OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 : FINALS (12th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS), Singapore City-SIN

Total prize-money : US$300,000

Tournament website : http://www.singaporebadmintonopen.com.sg/

Tournament time-table : http://www.singaporebadmintonopen.co...schedules.html

Ticket information : http://www.singaporebadmintonopen.com.sg/ticketing.html

Singapore time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

FINALS Order of Play => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...0297AC-79BF-4735-AA2E-FC458AFFA7DC&d=20150412

Badminton giant China has representatives in almost all categories except MS as their leading man Chen Long suffered early exit on Thursday. First ever final in SS event for Kento Momota, Sun Yu, Pratama/Suwardi, Ou DN/Yu XH and Lu K/Huang YQ.

XD, Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei (CHN) v Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong (CHN)
    Head-to-head stats : 0-0
    The formidable Zhang/Zhao is clear favourite to win back to back SS, third title in 2015 as they also sealed victory in Birmingham, what a superb start of this year. China XD pairs are really dominant in Superseries event as they sweep all four titles so far, All England-India SS-Malaysia Premier and Singapore SS.

WD, Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Ou Dongni/Yu Xiaohan (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-1
    Two finals in three weeks, pretty consistent result by world #1 Matsutomo/Takahashi, they lost to Ou/Yu at first round last week in Kuala Lumpur and the outcome may be reversed today against China upcoming pair. The top-seed disposed former world champion Wang/Yu with combination of attacking and solid defence, interesting development by the Japanese pair.

MS, Hu Yun (HKG) v Kento Momota (JPN)
    H-2-H : 3-4
    The most surprising final duel between 33 years old Hu Yun v 21 y.o Kento Momota, none could predict both of them will meet at last round but they defy all odds to realize it. Based on their head to head, the Japanese rising talent is favoured to win as he eliminated Hu Yun tamely in MAS Premier last week, but don't underestimate this vast experience HKG player. Similar pattern for Hu Yun after JPN Open last June when he beat two big names there, Chen Long and Jorgensen before finished as runner-up lost to Lee Chong Wei. So, who will win today? One thing for sure, we have one new Superseries champion.

WS, Tai Tzu Ying (TPE) v Sun Yu (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-3
    Fourth meeting of Tai TY-Sun Y, same age between two players, they met once at junior stage. The Taiwanese Tai always losing to the Chinese at previous encounters, one of her losing happened in today final's same venue two years ago. It will be exciting showndown to watch, how a creative player Tai TY will apply strategy to cope tall Sun Yu who shows rapid improvement lately.

MD, Angga Pratama/Ricky Karanda Suwardi (INA) v Fu Haifeng/Zhang Nan (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-0
    Second final in this year after All England last month for Fu HF/Zhang N and on paper prediction this could be their own but the underdog Pratama/Suwardi may derail their ambition, the INA back up pair performed excellently to shock hot fave Lee YD/Yoo YS also third seed Endo/Hayakawa in thrilling match yesterday, will they do it again in final?

#1 CLELY, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Looking forward to the MS and WS.

3. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

4 days of watching 'live' and returned home tired, intanon and ahsan/setiawa out, decide to catch the finals at home.

looking forward to next year edition at the indoor stadium.

4. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Hu Yun deserves to be the winner. I like to see him in the podium with gold medal . No offense to Kento momota. In this tournament, Hu yun did more than imagination . If HuYun wins this tournament, is this his first superseries title?

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I like both MS finalists but quietly hoping for the veteran HY to win.

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

China vs China yet another walkover. This time in the XD. Good stuff China! Nice one.

7. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

China turning every fans against them. conserve zhangnan's energy for the MD final, as pointed by my friend.

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Good tactics! What a mockery China is making badminton (or has already made badminton). I'm glad I actually enjoy playing badminton in my real life - it'd be too depressing to just take pleasure from following these apparent "professionals" hehe.

9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

walkover again. So today's session can finish earlier :D

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yes, it would be first ever SS title for Hu Yun.

And this isn't first time for Singapore badminton fans, sis :D
    The walkover in final day also happened four years ago when Chen Jin grabbed MS title without playing against Lin Dan => http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...3B8420-BBC4-40F5-88CB-FBF34143C75B&d=20110619

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Sis, also the first ever title to Momota if he won. Haha... Not even Tago, Sasaki have ever won a SS title. :p
    Yes, I remember that MS. Many fans were complaining when LD was trying to make a statement. Haha

12. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The BWF President should have a coffee with LYB and his boss.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow unexpectedly another walkover from China. Wow what a surprise. I thought that I will be able to watch a good MX finals today. Then there is a walkover today. I am so disappointed today. Anyway all the matches in the finals will be very exciting too. I think the MS, MD, WS and WD matches will be very exciting today so I am still looking forward to watch today finals.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Sun Yu is lower in rank than TTY. But Sun Yu has a 3-0 head-2-head record against TTY!!!

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Come to think of it, this is puzzling.

A Singapore Open title does not mean all that much to Zhang Nan, Fu HaiFeng or the Chinese team. If anything, today's matches would be a good test to see if ZN's playing two events is a viable option. If ZN needs a walkover to play this Indonesian pair, it would mean that he is not fit enough to play two events. It is better to find out now than in Rio.

16. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Good decision by China camp, I can't believe the organizers put the MD as the last match, maybe they secretly want Zhang Nan to be tired by the time his playing in the MD opposite the Indonesian pair.

Anyway, I'm excited for the WS match, I was shocked that Sun Yu defeated Wang Shixian yesterday.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    So many days and hours of sitting inside the super cold SIS have strained my back a little. But I hope to play some badminton today in the late afternoon to exercise it away.

So the CHN XD walkover is a relief. But I won't attend the finals today and will instead stay put at home to watch on TV, which I prefer as I could see the players clearly. I may miss the WS and MD but I hope to catch the MS. There will be different angles provided by the camera and this is most welcome.

My prediction of the winners:
    WD: JPN
    MS: JPN
    WS: TPE
    MD: INA

(Actually I also hope Hu Yun will win to reward him with so many years of contribution to the game.)

18. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    My Prediction for today's matches:

WD: China
    MS: Hong Kong
    WS: Chinese Taipei
    MD: China

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    prediction:

WD: Misaki/Ayaka
    MS: Momota
    WS: I'd love to see TTY win this, but the h2h seems to favor the Sun Yu
    MD: Fu/Zhang

20. kirana

kirana Regular Member

No my friend, actually the organiser is helping the MD China pair to win as they expect the Mixed double match will be a Walkover, so they put the MD match as the last match to give the MD China Pair more time to rest, especially ZN;):D

I am surprised people is still shocked about the WO:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.