Jung KE/Shin SC will take on recent Dutch Open GP winner Stoeva sisters, the Bulgarian pair downed Chinese pair Bao YX/Zhong QX yesterday. Another battle of the unseeded pairs will pit Eom HW/Kim HN v Huang YQ/Tang JH. One of title contender, Maheswari/Polii will face Korean test Chae YJ/Kim SY. Luo twin sisters get free semi ticket due to NED WD Muskens/Piek conceded walkover.

INA #2 Jordan/Susanto is surrounded by Chinese combinations at top-half of draw after they disposed Danish top XD, Fischer/Pedersen in second round and they may spring upset once again today against Xu C/Ma J. One semifinal spot is guaranteed by China youngsters, Liu YC/Tang JH v Lu K/Huang YQ. At the bottom half, English married couple Chris and Gabrielle Adcock will challenge China Liu C/Bao YX, a highly possible tight match. The on-fire Ko SH/Kim HN will meet unfamiliar face, giant-killer Japanese Sonoda/Fukuman.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Managed to check the schedule of today matches at my workplace. Oh my matches start at 5 pm France time which is again late midnight for my place here. Oh no to watch all my idols live matches today I have to forgo my sleep tonight. Scary.

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

After work, you go to sleep, then you wake up around midnight, have lunch, and watch badminton through the night!

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

LIVE TV (court 1, 05.00pm local time) matches :

1) Chen Hung Ling/Wang Chi Lin (TPE) v Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan (INA)
    2) Saina Nehwal (IND) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
    3) Sho Sasaki (JPN) v Lee Chong Wei (MAS)
    4) Chae Yoo Jung/Kim So Yeong (KOR) v Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii (INA)
    5) Tian Houwei (CHN) v Jan O Jorgensen (DEN)

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

No XD? I wished they would have shown the Adcocks vs Liu/Bao, a replay of Den Open's quarters, if I remember well. Or Jordan/Debby vs Ma/Xu

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I want to watch some of those ct3 matches, but I know it is impossible:crying:

7. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    I think court 2 is available through the alternative streaming links.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Was yesterday the best day of Stoeva sister's life?

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hmm me too
    Lee/Too vs HE/KH, CTC vs Angus XC/MJ vs PJ/DS

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Muskens/Piek gave a walkover:crying: they def JG/AP yesterday and now they provided a walkover to luo twins I feel dismayed

11. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    same feeling bro :(

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Match of the Day:

WANG Shixian vs Nozomi OKUHARA

13. krishan123456

krishan123456 Regular Member

student
    match of the day saina nehwal vs ratchanok intanon.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'd love to watch how WSX beat Kaori Imabeppu in G2 yesterday, coming from behind 14-19 to win 21-19, 7 pts on the trot !

Yes, WSX vs NO promises to be a treat.

15. krishan123456

krishan123456 Regular Member

student
    guys caption this moment madhu praying..jpg

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Can it be worse than ZYL/TQ giving walkover to the Korean WD on DEN PSS Finals Day, handing over the trophy on a plate ?

Maybe Muskens or Piek is injured or unwell, that's my concern.

17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Agreed.....

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
  19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So I can conclude that the woman in the picture, madhimadhu an indian coach has either fallen asleep or she is either praying earnestly. I guess the France timing which is so different from Asia timing has taken a toll not only on the players performance but also contributed to the coach tiredness.

#19 blabl, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Here I am waiting but the matches have not started. It will only start at late midnight in my place here and then end at the early wee morning hours. It will be again for me another sleepless night to watch all my idols play tonight. But I think it is worth it because I can't wait to see Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong in action tonight. Plus there are ak many other exciting matches too. I have 15 idols to support tonight so I won't sleep throughout the night but watch all the matches live.