Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (7th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

If you watch enough of LD, you should know that messing around is one of his trade-marks. I still remember that in one of the Korean Open Finals against LCW, LD had the match well in hand and suddenly shut down and lost the match. There are many other examples.

In this particular case, LD was likely just to save himself for another day. LD is still recovering from injury and not in form to challenge a highly motivated CL who happens to be the best badminton player at the moment.

2. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Since when is expecting to win considered arrogant and delusional? It's called self belief. I guess I am dealing with cultural barriers here.

I do not doubt that there are many arrogant women in India. But Saina never struck me as one of them. Same with Sindhu.
    In fact ask yourself a simple question - can an arrogant lady have the kind of fan following, especially the amount of MALE fan following, that Saina has?
    Saina may behave a little naive and childish at times, but she is definitely not arrogant.
    Also, when Saina loses she very rarely gives excuses. Most of the times her response is "I really tried my best, but couldn't win".
    And she takes the necessary measures to get better next time. This also makes her more credible when she does give excuses.

The padma award issue you mentioned was another occasion where she acted childish without thinking - but it wasn't arrogance.
    She never really "demanded" it. That's a gross misrepresentation of what happened. But that's Indian media for you.
    Now to explain the full story to an outsider - I have to write 2 or more pages, and so I am not going there.

Or consider the controversy during world championships.
    Saina merely said that the Chinese players are really tough and there should be quotas and restrictions to give other teams a chance.
    I don't agree with Saina, but she merely gave a naive opinion. LXR's reply- " Let her beat me first. Then she can talk", on the other hand, is plain disrespectful.
    But it's OK. I understand that the competition is very tough in China. :rolleyes:LOL.

In fact, I don't dislike Carolina Marin either. I have read a lot of comments against her, but I find her somewhat funny and interesting.
    But haters gonna hate. So who am I talking to.

3. Airos

Airos Regular Member

yes, precisely!
    You put it better than I did.

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Some people might dislike Saina's attitude on court, and the same with Marin (though with Marin I think there is a big bunch of people who does not approve on her court manner), and with WSX, or others. That is very natural and makes our sport more enjoyable.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If he had put it as beating many 'excellent' players, it would have been perfect. There's too much emphasis on countries in badminton. Wish it can be more on the individual. I am not saying totally excluding the country of origin - just that we can focus more on players rather than lumping all players into factions.

It's something about the whole system.

#325 Cheung, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

You did not defend anything, Where did it say " picked from birth to play badminton"????????????????

English is your first language yet this is what you came up with?? Show some humility, give others credit when credit is due.

7. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

If what you said is true, then you are implying Indian people are arrogant and delusional like Saina herself, expecting her to win EVERY tournament when she hasn't won any major titles, no track record to speak of.

LOL, I'm not China. I have no problem with Saina beating Chinese or take the titles. I merely commented that abt her arrogance.

8. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

That is not the interview. You are deceitful.

Here is her interview, after she beat Sun yu.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...land-Badminton-final/articleshow/46485719.cms

"It's a big hurdle because many people think I should get to the final anyway - and that I should win every tournament I play," Saina said.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Who is arrogant here.. Blaming a player unnecessarily makes you look good ??... She has done more than many here. She is the first indian to win a superseries title. She is the first indian to win a olympic medal in badminton. She is the first indian woman to reach an ALL England final. She is the first indian women player to sign a mega contract for a sport which is not at all considered to be the main one. So how many do you want...??

I am forwarding this to Moderators.. This guy is making some unnecessary offensive language against a particular nation. Definitely he has problem with indians . Before it goes out of hand, i want moderators to take necessary steps to prevent this to happen.

#329 scorpion1, Mar 7, 2015
  10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

I am not deceitful.. Anyway who cares what you think.. She is lovely. So that some of anti saina remarks will arise because of jealous..:D

11. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Who in the right mind would demand an award, then kicked up a media storm claiming she is more deserving than her fellow countrymen ? That is sheer arrogance. Not childish or naive.

After Saina made such unsporting statement abt limiting chinese players, no one can blame LXR for saying what she said. You're clearly bias.

Yes, Carolina Marin mannerism is bad too. I called a spade a spade.

#331 Cinetti, Mar 7, 2015
  12. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

You are deceitful, you intentionally posted a different interview attempting to fool others.

LOL, why should I be jealous? I don't complete with her, I'm not against team India.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    OK then let me clear the award thing to you first..
    Surely Sushil Kumar is more deserving player(wrestling) but if you have a glance over the rules..it states that once you receive a padma shree..and continue to do well then after five years you are eligible and if nominated you'll be awarded padma bhushan..
    Saina got padma shree five years back but Sushil's five year tenure isn't over..
    She said I am happy and congratulated Sushil the only two time individual OG maedalist but as the rules state she should've received it..so she passed a comment regarding nomination of both of then together not alone..(cant remember the exact words)..

14. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

I'm debating on the subject. You are the one making accusation. Where did I make offensive language against a nation???????????

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Exactly.. Let's not further discuss about this. Since this useless of discussing about a player who did not say anything wrong.. [MENTION=15311]CLELY[/MENTION] has opened a thread for today's final. Let's talk about today's matches instead of somebody's accusations against a player who did not say anything wrong.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    So, did i say that indian people are arrogant and dilusional ?? . Who said that ? So, you come to judge the whole 110 crore people ?? DOES IT MAKES GOOD ??

I posted the saina's interview again here given by badzine.. But you keep on using your objectional statements against the same player.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Exactly and even if someone has any grudges or arguments he/she may visit Saina's thread for the sake of God

18. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

When will you debate rationally? This is what you said:

My reply to your post:

English is not my first language, yet I can comprehend and reason better.

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Even English is not my first language. This is what you call reasoning...?? If saina says that indians want her to win all the tournaments she enters, then it is the fact. What's wrong in it?? Every fan will try to support his/her fan and wants a title from them.. That's why we are here . What's wrong in asking their country player to win tournamens, which made you give so many offensive statements against a particular nation. Just because they ask saina to win tournaments make them arrogant and delusional??? How stupid is this ??

20. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Didn't you posted a different interview to fool other, now you intentionally left out the word, "every" LOL.

"It's a big hurdle because many people think I should get to the final anyway - and that I should win every tournament I play," Saina said. LOL, every.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.