Victor KOREA Open Superseries 2015 : FINALS (20th September 2015)

Discussion in 'YONEX Open Japan / Korea Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 19, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : SK Handball Stadium, Seoul-KOR

Total prize-money : US$600,000

Tournament website : http://koreaopen.kr/info/default_2015.asp

Tournament time-table : http://koreaopen.kr/match/default.asp

BWF YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

KOR time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

FINALS (12.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...7C469F-DB5D-401E-938B-2EFF831C4B21&d=20150920

Jayaram sensation continues, local pairs secure MD title and China misses WD final spot

Host KOR has 4 representatives in three categories followed by China 3 final slots, Indonesia 2 and India 1. Who will win more than 1 title tomorrow, CHN, KOR or INA?

MD, Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (KOR) v Kim Gi Jung/Kim Sa Rang (KOR)
    Head-to-head stats : 4-1
    On paper prediction, Korean idol Lee Yong Dae will regain their 2013 title, this time with Yoo Yeon Seong over their teammates. The top-seed got a scare by the Dane Boe/Mogensen to play marathon 99 minutes match. Meanwhile Kim GJ/Kim SR also needed rubber games to finish off Fu HF/Zhang N. An unfavourable schedule for Zhang Nan as he must rush to play second semifinal after his mixed doubles match completed, it's really hard to be fully recovered physically in just short break.

WS, Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Wang Yihan (CHN)
    H-2-H : 1-11
    The limping head to head indicates defending champion Wang YH has better prospect to extend her title here. But Sung will be extra motivated to do best in front of her homeground fans as she did it against Yamaguchi when she came back from behind to win the semifinal tie. Wang Yihan looks in pretty good shape in this tournament, only dropped 1 game at second round against Busanan so this is her chance to top podium once again.

MS, Chen Long (CHN) v Ajay Jayaram (IND)
    H-2-H : 1-0
    The unseeded Indian MS creates a breakthrough in his badminton career to reach first ever final in Superseries tournament. He started to steal the show from first round to beat strong favourite Axelsen then Vincent Wong WK, Sasaki and 7th seed Chou TC at last four. His final hurdle none but defending and reigning world champion Chen Long who outclassed Momota in semifinal. It's certainly a huge task for Jayaram to overcome the formidable Chinese top seed. Both player only met once, HKG Open last year.

WD, Chang Ye Na/Lee Soo Hee (KOR) v Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii (INA)
    H-2-H : 0-0
    Only playing together in three tournaments so far, home new scratch pair Chang YN/Lee SH seems promising to develop further. They knocked out Danish finest Pedersen/Juhl at last eight and will meet another established WD tomorrow, 6th seed Maheswari/Polii. The Indonesian pair carved their biggest achievement, Asian Games gold medal in Korea (Incheon) last year and we'll see whether this INA #1 will grab their maiden Superseries title, also in Korea (Seoul). A rare occassion happens in this category as none China WD could progress into final stage.

XD, Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei (CHN) v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)
    H-2-H : 11-5
    The last final will offer perfect scenario as long-standing rival will meet each other, the mighty Zhang/Zhao is favoured to pocket another Superseries title. INA pair must dump their nightmare at Jakarta WC last month and total focus tomorrow. Both pairs have quite comfortable run en route to last round, so it's should be interesting to watch high quality final showdown between these two best XD pairs.

LIVE Streaming alternative : http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

WS, WD and XD seems interesting to me. Others might be either too unbalanced (MS), or unappealing (MD).

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #3 pcll99, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

That was such a great match! Specially as WHY was more or less playing her head...

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yeah. If WYH lost again in a Uber Final (like the disaster in 2010), it would have a career ending defeat for WYH. If she lost, WSX would have gone to London instead of her.

In that 2012 final, WYH lost game 1 and was able to comeback from it. I felt in love with her after that match!! :p

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long only met Ajay once, that was how long ago ? To Chen Long, Ajay is an unfamiliar opponent in top form and the element of surprise is with Ajay, the underdog. If Chen Long is not careful, overconfident, let his guard down, who knows what might happen ?

Actually, I was thinking if Chou T C were his opponent tomorrow, I can more or less safely say Chen Long's victory is as good as a done deal as the last time they met was at the Chinese Taipei Open where Chen Long was commanding in the second and third set disposing of CTC in a three-setter despite dropping the first set. Furthermore, their H2H is CL 6 - 0 CTC, with Chen Long winning the last three meetings this year alone, so you can't say he's not familiar with CTC's game.

In other words, I don't expect a lop-sided match either way (hmm...am I joking ?) though hardly anyone would argue against Chen Long having a clear edge vs Ajay. Whatever, I'm looking forward to a well-fought, entertaining showdown.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, the H2H may be overwhelmingly in WYH's favour over Sung JH but WYH is widely known to be in fluctuating form recently, actually since the last quarter of 2014.

Yes, WYH's defeat of Nozomi, the JPN Open winner,in the semifinal here is commendable and encouraging. I'd say it depends on which WYH turns up tomorrow.

8. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

Ajay has had a cakewalk draw so far; CL will be his first real tough opponent imo.

9. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Wang Yihan always struggle against Sung Ji Hyun. Both of them have a similar playing style, except that Sung is not prone to getting caught by drop shots and net shots. It's 50-50 for both, but I think Sung has the advantage based on court awareness.

Wang could win by her sheer grit and mental strength. I don't think there's anybody who's as tough as her when it comes to that.

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I won't consider that Ajay got cakewalk draw when he has beaten all the higher ranked players including 2 top 10 players enrouting finals. I won't consider beating CTC and Victor Axelsen as cakewalk for any people. Isn't it? . It may fit exactly for Chenlong because of his ranking(i meant 'cakewalk').

11. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

Both players (VA and CTC) had reached finals and semifinals in Japan, would definitely be tired. Particularly CTC by the time he played Ajay. And it shows.

We'll see how he does tomorrow but I think he's had it relatively easy so far.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I understand your point, but to be fair, beating VA and CTC albeit in their back-to-back tournaments still cannot be dismissed as cakewalk. I suppose for practically everyone only the Super Trio of LD-CL-LCW can be considered really toughest opponents.

I believe Chen Long won't make the mistake of underestimating his opponent Ajay who happens to be riding on the crest of a wave; you know the saying, every dog has its day. Even Lin Dan just before LOG'12 reminded himself not to take any relative unknown opponents lightly as they can be dangerous simply because you are unfamiliar with them and their possible throw-caution-to-the-wind once-in-a-lifetime motivation that enables them to play above themselves. Perhaps I think too much.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Let's hope Ajay gives India a gift on his birthday

14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Actually speaking, Ajay jayaram did extremely well beating Victor Axelsen and CTC reaching finals . TOmorrow, even if he loses in a lopsided match, he would be considered as exceptional provided his ranking is 32, to reach finals where LCW, Lindan and all the top 10 players who participated in a tournament. He is going to meet World No.1 and 2 time world champion. So, no probs even if he performs badly tomorrow. Today he played really well against CTC. Hoping for a good fight tomorrow.

#14 Baddyforall, Sep 19, 2015
  15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What???????From when AJ JeyRam become a dog????...NO!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!.You must take your statement back :mad::D.......

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Lol... Feel like laughing on your post..
    If you have VA as your R1 opponent you mustn't even unpack your bags even for master Dan it wouldn't be a cakewalk... Secondly do you watch CTC playing PK in JO SF he always seems weaker then his opp always calm(instead of some yells he make) and composed and looks beatable but he isn't easy... The resurgence he has shown lately makes him even more difficult.. SS and WKWV can also make anybody's day terrible!! CL is hot fav and biggest man to beat this year for sure.. But the statement scores 100% disagreement mate sorry
    And to add to that aren't LYD, ZN (infact in 2 disciplines), AY playing in their back to back tourney... This can surely not discard your chances to be called a tough opponent

#16 nilesh123, Sep 19, 2015
  17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    :D
    I bet if you give him a contract to allow him def CL on his 28 th BD and in exchange to be a dog for few days he will agree :D

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

+100000.

I massively underestimated AJ Jeyram...People forget that he had zero momentum coming to this tournament....And CTC was the one i was sure will block his path but still he overcame him and reached the final...Tomorrow(or Today:D)all fellow compatriots will cheer AJ and jinx Chen Long....Chen Long!!!!!!Bhow Bhow.....

19. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope Ajay wins.

20. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Congratz to Ajay for earning his spot in the finals, and at his birthday, wow so cool!

I can just recall Srikanth as the other IND MS to ever earn his spot into the finals and even won the title in SS level and up among the still active IND MS. Gopichand and Prakash Padukone in the past.

As for the finals, lets see then. May the better player at that day be the winner... so Ajay will still have chance if he plays superbly against Chen Long :)