VIVO BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2015 : FINAL (17th May 2015)

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2015' started by CLELY, May 16, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Dongfeng Nissan Sports Center, Dongguan-Guangdong Province, CHN

Official website : http://en.dongguansudirman2015.com/

CHN time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

FINAL (02.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=2DB73EE0-97F1-4387-A72F-52B49FBE4586

Japan will challenge defending champion China, a mouth watering final duel at stake. Eleventh final for the star-studded China team since 1995, an absolute record and they only failed once at 2003 edition, lost to KOR. Japan has proved they are very dangerous in team event following Thomas Cup triumphant last year. Nothing to lose and underdog status presented unbeliveable fighting spirit to dispose strong KOR team. Kazuno/Kurihara lower rank didn't describe different level of play with world #8 Ko/Kim who looked stressful and couldn't cope their nervous.

No impossible mission for Japan team to upset hot favourite China once again after 2014 Thomas Cup sensational story. On paper, China will lift Sudirman Cup for 10th time but Japan could derail their victory and create new history. The line-up order will determine both team chance today, CHN has advantage for XD, MS category and JPN is favoured to seal WD point while WS and MD will give equal chance since Li Xuerui performance has not yet back to her best form.

The line-up => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...DB73EE0-97F1-4387-A72F-52B49FBE4586&match=443

MD, Fu Haifeng/Zhang Nan v Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa
    H-2-H : 0-1

WS, Li Xuerui v Akane Yamaguchi
    H-2-H : 2-0

MS, Lin Dan v Takuma Ueda
    H-2-H : 1-0

WD, Ma Jin/Tang Yuanting v Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi
    H-2-H : 2-0

XD, Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei v Kenta Kazuno/Ayane Kurihara
    H-2-H : 0-0

Zhang Nan will play twice, MD and XD respectively. Surprisingly that Japan doesn't field Nozomi Okuhara who performed superbly against Sung Ji Hyun last night and their #1 MS Kento Momota. Let's see whether Japan could stretch China into last match.

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I think CHN dare to place ZN in the MD because they expect ZN would not require to play the last match :D

3. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Great summary as usual CLELY. Very hyped to watch this final.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

What's your prediction sis? CHN or JPN?

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Those Japanese players are indeed very good that they all have relatively clean H2H records against those Chinese stars, comparatively to many players from other nations, nothing exceed two nil here. Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa even have surplus record over Fu Haifeng/Zhang Nan.

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Under this order of play, I am very much sceptical that we gonna see the further shows in WD and XD :rolleyes: ,,, another time another chance

7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

HE/KH's record against Chinese players is quite respectable. LXR's condition is still not proven. These are matches to watch. Other matches are pretty lopsided.

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I want Japan to win, but I have to accept the fact that CHN will win :D
    MD is crucial for both team.

9. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    It's possible for China to win it in 3-0 based on the line-up, it depends on how Li Xuerui will perform.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes have to agree that Japan is really rising up. It is all thanks to their good coach park joo bong. Without park, Japan made the right choice to hire him as their coach. Congratulations Japan for getting a good coach. Of course I am sad as well that park joo bong prefers to coach in Japan than Korea. Well that speaks a lot for Japan performance. It took park joo bong ten years to raise up the standard of Japan badminton. Not bad and patience certainly pays. As for Korea I already knew from the start that their performance has not been very consistent all this while. Yes, Korea have good MD but nowadays Lee Yong dae / yoo yeon seong can also easily lose to lower rank players. However, I still believe that China can win over Japan 3-0 tonight because they have a more well balanced team.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Japanese money is bigger than the Korean one :p

I wonder whether Park Joo Bong is married to a Korean or a Japanese woman, seeing his continuous stay there over a decade.

12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Japan has to thanks him for choosing to stay until 2016. 2016 is just around the corner, what will be his decision after that? To stay or to leave?

His children, wife, are all settled down in Japan. I hope he will keep staying with the NBA.

http://www.badzine.net/news/park-joo-bong-stays-in-tokyo-after-all/22369/

13. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    How long ago was Zhang/Fu got beaten by the Japanese first double? I think if Zhang/Fu win the men double the scoreline is most likely 3:0. I expect LXR to win tonight. This men double is very important. I have no surprise that the chinese team field Zhang Nan in the men double. But, I think they probably could have considered to field Xu Chen/ Ma Jin in the mix double and put Zhao YunLei with TYT.

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

same thing as you for WD and XD, but guess LYB may not be confident in XC/MJ for taking up responsibility at important moment as the deciding match 5.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Li Yong Bo is not confident at all. Zhang Nan playing both events says a lot. I still go for a 3-1, 3-2 win for China. I hope we can see the Tang/Ma combination in play.

I love this line up. Chen Long is not chosen because of unpredictability.

As mentioned, the men's doubles is crucial. A loss of the first match for China will put the Chinese team under a lot of psychological pressure.

A mouth watering clash in the ladies singles. There was enough in last night's semifinal to worry about Nozomi. Firstly recovery time. Second, Nozomi is a bit susceptible to body smashes. Akane is slightly different and physically fresh. Great choice by Japan.

#15 Cheung, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    yes. But I hope not. We want more badminton!!

17. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Zhang/Fu were defeated by Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa 21-14 16-21 12-21 in last November 2014 in THAIHOT CHINA OPEN. But today I have great confidence that they gonna do the revanche.

Btw your suggested line-up is superior as well. I think pairing Zhao Yunlei with Tang Yuanting will result in the most lethal WD pair!

I somehow feel that the XD pair Xu/Ma are getting lower and lower vote of confidence due to their a little less reliable performances lately.

18. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Go Japan! Win the Sudirman cup!

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    gambateh nihon! Gambateh nihon! Ippon ippon ippon :d

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Thomas Cup Champs = Japan
    Uber Cup Champs = China
    Sudirman Cup Champs = China. Err, I mean, Japan. Err, let's wait till end of the match ...... wakakakaka.