Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (7th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I perfectly understand that the interest of the sponsor is important.

But if all reigning Olympic and World Champions are on the non-TV court, it is wrong.

(The only exception is Carolina.)

#21 pcll99, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    let me know which sports have the 5 disciplines played on the same day and televised sequentially.

3. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    Im not China die hard fan but I would like to watch one of the WD match in SF. why the hell we have two WS match on tv court? would be great if the put Bao/Tang vs Tang/Zhong on court 1. so now we are not following the WS,MS,WD,MD,XD 'rules' anymore? and I rather watch the two Mads than Boe/Mo, but this won't happen bcs organizer want to minimize the appearance of the Chinese on tv court. All England lost my respect.

4. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    With all due respect, I don't think that resolves the issue at all.

OK, there are sponsors and their interests, maybe the organizers don't want to have all the Oly champs and world champs on TV court to force people to buy tickets, blah blah, those are indeed all reasons to maybe shunt some of those champions off to court 2. But it certainly doesn't necessitate shunting all of them off, does it?

5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

If they continue to stream Court 2, not all is lost.

At least one of ZYL/TQ and YY/WXL will not go to Rio. The other WD match may give a good hint on who may go. So it is worth watching. Remember that the best match on the final day last year was the China vs China WD.

LD is not in form. So the LD vs CL match may not mean that much. But a win is a win. CL should grab the chance anyway.

6. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Agree with your point 1.

For 2, however, I would think that people who are interested in the sport and have the means to would buy the tickets regardless. There'd be very few who would buy tickets just because the players that they want to watch are not on TV court.

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina is using yonex. May be due to that they would have decided to show her match in tv..

Atleast they could have kept lindan's match in tv..

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Last year, Ma J/TYT vs YY/WXL was the one of the best WD matches in years. Hopefully, we will see Bao YX/TYT vs YY/WXL tomorrow.

If LYB has to choose between YY/WXL or ZYL/TQ, my guess is that he will let YY/WXL go to Rio, since ZYL can concentrate on XD and ZN can safely play in both MD and XD.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Then the answer is for one of you to change the system. I guess if you pay the money in sponsorship fees, then yes, you will be able to change the schedule. The primary sponsor pays the most for the exposure of its brand name - none of us can change that. Li Ning will have to sponsor more tournaments.

Even better if BC had a few million dollars to splash out in sponsorship. Then we could all have all the interesting matches on TV court at our pleasure. But I don't think that is going to happen soon...:(

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, Lin Dan is definitely not in fine form yet, if the previous few matches is an indication of the best he can do here, then Chen Long is the one to stand on the podium tomorrow. Still a win for Chen Long, his first over his arch-rival, can only do him a lot of good, offering a huge encouragement and an uplifting experience that should stand him in good stead in future. I believe Lin Dan is aware of that and will try his best to prevent it.

But, seriously, Chen Long really needs to beat Lin Dan at his best to know where he truly stands at the Olympics and boost his self-confidence and inner belief in the lead-up to Rio'16 or he will continue to wonder and be unsure if he can do it to the living legend. Should Lin Dan lose to Chen Long today, it will hardly have any adverse impact on him for he knows in his heart how much Chen Long has improved at this juncture and whether he poses a real threat to him.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    The reason what not showing WD is clear
    Who will watch a national circuit match if you have a chance to have a look at the international one..
    Who like to see the same nation playing on both sides rallying and rallying..and in this extreme case I congratulate CHN but I am not interested in that discipline any more
    MS Linda vs CL should be a cracker but why would Yonex broadcast it and moreover they are again representing same nation...
    Broadcasting WS
    This event is not only having the seeded players(except yu sun) but has a potential of uncertainty.. High drama and the best thing is 4 diff nations

12. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

they don't want WOs or match fixings in TV court.

so they don't put CHN vs CHN.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Are we underrating JOJ
    He is a player with the best of self belief I know about his inconsistency but yesterday's match is a true eg of his form he can def anyone on his day.. He will be real threat to either of CL/LD

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how i wish one day people will watch a badminton match between 2 players of the same country like they used to watch Sampras vs. Agassi, where we watch them for their skill and not for the flag on their shirt.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I really want to watch the Bao YX/Tang YT vs Zhong WX/Tang JH WD clash. To be sure, both pairs have much at stake to prove and convince their coaches their worth with a view to the OG cycle.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Exactly. We'll said.

17. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    As the forummer in BC said, lindan is not in form. I don't want to watch player-not-in-form on tv. Sho vs Jan is enough lah i guess.. Plus Jan is from Europe, good for organizer.

18. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    They worried too early. the Olympics qualification is not yet started.

19. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I see someone is showering us with nuggets of wisdom up there again...

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    There are five pairs of WD from CHN who have entered All England this year.

These five pairs are fighting for three or four spots to enter the OLY qualification period, which will start in 2 months.

Among the three or four pairs, only two will go to Rio.

Now is the most intense and critical period for all these five pairs in their entire career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.