Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (7th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton

#61 Sundis, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I saw that Lee Hyun Il will play in some of the upcoming superseries tournaments, maybe he can save korean badminton.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay then hope Lee Hyun Il can save korean badminton but then again he is getting old 35 years old going to be 36 years old this year. Thanks. Any other suggestions to add on here?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It doesn't look like it...:(

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

There is another option. Watch the live scores through the bwf website since there will be no matches aired life for court 2.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

7. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Put more focus on developing badminton talent, less on K-pop music and silly TV drama.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Off-topic: Do you know what's (one of) the highest prize money now for a table tennis international tournament, the pro-Tour, for example ?

Answer (just saw it flashed on TV): The GAC Group World Tour, German Open, Bremen - Super Series for USD 3 m (Three Million).

This despite CHN's longstanding dominance in the sport.

9. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    As a fan of Korean badminton, esp. from the doubles department, I´m also sad about this outcome...
    But to be fair, only Lee/Yoo and Son Wan Ho underperformed... And even these two loses can be partly explained: Mads and Mads have been on fire and see they entered the semifinal even though the draw was not too tough until now after beating the world no.1s. SWH lost to an homecountry player, who always want to perform a bit better in front of "his audience". And the first round is always one of the toughest especially against dangerous opponents. Getting used to all the circumstances, etc.
    Still their exits were unexpected... But at the top everything is pretty close!

For the WD: Korea is experiencing for quite some time and all girls are in the top of the world, but not the best of the best. That´s why they are quite close in matches against the top Chn, Den and Ina WD top pairs (many three setters) but come short in the end... There seems to miss that special thing that makes the CHN WD so dominant. Btw only on occasions other countries can break this CHN dominance in WD. They have at least 5 topclass WD and play against each other in the SF of the AE now.

JSH was at best 50:50 vs. Marin, so it can go either way in a QF. Bae always has a tough time vs. WSX. Kim showes some promise to accomplish the other two girls.

Ko played with Choi, a youngster, who needs time to adjust and ko is also not the most consistent player. For MX Ko lost in a close match vs the dominant world no. 1 pairing of zhang/zhao, that seemed to have been a good match, but the odds for Korea here were pretty slim of course.
    Kim Ki Jung just recovered form his sugery (iirc something with his shoulder), so you cant expect too much from them even though i thought they should go further. But the young JPN pair is always good for an upset (bomo also needed three sets)...

Shin wasn´t there for MX and MD and Yoo didn´t play MX with Eom as well. so there were two strong korean mx missing.

So overall disappointing but way to early to say there is an down trend... I would only expect Lee/Yoo, Kim/Kim, SJH and SWH to regularly enter SFs and better...

If there is something to really worry about it is Malaysia... They are in a deep hole now. They have no worldclass players anymore atm as long as LCW is banned. Well, MD Goh and Tan are a little bit promising, but Tan Boon Heong left BAM :crying: (any news about how his carrier will continue or will he quit?)... No worldclass WD, no MS, no WS, no MX (or did I oversee someone?).
    That is making me sad. Especially if you remember last years succes at the Thomas Cup...

10. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Peanuts for pro-tour, prize money for champion around US$10,000-15,000. World championship goes up to US$50,000.

11. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

you know what i mean.

what wisdom? let me know.

it's up to them.

am i trolling? chn is known for that things. wo & match fixing. be honest.

12. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Bumped into some of the Chinese national players in the flight from London to Beijing... Li Xuerui, Chai Biao, Hong Wei, Wang Zhengming, Xu Chen & Ma Jin. All were polite and obliging to taking photos. Hong Wei was quite a gentleman, helping fellow passengers retrieve their bags...

For all their competitiveness and tactics, they really are a humble lot!

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To put it bluntly, if Team KOR has to rely on the aging stalwart Lee Hyun-Il to deliver the goods, it will be a sad day for KOR badminton, in MS at least.

Personally, I find it to believe KOR badminton is in the doldrums, the unusual setback here in the AE is just temporary and an isolated case.

How is it possible that Team KOR which months ago won MS Gold and WS Silver in the Incheon Asian Games Team Championships suddenly descend into crisis in such a short span of time ? Maybe possible, but highly improbable.

blabl, be patient, let's see the next few months. I can tell you're a staunch supporter of KOR badminton but I'm a bit concerned that you're seem too emotionally involved and overly anxious whenever KOR loses. Pardon my presumptuousness, perhaps you just want to engage others in conversation as the written word alone cannot accurately reflect your state of mind.

14. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I wish Zhao Yunlei and Ma Jin will stay out from these WD Oly better to ONLY focus on their XDs.

Tougher thing will be for Zhang Nan for ZN/FHF is de facto CHN best MD pair atm, and they do not have the luxury of choices in MD as in the WD.

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So it begins... :D

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Put your hands together for the Sfinalists here they come with expectations loaded on their shoulders..
    We expect a power pack evening all the best everyone may the best player/pair win :)

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I was not referring to you. I agree with you that W/O and match fixing are wrong. And China is indeed guilty of many things.

But depriving millions of fans from around the world from watching the reigning Olympic and World Champions is simply wrong.

I agree "commercial" interest is important, but BWF's conduct has gone too far.

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Stupid star sports showing a post match discussion of cricket..8 mins past haven't tune to AE

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Perfect defense right on the first point.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sun Yu seldom smashes twice in a row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.