Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (6th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 5, 2015.

1. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

so you have excuse if he loses.
    he's not 100%.
    he doesn't care about all england title.
    he's playing for money.
    so funny. lol.

#61 kruntil, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good. Expecting some upsets. ;)

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Over charged up fan.... While lindan says that he is determined to win this title as he considers this as a mini world championships.. Whereas you can see so many excuses from his fans all over the world.. Just enjoyable to read..

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What you say is not outlandish, probably some truth in it. He is playing not just for the money which of course is important as part of his retirement plans but also for the love of the sport and to do his part to promote badminton worldwide perhaps as part of his self-actualization needs as well as leave a lasting legacy.

Talking about sponsorship, I think Yonex got a very good deal in Lin Dan - not only is he widely regarded as the greatest badminton player in history, also he possesses charisma on and off court, more, his persona outside and beyond badminton as exemplified by his involvement in other fields such as fashion, his private commercial business in coffeehouse, his much-publicized friendship and activities with other famous celebrities in the entertainment industry, eg Nicholas Tse - all of these will serve to extend his reach, increase his exposure and expand his influence as a badminton icon, and have a multiplier effect, thereby maximizing and increasing the marketing impact of Yonex brand indirectly.

In fact, all the product brands that Lin Dan uses, such as Montblanc watch, Oakley eyewear , Yonex badminton gear ( a certain brand of cooking oil, Intel cpu, etc) will feed on each other as his fans and followers will come to know the other brands Lin Dan is associated with through the one they are originally interested in. I think that's why Yonex is willing to throw so much money on Lin Dan.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes just like you I am also expecting some upsets. I guess the Korean players have helped to make players from other countries create upsets too. Well, Korean players have been under performing since last week tournament and this week we see the players are not performing either. In fact this week performance is even worse than last week performance. Well, just like what you have said, upsets happen all the time and once the players are on the court everything is equal and only the players that perform the best will win. Yeah this few days have been staying up late to watch the live score from the bwf website. Yesterday, I tried staying up to watch the live scores but was too tired so ended up sleeping. Anyway tonight I won't have the energy to stay up and watch the matches anymore. It is very unlikely that Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na can win against Tian Qing / Zhao Yunlei so there is no point for me to stay up and watch the Korean players lose again. Sung Ji Hyun also may not win too so I guess sleeping early is the best option for me. What do you all think?

#65 blabl, Mar 6, 2015
  6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I totally agree with you. For us Asian staying up late just to watch the live scores is taking a toll on us too. For me I stayed up the whole day on Tuesday and Wednesday to watch all the live scores for different matches. On Thursday I tried to stay up and watch the matches but ended up falling asleep in front of my laptop. Well, tonight I won't have such energy to watch the games till it is over. Imagine the match will only start at 2 am Asian time and by the time the match is over it will be morning 9 am and by then I won't be sleeping the whole night. Gosh. I also hope that the time of the matches can be readjusted to suite the European and also the Asian timing. What do you all think? Any opinion about this?

#66 blabl, Mar 6, 2015
  7. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I don't really care if LD loses or wins. If he loses, he loses. He just lost against Srikanth. He can very well lose again in AE. Big deal.

If you actually get aroused watching LD lose, good for you, I hope you enjoy it.

8. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Of course LD will say this. Why would LD diss on the tournament he is attending? But I doubt he cares much about AE. Like I said, if LD cared about AE, he would have found a way to attend the last 2 AEs, rather than skipping out on the last two.

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Guyz this is not lindan his fitness his sponsorers and bla bola bla's thread..
    Just chillax keep calm and enjoy the upcoming matches the enthralled audience the hardworking underdogs the tense dueces the jump smashes the service errors(best ;) ) the strategy variations and of course the drama...
    Hoping to have fun tonight
    Ready with popcorn and coffee mugs on the table..I hope I can stay awake..
    Thanks to exams I can learn those lenthy answers and can have sneek peeks at the scorelines :)
    Have fun guyzz

10. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Well said!

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Matches already delayed 2 hours?!

12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Lol, just as I wrote this, the stream starts :D

13. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    May somebody post the stream? TIA. :)

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Does anyone thinks that Sun Yu looks like Wang Xin? I think they do.

15. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    All the hype, excitements and talks about the money going into innovate the stadium and stuffs and BWF dares to put this type of crappy streaming up. The quality of the stream is a freaking joke.

16. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Exactly. What a huge disappointment. I'm watching the stream from a russian site. No commentating and editing but at least the video is smooth.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks to you ,too.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    what are they singing?

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sun Yu is being outplayed at the net, IR's x-ct.