Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by xsakurax, May 25, 2014.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i watched them play against the 2 Mads of Denmark, yesterday in the All England.... really mediocre. Biggest problem, as i see it, in this match at least... no creativity, their play is predictable and were unable to adjust their tactics according to opponents.. The Mads team were able to read their play in just the first few minutes .. from then on. .its a gone case... I am not too optimistic with this doubles teams future...

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    GVS played badly. Many half court shots. TWK was slighly better with some creative shots.

3. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    maybe because GVS not fully recovered from his injury? I do put high hopes for this pairing.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry no offense here. Recently both Goh / Tan reached the finals of the Swiss Open 2015 and they win the silver medals. Wow fantastic. My friend told me that this 2 pairs only played together for a while, less than a year, but their ranking now is world no 45. Amazing. They also won the bronze medals for this year grand Prix gold Malaysia open. Wow. by the way who is the best men doubles player in Malaysia now? Yes you are right Goh V Shem is still injured. My friend said both his left and right knee is injured.

5. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    The pair will be playing at the Malaysian Open this April... facing Chai Biao and Hong Wei of China as their first opponent. I'll be there to see how they play!

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

hope got live telecast or stream to watch them play...

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Go to the stadium. Your location says you are in KL. BAM needs your financial support.

8. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    Yes I know that. They also won the Commonwealth games last year :)

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Both these 2 players really impressed me a lot. Despite only playing together only consistently after the Commonwealth Games 2014 in August, they have shown great improvement. Despite only playing together for 7 months their world ranking is no 44 this week. Amazing. Imagine how hard they work to improve on their world rankings. This is amazing.

I read in the news that even Lee Chong Wei himself is putting high hopes on them to spring some surprise in the Malaysian Open 2015 next week to reach the finals. Well, I think they can do it. They entered the finals of the Swiss Open 2015 two weeks ago. Despite losing to Cai Yun / Lu Kai, they certainly put up a good fight. They lose the first match 19-21. However they came back strongly to win the second set 21-14. Unfortunately they lose in the third set 21-17.

I certainly see that both these players have the potential to go far. Congratulations. Goh V Shem as I know has injuries on both his left and right knee but he still continue playing despite the injuries. I really salute him. His never giving up spirit is commendable. I hope his knee injuries will heal soon. :)

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

so far i am still unimpressed with them still, despite recent successes. IMHO they still have a ways to go even to reach the heights of that other illustrious malaysian partnership. But i sure do hope they prove me wrong and put me to shame.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes you may be right. Sorry but I think most of the Malaysian players are not talented but they are hardworking. I knew both of them are hardworking players. I read the news about both of them skipping Chinese new year celebration for training to prepare for tournaments. Sometimes being hardworking is not enough. I think both of them are lack of talent. Plus goh v shem serious knee injuries also add hampers him from moving around the court freely. I could have just imagined how painful it is for him to play at such a fast speed at the court plus doing lots of powerful high jump smashes too. I am impressed with his willingness to play despite injuries. However, lack of talent is also a course of concern. :)

12. @@@@@

@@@@@ Regular Member

not working
    Wow recently heard that this player has become a star player after both of them reached the Swiss Open Finals 2015. I will never forget the epic moments of them vs Cai Yun / Lu Kai in the finals. Although they may have lost, I will never forget both of their great commitments at the court. Both of them fought hard to win points after points in the tournament. I think they deserve a credit after playing so well thus far. I will never forget their good performance during the Thomas Cup 2014. All the best in future tournaments.

13. @@@@@

@@@@@ Regular Member

not working
    Besides both of them also won the Commonwealth Games gild medals in team events and individual events. Besides that, they also won the bronze medals in team events and individual events in Asia Games. Having playing together only for 7 months consistently, they certainly have proven that they are good as their world ranking has improved from 0 to no 44. Good Luck to both of you in future tournaments.

14. @@@@@

@@@@@ Regular Member

not working
    Sorry corrections here. I mean Commonwealth Games gold medals.

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

let's see if this pair can fair well in coming Singapore Open SS this week when they face the reigned Malaysia Open SSP MD champion Ahsan/Setiawan...

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow I am very amazed by this pair achievements. They only played together consistently for 7 months and this week their world ranking already shoot up no 33. Wow so good. Imagine both of them ranking in the world is 0 when they started this partnership. This is indeed a good sign. Noticed that Goh V Shem knees are injured. I just hope that both of them will continue to perform well despite injuries.

17. Edmund96

Edmund96 Regular Member

-
    Wow they just beat Lee Yong Dae and Yoo Yeon Seong

18. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    LYD wasn't at his best, and got called 6/7 times for a service fault. But, you can't take anything away from GVS and TWK's performance. It seems they can really thrive under pressure at the big tournaments. I can definitely see them develop into a World Number 1 partnership.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    They got the qualities but inconsistent.

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

They are still incredibly inconsistent, fast-paced attacking game but makes a lot of errors which prevent them from rising into a top pair. For now, they are still just a decent pair with potential. Great win over LYD/YYS though!