Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (7th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    http://www.badzine.net/news/all-england-sf-indonesians-to-go-for-fourth/33858/

And just like before you just talk with half information...even in this statement here " (Didn't she "demand" to be nominated for Indian sports person award, LOL.)"

2. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

So every badminton lover expect her to win EVERY tournament she participates in??? Are you saying all Indian badminton lovers are equally boastful and delusional as Saina?? LOL, it's she herself who made it up.

I'm free to make a comment. No?

#302 Cinetti, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  3. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Half information??

1)
    "It's a big hurdle because many people think I should get to the final anyway - and that I should win every tournament I play." Saina nehwal.

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/badminton...meet-carolina-marin-in-all-england-open-final

2) Saina blasts sports ministry, demands Padma Bhushan award

"Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal Saturday lambasted the sports ministry for its refusal to consider her for the prestigious Padma Bhushan this year and demanded that she be conferred the country's third highest civilian honour alongside wrestling icon Sushil Kumar."

Source: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/451316/saina-blasts-sports-ministry-demands.html

#303 Cinetti, Mar 7, 2015
  4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I don't think Saina is arrogant at all. But she's definitely oozing confidence right now. She's definitely taken a level up in consistency. I actually don't think her skill levels have changed at all - she's always been highly skilled and a good retriever. I think what's changed is that her stamina and fitness have improved hugely. She's now matching the "physical-ness" of the Chinese girls (who clearly have been "picked from birth" to only play badminton and train like there's no tomorrow).

Saina is also inspired by her cricket team doing so well no doubt!

5. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance here...depending on one's perspective one can classify Nehwal's words as one or the other, but between posters we should just live and let live.

However, the above poster is unfortunately wrong and very disingenuous about how the Chinese girls have 'clearly been picked from birth only to play badminton and train like there's no tomorrow.'

Not only is it a dangerous piece of misinformation but fundamentally it's an insult to their efforts and a clumsy attempt to 'explain away' their success. If the above poster actually thinks this they should uh, re-evaluate their opinions on why Nehwal has been able to find little success against the chinese WS players and indeed complains about the presence of Chinese women in draws.

6. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

If SN has always been highly skilled, she would've have won at least a few major titles, but in many of those tournaments she lost to non-Chinese players. Are you going to say those non-Chinese too "have been picked from birth to play badminton?" There's no such thing as "pick from birth." Absurdity! Show some intelligence and class, give credit when credit is due.

It's a fact SN has improved tremendously after changing her coach. It's also a fact that she has alway been arrogant and full of herself.

#306 Cinetti, Mar 7, 2015
  7. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Where is like button:crying:

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Sort of going off topic, but I guess I have to defend my comments:
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...s-feared-it-would-disturb-her-training-2012-8

To be honest though, most successful athletes make a lot of sacrifices bla bla bla. It's just that in my experience, the media seem to make a lot of noise on the Chinese.

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

There are many players who are "highly skilled" who haven't won a single title. It seems your definition of "highly skilled" is different to mine. I think you mean "highly successful"?

Anyway, Saina is feeding off the confidence of her highly skilled AND highly successful Indian cricket team. Perhaps she will also find success in this All England "major".

10. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

But she hasn't said that, you are twisting her words. She just says what Indian fans expect of her, she is big star over there so she is hardly exaggerating. I don't think you can speak for her Indian fans.

#310 samir12, Mar 7, 2015
  11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, I really don't know what the big deal is. I suspect English may not be some people's first language etc? Very easy to misinterpret some comments, especially if you already have a negative premise to begin with.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I like Saina's comments. Spices up the game no end. She has character and will always be followed intensely. Even when she reaches her post-badminton playing career, she will be making bold statements that the newspapers will make the most of.

Arrogant? Hmm, well, a lot of people have 'expansive' comments. Sorry if I stereotype but many Indians make that sort of comment :)

She has done great to get to the final. For a long time, she looked lethargic and slightly overweight. She has turned things around and that's great to see. I don't see her footwork and rhythm having changed much. Difficult to change (as I have previously stated), but she has made it less of a liability with losing weight.

Looking forward to this ladies singles final (and the other finals too!)

13. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    At least they don't do drugs like LCW.

14. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Of course there is a bias against the Chinese, Chinese are far too superior in the badminton world. Even the fans of other countries in this forum are usually against the Chinese players. You can't blame them if their favorite players keep on loosing.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    She is lovely... She has expressed what whole indian people are expecting from her. What's wrong in it in saying what she was asked to do so. Anything to do with you ?? :D

If you have to say something against a player who has been in the circuit for many years as one of top 5, then it is not good(whole world now knows who is arrogant). Have you been to india before?? Do you know what people of india are expecting from her?? Even if she sneezes in twitter, that is becoming big nowadays ;). So, how come you know that whatever she said was delusion.. Lol.

She has done good by beating the last chinese in the tournament.. So that we can hear so many anti saina comments arise.. Funny to read those..;):D

#315 scorpion1, Mar 7, 2015
  16. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    You are overly bothered by Chinese dominance.

17. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    And what are you insinuating? malicious thinking as usual from a ROW fan.

18. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Hoping that CM wins in the finals, it will be nice to see someone from a country like Spain winning in a Super Series premier.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Insinuating lol. I am not insinuating, did you watch the match? LD either personally couldn't be bothered or he was told to lose. Simple he was totally messing around.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    @Cinetti .

Here you go.. This is the complete interview of saina nehwal .

“Both Chinese players were tough games, I played yesterday very well, and today but I was a bit sluggish.”

“You can’t do much against her [Sun Yu] as she’s too tall, she can catch you out at any step, and it only takes her one stretch to reach what takes us three or four steps.”

Indians are very emotional and attach a lot to their sports, they expect a lot from you and it is difficult to perform all the time, they expect Saina should win this, she should win that. I just try to block it out, I like to watch Shahrukh Khan films to take my mind off it. And when I play I just pretend it’s not the All England.”

Usually i never read badzine. But after your blunt comments, i had to dig deep to search for the actual comments made by saina. You know why these news papers spice things up when it comes to top players . Now, i think you understand now what she really said.

Thanks to badzine.

Here is the link if you want to read the whole news ..

http://www.badzine.net/news/all-england-sf-indonesians-to-go-for-fourth/33858/

#320 scorpion1, Mar 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.