Yonex Sunrise VIETNAM Open GP 2015 (24th-30th August 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise - Vietnam Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Too bad that Sameer Verma lost but atleast he put up a very good fight,so no worries at all,blabl.

2. razhes

razhes Regular Member

he should, skillwise he's on par with top player likes of kento momota and srikanth. i think he just need better power in his smash and more maturity in his shot

i really like the way anthony play since i watch him, the way he plays makes people think that badminton is easy and so flawless. Really reminds me of taufik.

#202 razhes, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

yap, agree.. he reminds me of taufik hidayat.. i think he is the most consistent indonesian young MS for now..

4. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

[video=youtube;81Vs6BUDc2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Vs6BUDc2g[/video]

[video=youtube;867EuuWH7uM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867EuuWH7uM[/video]

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Yes... our next Taufik.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

What about Jonatan Christie?

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I have quite predicted the results

Yes, I guess Lee Hyun Il has the advantage in terms of experience and skills. Sameer I believe have a bright future too. Nevertheless I also wish sameer good luck in his upcoming tournaments.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Exciting match of the match for today in the MS department. The match if Lee Hyun Il vs Chong Wei Feng. Lee Hyun Il is an extremely good player but then Chong Wei Feng has also been playing very well en route to the finals. Let see who will win today.

9. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

he (and firman kholik) is very good player, but they are still unconsistent for now. After reached QF in Indonesia SSP, jonathan form is a little bit drop, especially in sea games.

10. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    Hope so tough game ahead for CWF

prediction CHINA MD over Gideon/kevin
    thai wd over indon.
    and tpe wd to upset indon

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Agreed with you. It is going to be a very tough game for Chong Wei Feng. Lee Hyun Il is going all out to win in this tournament to gain ranking points to play in Olympic 2016. But then Chong Wei Feng performance has been good thus far in this tournament. Chong Wei Feng has wasted a lot of energy yesterday to fend off a stubborn Japanese MS player yesterday who is tall and lanky. Chong Wei Feng is of small build and he has to run a lot at the court to catch shuttlecock. This will waste a lot of energy at the court. When being interviewed yesterday Chong Wei Feng admitted that he is small build and his opponents will capitalize on that and forced him to run round the court wasting his energy. Chong said he replaced his small build by hard work running round the court non stop to hit the shuttlecock.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (02.00pm local time, 2 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...A632B2-DEC3-4E2E-83C2-ED22BAB3646D&d=20150829

INA has representative in almost five categories except XD, 1 final spot is guaranteed through MS discipline.

Hot fave Tommy Sugiarto will meet another compatriot, this time none but young potential star Anthony Ginting who performed superbly at INA Premier SS last June. Second seed Lee Hyun Il has recent SEA Games gold medalist Chong Wei Feng to vie final berth. Both Sugiarto and Lee finished all their opponent in straight-sets en route to semifinal, convincing performance by top two seeds so far.

In contrary with MS discipline, we witness all seeded WS players and pre tournament favourites tumbled before this stage. Three bright teenagers shine here, Fitriani, Saena Kawakami and Supanida Katethong. The 16 years old Indonesian will take on TPE second stringer Cheng Chi Ya. While NZL GP Gold winner Kawakami will challenge Thailand newcomer Katethong.

It's CHN v INA clash in MD, two rising pairs top-seed Li JH/Liu YC will up against Gideon/Sukamuljo, possibly close contest here. Defending champion Adistia/Gunawan is closer to defend their title, tricky Chinese test Huang KX/Wang SJ may be derail their goal.

Eighth seed Andini/Giobani will meet TPE fresh WD Chen HH/Huang MC who knocked out fave Anscelly/Soong FC at early stage. Thai 4th seed Prajongjai/Kittiharakul is favoured to pass this round against INA new scratch pair, Haris/Pradipta.

All INA XD have been ousted earlier, two interesting semifinal encounters will offer the on fire Malaysia hopeful Chan PS/Goh LY v US Open winner Huang KX/Huang DP and Thai qualifier Issara/Amitrapai has Korean young duo Choi SG/Chae YJ.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

analysis for today MS match and the predicted outcomes

After so much hype about the MS match here is the predicted outcomes for today match.

My friend had the opportunity to watch the whole match being played live at the Vietnam stadium thus here is the analysis from my friend.

For the match of Tommy sugiarto vs Anthony Ginting, it is so easy to predict that Anthony Ginting can win this match easily. Tommy sugiarto performance is inconsistent thus far while Anthony has been touted to be the next taufik hidayat. Mt friend said based on all the players performance thus far in this tournament Anthony performance is much better compared to Tommy so Anthony has a slight advantage to win the match today.

As for the match of Lee Hyun Il vs Chong Wei Feng, both players have also been playing well thus far. So very difficult to predict who will win. Of course, Lee Hyun Il golds the advantage because his ranking is higher and he has more playing experience. Besides, Lee Hyun Il is also a very tall and lanky player. He need not run so much at the court and can save more energy. However highly noted as well that Lee Hyun Il really struggled to win over Sameer Verma yesterday and nearly lost the first set yesterday. Chong Wei Feng in the other hand played a very good game yesterday. Although the Kenta Nishimoto is a very tall and lanky player, forcing Chong Wei Feng to run round the court, he is still able to win. Chong Wei Feng is forced to run round the court non stop to catch all the shuttlecock as he is short and small build. He wasted a lot of energy running round the court but the amazing part is he has a good stamina and won't feel tired running round the court. He played well to win yesterday.

So today scenario will be like this. A tall, lanky player vs a short, small build player. Lee Hyun Il need not run but must move forward a step to catch all the shuttlecock which will help him to save a lot of energy. Chong Wei Feng who is small size and short will need to run round the court the whole time to retrieve and catch all the shuttlecock. But the match will be exciting as the outcome is unpredictable.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Once again thanks @ CLELY for giving us such a good summary for the semifinals match today.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Summary of the results at court 1 and 2.
    Court 1 XD
    Huang Kai Xiang / Huang Dongping won Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying 21-19, 21-17.

Court 2 WS
    Saena Kawakami won Katethong Suppanida 21-14, 21-10.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

At court 1 the MD match has just started and Gideon / Kevin leading 8-3 over Liu / Qiu.

At court 2 WS match just started Cheng Chi Ya leading 3-1.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

MD match interval break Gideon / Markus leading 11-6

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Gideon / Kevin won the first set 21-13 at court 1.

Court 2 Fitriani leading 11-8 interval break.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay a brief summary for the XD match.

Both players were interviewed after the match. Huang Kaixiang / Hiuang Dongping felt very happy as they will play in the finals tomorrow. Yes we are very happy. Before the match started we are so confident that we will win the match. Both of us are free of injuries and we have nothing to lose. We follow our game plan playing a very attacking play to win. We are good at the net play too. Both of us compliment each other so well today hence we won. We have the slight advantage to win today because we are seeded 5 in this tournament. Plus the Malaysian player, Goh Liu Ying is not 100% healed yet. I guess going all out throughout the whole tournament that she has played thus far has taken a toll on her. Both of us observed that she was grimacing in pain but she continued to play on never gave up. We are very confident that we will be able to win the gold medals tomorrow if everything goes on well as planned. Overall the Malaysian players are very good too.

Interview for the Malaysian side. Of course both of us felt very sad after losing today. It is like the gold medal is so near and yet so far. Goh Liu Ying admitted that she felt the excruciating pain at her knees while playing today. My partner Chan Peng Soon asked me whether it is okay for me to play on. I said okay just play on. I ignored the pain and put up a good fighting spirit. Chan Peng Soon said we have no regrets as both of us already played to our level best today. I must admit that Goh Liu Ying has been a great player thus far in this tournament. She brave the pain and play on. I knew it wasn't easy for us. Although both of us have aimed to win the gold medal before we came here, both of us also know that it is going to be tough because we are the unranked player and we have to play with so many seeded players. Thus although both of us may feel sad, we are also happy to be able to win the bronze medal after all. At the beginning Goh Liu Ying hesitated to go all out due to the pain at her knees but later on she just went all out and thus our game improved. Our game has improved throughout the match but still it is not enough for us to win. Yes at the beginning we tried to play a defensive game then later moved on to the attacking play. But overall the Chinese XD are really very good and they really deserve to win.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Interview for the WS match at court 2.

Saena Kawakami said that she was very happy to be able to win today. She said that it is not easy for her to win as she is still young but she gave her best and really go all out to attack. She played a very fast attacking game today thus she was able to win the match today. She felt so happy. If I play to my level nest I believe that I have a chance to win the gold medal for Japan tomorrow. I dedicate my win today to my good and best coach ever Park Joo Bong.

Katethong said although I am y have lost today I am still happy because in the end I still win the bronze medal. I am very proud of my achievement in this tournament thus far. I never expect to win any medal here so to be able to win the bronze medal already makers me very happy.