Thaihot CHINA Open 2015 - DRAW

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Once again, Wei Nan vs Viktor Axelsen in R1, and the winner is slated to meet The Dragon in the QFs, that's certainly too early to their liking.

I'd say P Kashyap has a goo draw, if he doesn't choke, we might see him in the semifinals, and you know who will most likely be waiting for him.

Tian Houwei has a tricky opponent in Boonsak Ponsana, so has K Srikanth in Hu Yun - before we evfen talk about THW vs SK, not to mention a possible clash for either one with Lin Dan in the QFs.

In the 4th quadrant, I'd expect LCW to prevail though CTC in R2 and JOJ in the QFs could be spoilers before we expect a Lin Dan vs Lee CW semifinal showdown.

For me, it's good to see the three big guns, CL, LD and LCW, avoiding each other until at least the semifinals. I'd have hoped VA too but he's a bit unlucky in being slated to take on Chen Long in the quarters, a semifinals face-off would be preferable.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No Lin Guipu, He Bingjiao, Chen Yufei ? Ah, they are at the World Juniors.

3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

One thing for sure, STEEN PETERSON is reading Badminton central. When he was commentating the match between sindhu and carolina especially when he was talking about the screams of Carolina marin, he said that he read in some forum that this was first started by chinese , ordered by Zhang ning.

I remember some member has said that in this forum. But GC refused this saying that koreans started this.

Subject is not important but the important thing here is that Steen is a regular reader of Badmintoncentral.

Coming to the draw,

Srikanth vs Huyun, repeat of World championships.

Ajay vs chen long - Unfortunate draw for him.

Kashyap has easiest draw among indian players. Hope he does well

Yesss. Prannoy might meet Jan in the second round. Interesting.

Saina vs sun yu. Hope the match will be played in court 1 , so that hawk eye can be used .

Sindhu vs shixian may occur in the second round, the rematch of french open 1st round.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unlucky Sun Yu, she is up against Saina in the opening round. I'm sure Intanon R and Nozomi O don't relish their R1 meeting either.

None of the CHN WS top three have very good draws either, each of them have a tough opponent by the QFs, if not earlier, esp for WSX vs PVS in a possible R2 encounter before a likely meeting with Marin in the quarters.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The MD draw is disheartening for CHN, apart from Cai Yun/Lu Kai who alone is in the lower half, all the other 5 CHN pairs are in the top half with Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen and Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan in the same 1st quadrant as the top seed, KOR Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeong Seong.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

CHN WDs are quite evenly spread, except for Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei and the second seed, Luo Ying/Luo Yu, who are slated for a QF clash in the 4th quadrant, an unwelcome scenario for them, I believe.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

XD draw for the Chinese is considered evenly spread except the 4th quadrant where no CHN pair is present and that may be good for the INA Tantowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir as well for whom a semifinal appearance is a promising prospect.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Surely he is talented and so is PK but they just don't possess what it takes to be a champ.. Look at CL he is so perfect I mean its something which you inherits from before life I don't know why but none of our players are born talented or should I say natural players.. PV looks little natural but its too early to say about her she hasn't entered even elite 8 by now

9. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    PK has a great draw for him actually. I thought the same. But with him all bets r always off. Lol.
    BTW we both are extremely harsh/critical on our own players. Lol.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hahaha that would be perfect.. I am always delighted to watch AY on court and yes she can kick MM out of the door easily but WYH is a diff case..
    Hey are you sure on your post well for me WSX is no more a cake walk for anyone let alone SN who has lost against her on a row!!

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    You deserve a peace Nobel for being able to watch a Marin watch without muting ur TV/phone/computer

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    No matter how much we hate her for her schreaches but she is a great player and even if she gets a black hard (trust it won't happen even in dreams) it won't be good for the competition needless to say she is the top contender

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Pvs Smash is a joke. She smashes like a girl. Never utilizes her height advantage. I hope we hire LCW as a coach post Rio and he teaches Sin his Smash. Lol.
    I find KS better than Sin or of course PK

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hahaha I didn't knew even I can get a peace Nobel price too!!
    Well if that's true any of our posts or views can be heard on the TV.. Should be stay aware before opening our mouths

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    No she has good reach and before the injury she had ballistic overhead down the line weapon yes she is missing that in her arsenal as of now.. KS is a learned and SN is a forceful learned I don't want to comment on PK he might prove me wrong on this too :p

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    This tourney is surely one of the best!! So many posts already and its not even this month

17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    The only reason LXR was selected for London instaed of WSX was SN.
    SNs losses against WSX are mere aberrations like KSs against TWH.
    IMO SN might be inferior to WYH and LXR, but she is definitely better than WSX, just as KS is away better than TWH.

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    No doubt she is a great player and her rate of improvement is unparalleled. And I am not talking season to season or tourney to tourney, but game to game. She is just getting started.

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I find HSP force learned and BSP natural. rMVGSD was natural pre injuries too. Jwala has a bad draw again

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I think you love replying my posts and care about my opinions a lot :p
    Well I disagree a lil as SN was undoubtedly played exceptionally against WSX pre LOG and she was a real pain in CBA's ass as far selection of WSX is concerned.. Also I remember during OG Madhumita also said before SF that WYH is completely diff player and SN always find it difficult against her(h2h suggests the same) and even she expressed the reason for WSX unselection the same!! But as of now WSX and YH both have changed and while WYH seems vulnerable SX seems to become stronger and she has also found a way to trigger SN and many others.. LXR is surely the best and I have always considered her to be the biggest threat for SN alongside CM and TTY