TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2015-Day 7(16th August 2016)- FINALS

Discussion in 'World Championships 2015' started by blabl, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

That interpreter should go hide his head in a bucket.... what a disgrace and with that smug, arrogant look!

Chinese translation = utter failure
    Indonesian translation = utter failure, he did not translate Hendra's mention of how it's INA's national day tomorrow and winning this made him happy.

Can we write in to BWF to complain about this?

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I read it already but no worries. I am very okay now. I already get used to it by now. I have already accepted the fact that Lee Yong dae / yoo Yeon Seong won't have a chance to win anymore gold medals anymore. Their peak time is over. They couldn't change their style of playing, same style. All their opponents could already read their game. They even lose to Goh v shem / tan wee kiong this year. Now I can also read their game and before the match started I already knew the game plan. They will use the game plan of yoo yeon seong covering for Lee Yong dae mistakes. Then I will smash the shuttle to Lee Yong dae and hooray I will also win them. Hi... Hi....

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have not posted for quite a while, neither does Krisna or huangkwokhau. But it was an excellent tourney once again and INA players did not disappoint too!

Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan won their 2nd World Championships titles in home-ground, performing up to expectation especially with their straight-sets victory over Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong in the SF yesterday night. The Final match was a little bit anticlimax towards the end with the INA pair totally dominating and the CHN pair simply did not know how to match the home pair. So, with the All-England title and the Asian Games Individual Event Gold Medal already in their bags, only the Olympics Gold Medal awaits them next year in Rio. I certainly hope they can deliver the Gold Medal!

Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir have an untroubled tourney until they encountered the World No 1 and 2-times World Champions Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei in the SF. It was certainly heart-breaking to see them having 2 match pts saved by the CHN pair in the second-set and they had to leave empty-handed with yet another Bronze Medal in the World Championships.

Credit to Lindaweni Fanetri and Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii for breaking the duck in the WS & WD events. it has been 20 and 18 years respectively since INA won a medal in both events.

So, overall, I would say it has been a successful tourney for the INA team (with the exception of that one heartbreaking loss in XD).

4. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

I feel CL simply outplayed LCW. CL was so much faster around the court, covering almost everything LCW threw at him. LCW, on the other hand, didn't seem as sharp as before - maybe his break away from competitive tournaments didn't help.

Nonetheless, happy to hear CL say that LCW was his senior and LCW's achievements was something that CL himself continues to strive to attain. CL just felt he was more lucky today (this is the chinese translation that the disappointing translator did not pick up....)

5. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

Why do you think their peak time is over? They're still world number 1 and did decent this tournament.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

The 3 Lee's (LXR included) continue to be jinxed at WC's.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh no worries I said this due to their inconsistent performance this year. No worries. I am okay. I would also be happy if they can still continue to win as Olympic 2016 is not over yet.

8. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Absolutely. The translation was disgraceful and paints the players in a different light altogether.

9. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Badmania, it has been long time since you, Hauge and Krisna post anything here.

Yes I would say succesful tournament and glory for Ina, esp Linda, I kinda hope Greys/Nitya win gold but oh well they tried thier best.
    Ahsan/Hendra are our reliable asset in big occasion. They kinda have "that luck" in big stage.
    Well no word for Owi/Butet, one point sealed their fate :(

PS : I kinda like Greysia hairdo when she was in podium :p

Disappointment in ms where they failed miserably but I believe in no time Christie or Ihsan will arise for occasion.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    only got 3 out of 5 wrong. i seem to be off-form lately. :D

btw LCW... sigh. poor dude. forever #2.

11. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Greysia/Nitya played awfully yesterday. They only lift lift and lift.
    when zyl/tq reaches around 15 points,they suddently woke up and ffought back.
    but it was way too late. What happened? Wrong strategy?

12. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Heavy burden of expectations finally caught up with them or my silly theory maybe they felt asleep for have to wait so long to play :p

13. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I find it ironic that people actually thought LCW was going to beat Chen Long. At least the majority of badminton forum voted for Chen Long. Provided Chen Long plays his game, there is no way LCW can win.

It's only when Chen Long has a lapse of concentration (ie. Kevin Cordon, Kenichi Tago) that LCW would be able to pounce on him.

Chen Long is on another level than all the other players now. Only the 2014 Asian Games version of LD could defeat him. But as of today, nobody is on Chen Long's level.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, it's not like LCW schooled him like a little boy in the 2012 OG or anything.... ;)

15. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    The thing about schooling someone is that... they might just learn and eventually catch up or, in Chen Long's case, supersede.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Also helps if you have 3-4 coaches analysing every little aspect of that particular opponent's game and then adapt your training accordingly....CL has been trained to beat LCW for years now, constantly improving defense and consistency when he actually started out as an attacking player...
    Again, not taking anything away from him, I certainly couldnt beat LCW with 10 coaches :D but you shouldn't put CL head and shoulders above the rest of MS. He got challenged, and I have high hopes that eventually we'll see a fierce competition for that #1 spot again.

17. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I think Chen Long today was comparable to Chen Long in the Asian games finals last year. Don't forget that Chen Long won the WC last year as well. LD was still in form last year and showed Chen Long who the real boss was.

IMO, last years Asian game finals between LD and Chen Long was the highest level of badminton played for some time. I have never seen LD defend like he did at the Asian games final.

Pity that LD this year is probably 1/3 of LD from last year. But it's still fun to see LD play as he is a living legend, even if we don't expect him to win anything anymore.

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Watch Victor Ax............. ;)

19. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    On the contrary... I don't put CL head and shoulders above the rest of the MS. As you've rightly pointed out, he was probably tuned specifically to beat LCW in this championships. Viktor Axelsen was the only one this week that came close to unravelling Chen Long's game.

I would still rate LCW at the very top simply because of his sheer consistency. I don't think he's lost to anyone in the past two seasons other than Chen and Lin, and... Simon Santoso (but that was an anomaly).

20. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I think they are carrying a heavy burden as the sole INA WD, and everyone has started to have a high expectation on them. As Greysia said #comebackstronger ! I am actually diaspointed with their perfomance yesterday, think they got jinx with Qing Tian, they have beaten all of the chinese combination. But they have been so consistent this year, at least they havent lost to any non chn pair, losing to Qing Tian/TJH in australia and indonesia open, and this time lost to QT/ZYL. Good luck for them. They will be in top 3 soon