Victor KOREA Open Superseries 2015 : FINALS (20th September 2015)

Discussion in 'YONEX Open Japan / Korea Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

The End of Controversial Korea Open 2015

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Poor victims.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Finally goodbye to Korea

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    And see you all in the Copenhagen :) time to retreat a bit after a back-to-back SS

Corrected: It should be Odense for the Denmark Open SSP

#404 kelana, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    best match of the day: WYH vs SJH?

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    NO DOUBT! The WS battle between Sung Ji Hyun vs Wang Yihan was a match of attrition (lasted for 78 minutes) and exchanges of high skills, to the delight watching pleasure of the viewers... a match that could end up being the victory of either player.

Indeed it's the only match that went to the three sets in the finals.

#406 kelana, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The most thrilling final match is none but WS, what a comeback by Sung Ji Hyun at deciding game when winning momentum shifted to home player as Wang YH wasted her leading margin, 11-6 at interval. Sung has played two marathon matches at semi and finale to top podium and regain her 2013 title.

Finally, Maheswari and Polii bags their maiden Superseries title to knock out home pair, they had better strategy and more compact to apply attacking plan and it worked against Chang YN/Lee SH, congrats :)

Chen Long is one class above Ajay Jayaram, the Indian gave strong resistance at early stages but it's not enough to overcome Chen superb defense and he increased the tempo at second game. Fourth SS title for the Dragon in 2015 and send strong signal to Rio 2016.

Zhang/Zhao proves once again their powerful play, not bad performance by the Indonesian but they couldn't cope the Chinese fast and furious attacking smash and netshot by Zhao YL.
    Well, until 8th installment of SS circuit, it's a wonderful season for Zhang/Zhao and Chen Long to win 4 titles so far, the top badminton action will be continued next month in Odense ;)

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    This is why he is 5th in top 5.. Please get yourself crosschecked before posting.. Haven't JOJ lost to HSP 3 times in a row.. Hasn't VA lost to many unknown players!! Hasn't KM has disastrous H2h against some... Diff players have diff way of handling diff opponenets... If CM can defeat everyone but RI who can be defeated by any almost any hardworking players!! KS can't pull against THW yet doesn't mean he is overrated.. Hasn't WSX, WYH, SN LXR had hard times (a long drought season) it doesn't mean they are overrated.. KS suffering from the same and yes not overrated at all!!

9. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Am I right to say LCW is the first male player to break 100000 point?

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    100% agree.. Haven't seen someone being so so consistent!! Hands down
    Even CL is consistent but ZZ are one in a million... Djoko doing the same in tennis

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I read both feet somewhere and
    Omg!! That pic Looks really serious...
    Why don't she undergo an immediate surgery

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, I believe so.

13. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I think she went for conservative approach and rest for many months. I doubt we can see old LXR again but I hope she can put me wrong. what a shame!

14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

CL is kind of "return to the basic" : can you move fast and make no mistake?

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I have to say Chang and Lee are prettier than those Victor's girl models wearing mini skirt!!

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I recall the first sign of her injury was a twitch during her French Open Final last Oct'14 with WSX when she suddenly retired at the G2 mid-game interval (I remember some BCers accusing her of throwing the match). Two weeks later she aggravated her injury during training and the doctor proposed two treatment options, either surgery with a shorter, complete recuperation and recovery or the conservative, non-surgical method but much longer recovery period which also necessitated her putting on a cast for one month. She chose the latter option fearing surgery might lead to complications (perhaps after seeing what happened to Wang Xin and Wang Lin, wrongly and needlessly I think because theirs involved ACL, not her case of navicular bone stress fracture). After the cast was removed, she was eager to return to proper training; however, her rehab and recovery took longer than expected,in the end about 6 - 9 months to be fully match-fit.

Only now then I read her injury is similar to basketballer Yao Ming's, a tricky problem if not carefully handled esp when the athlete is too eager to resume proper training. On hindsight,I supposed her injury woes which included other ailments as reported in the said articles partly contributed to her loss of form and worsened her mental weakness and anxiety to perform.

Li Xuerui is now 24 years old, neither young nor old, I can only hope earnestly that she makes a successful, great comeback one day, the sooner the better. To me, she is the best WS player technically speaking and prodigiously talented. It'll be such a shame if her career is cut short just like that.

I admit I've been unduly harsh on her recently but that's because I have very high hopes of her and thought she has what it takes to be one of the greatest players of all time.

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Her injure makes the next year's OG selection easier for LYB to choose which player deem fit and has greater chance of winning gold. I think WSX and WYH is a lock.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

true.. they are wearing make-up too.

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Overall a poor SS. Not many significant matches, bad organisation, empty stadium.

20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Ajay jayaram tweeted

"And just to clarify. Thanks for the wishes. But the commentator got the wrong info. My birthday is on the 28th of this month !"