Yonex FRENCH Open Superseries 2015 : Qualifying & R/32 (20th & 21st October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex French Badminton Open / Bitburger Badminton ' started by CLELY, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Many Indians hate My Lord. But none of them wanted him to ever get out. If he is the kind who liked SRT getting out, that him backing a foreigner against HSP isnt surprising.
    BTW till Viru and Gauti started opening in tests I used to wait impatiently for the first two wickets to fall and used to celebrate them. And as you must have seen, the fall of our 2nd wicket was always universally cheered, so it wasn't just me.

2. ytam1

ytam1 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah. We all know she is not even ranked in the top 10, and played against a top 5 player. Nothing too surprising here.

Though she look surprising quick and refreshing in the Denmark open.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As if H2H only take into account 'big event' matches, other times don't count. The real deal is when both opponents are at their best, even then one or two match outcomes aren't conclusive. In other words, we have to consider how each match is played, not just look at the result. Even then, we should look at their performances over a period of time, the more recent ones being more relevant or carrying more weight than those years ago.

4. ytam1

ytam1 Regular Member

Student
    Only if one objectively looks at the results , and not blinded by the nationality of players.

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    To each his own. I reserve that tag for Susi. Only XXF challenged for that mantle in my book and noise pollution seems on her way there.

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Agree. Was a true revelation. Absolutely blower and opened the draw.

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    It was Jakarta BTW.

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Her wins against SN are no problem to me. Her bullying nature and on court demeanour is. About the matches. It was SNs fault she lost and CMs credit she won.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I trust Fox is principled enough and possesses a healthy, balanced world view not encumbered by nationalism or blind loyalty. Anything truly good or great, be it in music,art,philosophy, science or sports transcends nationality/ethnicity/language and is universally accepted and loved as it represents all humanity and belongs to all humankind.

Besides Fox, I should like to specially mention [MENTION=117083]Devendra[/MENTION] as another one whom I respect and admire for the courage of his convictions, open-mindedness and broad-mindedness as well as his sense of history.

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    No one here likes CM a bit. I am yet to meet any BCer who is even neutral towards her, much less positive.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Screamed his hair off? :p NO OFFENCE INTENDED.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said.

I repeat, consistency is key, the deciding factor, it's what separates the champions from the contenders.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    What about you [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION] ? Have you ever been "principled enough" and have you ever managed to find the courage not to be "encumbered by nationalism"???
    By that I mean, have you ever backed a player playing against a Chinese in any sport???

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    You do know I am a huge fan of yours [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION] , but I struggle to recollect a single instance of you backing a player playing China.

In the Gopi- Srikanth intergennum, LD was my favourite too. I was/am a huge fan of Sampras/Nadal. That doesn't meant I didn't back Shridhar/Chetan/Leander/Somdev/Yuki when they faced these foreigners.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked the score this morning and what a great shock for me.

What happened? Sung Ji Hyun retired. Wow.

Then Lee Dong Keun proved to everybody in the world he is still a good player by winning over Tommy Sugiarto. Wow he defeated the MS player who reached the finals of Denmark Open last week. Wow. What a huge upset.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The timing for this tournament is really bad for Asia people like me. Stayed up till late to watch the matches yesterday till wee early morning then how felt sleepy but still need to work today. Then the Ws match is not over yet at court 2. What? And Beatriz just win the first set 21-19. Second set tough fight again just like the first set score. Oh dear me. I guess the Indonesian WS is already too tired to play her match.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Biggest upset detected in this tournament

Lee Dong Keun

Won over

Tommy sugiarto

21-16, 14-21, 21-19.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sad to know that I was not able to stay up and watch how Lee Dong Keun win over Tommy Sugiarto. Will try my best to stay up again to watch tonight matches but then it is going to be difficult to do so. Different timing with France timing.

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I like to see CM play. Her shouting is very annoying and at first I could not get beyond it, but for now I put her shout aside and try to just watch her beautiful badminton. Her strokes, movement and tactic are all the best.

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The fact that some cannot go beyond nationality is a trait of character common enough and very acceptable in sports (less so in art and science). But there it is not correct for those to judge the ones that do not strickly follow the national preference.