Victor KOREA Open Superseries 2015 : SEMIFINALS (19th September 2015)

Discussion in 'YONEX Open Japan / Korea Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 18, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : SK Handball Stadium, Seoul-KOR

Total prize-money : US$600,000

Tournament website : http://koreaopen.kr/info/default_2015.asp

Tournament time-table : http://koreaopen.kr/match/default.asp

BWF YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

KOR time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

SEMIFINAL Order of Play (12.00pm local time, 2 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...7C469F-DB5D-401E-938B-2EFF831C4B21&d=20150919

Another setback for Ahsan/Setiawan, four defending champions march on

Both Chen Long and Kento Momota will redeem their Japan Open losing to do more inspiring performance here as their fourth meeting is on the way tomorrow. Chen passed tough test Son WH with gruelling first game while Momota once again was better than Wei N. The resurgent Chou Tien Chen is back on right track and looking good for final spot against the unseeded Indian player Ajay Jayaram who disposed Sho Sasaki at last eight while Chou eliminated Chinese #4 Tian Houwei narrowly.

Two former champions, defending champion and one rising star will fight for final spot. 2013 winner Sung Ji Hyun who knocked out top-seed Tai Tzu Ying at last eight has Akane Yamaguchi as her semifinal opponent. They met a week ago when Yamaguchi destroyed Sung at first round and revenge mission by Sung at her homesoil. Two Chinese with same surname, Wang will cross sword tomorrow, Yihan v Shixian, on paper defending champion Wang YH has slight advantage to overcome her younger compatriot, winner of 2010 & 2012 edition.

Last year winner Boe/Mogensen has an uphill task to knock out top-seed Lee YD/Yoo YS who's eyeing for back to back superseries title here. Big surprise in this category that Ahsan/Setiawan succumbed to home pair Kim GJ/Kim SR in straight-sets, the reigning world champion seems struggling little bit after sweet successful in Jakarta WC last month. And Korean #3 will set up clash with the in-form China #1 Fu HF/Zhang N.

Korean scratch pairs will face each other tomorrow as they stunned two seeded pairs, Chang YN/Lee SH also Jung KE/Shin SC eliminated Pedersen/Juhl and Ma J/Tang YT respectively. Mighty China only has Luo Ying/Luo Yu as former world number one Wang XL/Yu Y suffered stunning defeat to INA Maheswari/Polii. It would be disastrous result for China WD here if no one of their combinations could progress to finale. Based on head to head stats INA #1 Maheswari/Polii is favoured to progress against the twin sisters.

The always dependable Zhang N/Zhao YL class is above of their team-mates who were sent packing before semifinal. This formidable China pair will find home opponent, Ko SH/Kim HN who potentially will trouble the defending champion. Another last four tie will pit second seed Ahmad/Natsir against ENG married couple Adcock/Adcock, the Indonesian is favoured to sail through last round.

LIVE Streaming alternative : http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

LIVE TV (court 1, 12.00pm local time) matches :

1) Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (KOR) v Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (DEN)
    2) Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei (CHN) v Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na (KOR)
    3) Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Akane Yamaguchi (JPN)
    4) Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii (INA) v Luo Ying/Luo Yu (CHN)
    5) Chou Tien Chen (TPE) v Ajay Jayaram (IND)

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    A protest is in order for this semi final of Korea Open.

XD is not the first match in neither court 1 or court 2, which is unusual in itself.

Zhang Nan's two matches are NOT the first and last, which is another anomaly. Zhang Nan's opponents of both of the two matches are both Koreans!!

On court no. 2, if one of the two Korean WD pairs do a walkover tomorrow, Zhang Nan may have to play 2 matches in very short order.

And everyone knows Zhang Nan is suffering a knee injury from last week.

This is very serious.

#2 pcll99, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My predictions for court 1 matches.

1. MD Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong

2. XD Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na

3. WS Sung Ji Hyun

4. WD Luo Ying / Luo Yu

5. MS Chou Tien Chen

Predictions for court 2 matches.

1. XD tontowi Ahmad / liliyana natsir

2. MD Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang

3. WS Wang Yihan

4.WD Jung Kyung Eun / Shin Seung Chan

5. MS Chen Long

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Cool. Ajay in Semifinals. Is he ready to give another treat tomorrow !!

H2H with chou tien chen is 2-2 now.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Predictions for gold medalists

1. MS Chen Long

2. WS Sung Ji Hyun

3. MD Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong

4. WD Jung Kyung Eun / Shin Seung Chan

5. XD Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na.

Just my predictions and I may be wrong here.

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Omg AJ in SFs... Wow. Despite such limited opportunities. And Kash plays every damn super series with nothing to show for it. Go oldie. Beat CTC tomorrow. Jai Hind.

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    If KOR insist on winning with all methods incl the scheduling scheme, let them have their ways, after all this is just an SS ;)

I just don't grasp it, how can be so obvious... where's the face, where's the shame

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

That is what I tried to hint at the beginning of the tournament. But then this tournament is held in Korea so there is nothing we can do about it. That is why I also predicted that Korea will win 4 gold medals because everything will be in favor of Korea as the tournament progress on.

#8 blabl, Sep 18, 2015
  9. konak

konak Regular Member

came on Don't start imagining things. Look at the order of play in JO semifinal http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=EAA3742E-966C-4E1B-A652-6BC693FD6720&d=20150912. Was Zhang nan or Zhao Yun lei play in the first match of the day ?? was it a scheme from JO organizer so zhang nan or ZYL didn't get through to final ??

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    In the semi-finals of the Yonex Japan Open:

1. XD was played first on at least one court, which is the usual practice.

2. There was no JPN vs JPN in any matches. JPN couldn't do a walkover.

3. Zhang Nan only had to play against ONE pair of JPN players (ie, in MD), who was sponsored by Yonex. Zhang Nan's other opponent was sponsored by Victor, a Korean pair, not Yonex!! (BWF let the title sponsor have a say on scheduling.)

4. Zhang Nan had not sustained (or was not widely known to have sustained) a knee injury before that semi-final in Japan.

I can go on.

#10 pcll99, Sep 18, 2015
  11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    @ pcll99, thank you for saving me from the trouble to respond with all the fine details, which is frankly I ain't that versed!

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    You are welcomed!

I usually don't blame BWF for their scheduling "irregularity"; after all, BWF do have to make sponsors happy.

But if my idol Zhang Nan is injured tomorrow (or aggravated his existing injury), I will never buy another Victor product again. :mad:

13. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Korea's strategy to split their WD seem to be working, their opponents scratching their head to beat them added with home soil advantage. Perfect recipe.

Nitya/Greysia have to be their usual steadiness to beat Luo sisters (again), the wind in stadium really causing a lot of trouble for them.

As for Towi/Lily, they cant afford to be slow starters vs the couples 2mrw and they should be in the finals.

14. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Agree with MS and MD. XD will likely go to ZZ. WS is unpredictable but I think WYH has better chance. WD will more likely go to Indonesia Pair.

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

U
    The "sponsor decide who goes on tv" system is stupid anyway. Two courts should be covered by cameras, and it should be for each country (tv network) to decide which of the two it wants to broadcast.

16. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Zhang Nan should concentrate on Mixed Double first. As for men double, use more brain and let Fu do the hard work at the back.

17. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I like the attitude in the MS & MD, unlike those in other disciplines, esp. the women's ones, they almost never refuse when a player requests shuttle change :p

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Chen Long takes the 1st set at ease, 21-9 against Kento Momota. Chen fully owns the game.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A commanding win in G1 for Chen Long, he getting too relaxed and using too many backhand returns with his back turned. Expect G2 to be much tighter unless Chen Long turns on the heat, not his habit.

20. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Talking a tournament worth of $600,000 prize money, the viewers can only enjoy the court 2 at 480p streaming, static camera. I doubt there will be any real multiangle 720p let alone 1080p recording made available later.

BWF BWF... you haven't made the much needed progress to popularize badminton! Please learn from other sports.