Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (7th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham-ENG

Total prize-money : US$500,000

Tournament website : http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/

Tournament time-table : http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/t...schedule-2015/

Birmingham time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

Order of Play (12.00pm, 2 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...9F5D4F-9DEC-4974-A40E-9009DEE332F8&d=20150307

Most of semifinal clashes are going to the script, some stunner still continue their gallant run here. Two CHN elite WS, former champion Wang Yihan and defending champion Wang Shixian toppled yesterday, CHN WS performance is still struggling since November last year while rest of the world started to catch up and try to break their domination.

MS, European #1 Jorgensen will up against darkhorse Sho Sasaki with Denmark player is favoured to clinch final spot. As predicted, two CHN supremes Chen Long and Lin Dan will face each other, rematch of Incheon AG Gold medal match, this clash of titan should be tough to predict. Lin Dan eyes 6th title while World Champion aims to retain his 2013 triumphant, who will win today?

WS, the most interesting category since we'll see new All England Champion on tomorrow finale. CHN sole survivor, Sun Yu has heavy burden in the elimination of her powerful compatriots. Saina, Marin and Tai TY have equal chance to realize their dream to lift the prestigious AE trophy. Convincing performance by the Indian en route to semifinal, all straight-sets winning including knocked out her nemesis Wang Yihan last night. Marin v Tai should be close, both youngsters show inclining development recently.

MD, two Danish MD in final four and will meet CHN aggressive combo Fu/Zhang and last year runner-up Endo/Hayakawa. It's not easy for Zhang Nan to play two disciplines in this highly competitive tournament, Conrad/Kolding have displayed their superb badminton following GER Open title last week. Tricky test for Boe/Mogensen to meet the Japanese #1 despite head-to-head record favours to DEN veterans.

WD, it's unstoppable run for CHN to continue their domination even two new scracth pairs are capable to overcome the established pairs, unbelievable. One of this multichampion pairs, either Tian/Zhao or Wang/Yu will add their victory tomorrow.

XD, the heavyweight rivals are waiting for INA last hope Ahmad/Natsir and Jordan/Susanto, Fischer/Pedersen and Zhang/Zhao respectively who won over their opponents in straight games at three previous rounds. It's steep path for fave Indonesian #1 pair to extend their AE title whilst Jordan/Susanto have produced breakthrough in their career after nailed Incheon AG bronze medal last September.

LIVE TV matches (court 1, 12.00pm local time) :
    1) Sun Yu (CHN) v Saina Nehwal (IND)
    2) Sho Sasaki (JPN) v Jan O Jorgensen (DEN)
    3) Carolina Marin (ESP) v Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
    4) Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA) v Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen (DEN)
    5) Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa (JPN) v Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (DEN)

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Who would have thought that Sun Yu is the last Chinese WS standing? And if you get to watch Court 1, the last Chinese player left in AE.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I watched Debby Susanto play in HK last year. She was very very good.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Exciting matches on tv court, esp WS but have to lower down the volume when CM is playing.
    And I don't think ZN will be in both finals tomorrow.

#4 nokh88, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I can't beleive CL-LD is not on tv court!

6. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Really hoping that Sho Saski will win it's his turn in the light.

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Am i only one here who feel that the broadcast is of bad quality or anybody else??

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Who would have thought Sun Yu is the only CHN play on TV court!!!

9. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Choice of match on TV court is...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    There is something very wrong with BWF.

Just look at Court No.2.

Can you count how many Olympic Gold medalists and World Champions are there?

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I think sponsors played a role in the tv court coverage. I think chinese players are with li ning.. May be that is the reason !!!

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

have to agree with you. Anyway whatever the outcomes and whichever court the players are playing tonight won't really interest me to watch it tonight as there will be no Korean players playing tonight. No offence here but Korean players standard is certainly poor now. This is only the beginning of the tournaments and Korea is already showing a bad sign. Any other people want to comment here. I think the Malaysian women doubles have improved a lot compared to the Korean players. Then I think Malaysian overall performance is better than Korea I guess in the recent tournaments. This is because Malaysia players can even win over Korean players now. No offence here but just a comparison. Anybody got anything to add on? Any other opinion? Thanks. Feel sad lol when Korea lost.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I used to have great respect for All England.

But there are two things happening this year which caused me to have reservation.

1. All five Chinese players in MS are drawn into the same half. This cannot be a mere coincident, as the chance of that is 1 in 32.

2. They packed as much CHN players on the non-TV court as possible. This happened on Thursday, Friday and now Saturday.

Something has got to change.

#13 pcll99, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Definitely true. Oldhand previously gave an excellent summary of how matches get scheduled on TV court.

15. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Actually probability is 1/16 because CL's place is fixed, but either way the point is well-made. The TV court phenomenon was also relevant last year, I seem to remember only one CHN match being shown on SF day last year.

16. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Youtube won't be live streaming these matches?

17. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

This isn't even recent. Take a look at the SF court allocation for AE last year.

Other offenders include Denmark SSP, India SS, Australia SS, Korea SS

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Maybe they did it for two reasons: (1) to make sponsors happy, (2) to force people to buy tickets.

19. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    Hahaha.....I feel for you. Understand your position. However, the real world is like that. Years ago AE than did not have the massive $$$ sponsorship in prices like today. The billboard advert on court side was minimal and at times not allow. You have to walk off court to change shuttle yourself. There was no service judge than.

Where there is sponsorship there MUST be returns. This not only apply to venue and TV coverage, players and team are in this vicious cycle too. It's not just in badminton. Its everything.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

which one of those tournaments had Li Ning as title sponsors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.