Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (6th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

About LXR's condition, there's a report here http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...hamp-lin-dan-admits-life-getting-tougher-2015

(Extract)

CREATIVE STROKES

Earlier, the other Olympic champion Li Xuerui suffered one of the most saddening defeats of her career, when she lost 21-13, 21-12 to Sun Yu, her young Chinese compatriot.

Li's wide range of creative strokes, so hard to contain when they are flowing, produced too many mistakes to allow much chance of survival.

It was quite different from when Li appeared as an unknown here in 2012 and won the All-England title, forcing her way belatedly into the Chinese squad, and paving a pathway to London where she won an Olympic gold medal.

"I haven't recovered properly from a foot injury and my feet really hurt," Li said.

"I've only been training normally for two weeks and I only came to this tournament because I love it. I didn't expect a lot. I just tried to come and enjoy the game."

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...ng-tougher-2015#sthash.CbyzVi8E.zA0Kh4tY.dpuf

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This title is Lindan to take.. Nobody in this tournament can block him from getting his 6th consecutive title.

3. Eskoo

Eskoo Regular Member

Student
    Having been in All England 2013, I dare to say that 5pm starting time is a very good option in overall. This is mainly because the unique atmosphere in all england which is created by the massive and intense live audience. Compared to 2014 WC I would say that AE's setting was just extraordinary. Taking account of late finishing time for some players, I honestly believe that it is still a priviledge to play in front off loud and big crowd versus small and quiet. Furthermore, I feel that the live audience and atmosphere should be a priority before the internet/television audience. Better to show badminton action with massive crowds and great atmosphere at not so good time (for part of the people) than show good quality badminton action that doesn't inspire recreational watcher who needs the extra stimulating factor (I.e. Atmosphere) in order to be interested. I believe that we should promote the sport in the name of athletes and live spectators who participate concretically in the event. This is what sport has always been. And as someone said, the problem is same for Europeans when the event is held in Asia, many times my alarm has rang 5-6am because of bwf stream. Let's keep in mind that even if badminton is the one of biggest sports in Asia and there are the masses, the game itself is a universal thing. Also promoting the game in Europe (and why not in US), is a important task for the whole badminton family. This is how we concretically grow our sport, not just the money flows in it.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Interesting comment designed to create a lot of feedback?:D:D LOL

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Here it comes... First comment from you....;).

6. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Xuerui looked tired on court after her R1 win vs Beiwen despite it being fairly comfortable. She was warned twice by the umpire to speed things up.

This is probably Ousephs best chance at reaching an All England SF, I think he will do it.

With Gabby's constant flick serving I dont give the Adcocks much chance of winning today sadly.

7. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Of course Lin Dan will win if he gives his 100%.

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It's all right to support your country's player, but you're over the top with them!:eek:

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm not so optimistic after reading how he struggled quite a bit with Wei Nan, dropping G2 with erratic play, and, yesterday, watching him being pushed hard by Tian HW who admittedly was playing well forcing Lin Dan to dig deep to beat him.

In fact in that R2 match, THW was able to catch up with LD to 14-all in G1 before LD sensing danger re-asserted himself to win 21-15, then in G2, THW held the lead several times and it was only towards the end did LD managed to pull off victory by a close margin, 21-19.

Lin Dan is clearly far from his best coming back from injury and LYB's cautious assessment of him should not be ignored, for me at least. Should he get past K Momota today and face Chen Long tomorrow - assuming the latter dispose of Chou TC, not a sure thing - I daresay Chen Long, realistically speaking, has at least a 50% chance of scoring his first victory over Lin Dan , a little better than their last meeting at the Asian Games. We'll see.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agree, that's what Peter Gade also said, except that he is unable to give 100% even if he wants to when his fitness is not at or near 100% which is the case here.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agreed justin
    CL has a 50% chance but I believe CTC can drain CL today..and the 50-50 chance will polarize towards LD surely..but the main concern isn't CL(I don't think he can win this tourney any how) its JOJ who is very confident and also enjoying a easier draw he will be packing more glucose than any other MS player
    Still this year's AE trophy would be carving to reach the stands where her friends are showcased(6th consecutive)

12. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

I agree with you. :D

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    MS

CL vs CTC
    KM vs LD
    SS vs RO
    VA vs JOJ

I am supporting those in bold. All underdogs.

WS

SY vs RI
    SN vs WYH
    CM vs SJH
    TTY vs WSX

I am supporting those in bold. All have never won the AE.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I like CTC very much. He has the real passion, like LD in his earlier days.

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, very refreshing. And he has guts

16. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

You support all the guys that will lose...;-)

17. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Could be many good matches today...
    The Youtube stream seems to be blocked from Sweden, for some reason. Looking forward to the Kento Momota - Lin Dan match

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    Gideon/kevin.. the match i'd like to see

19. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

But LD won't give his 100%. I don't think he cares about winning AE that much anymore since he has won it so many times already.

If he wanted to win AE, he would have attained the ranking points to enter AE in the last 2 years. Frankly, I don't think LD wants a 3rd Olympic gold that badly since he already has 2.

LD is playing for the money. My guess is the first prize for AE is peanuts compared to his sponsorship deals (and yes, LD has more sponsors than just Yonex).

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That may be so but I've a better theory. Probably LXR wants to do her worthy opponents, Intanon and the rest, a favour for she knows they won't derive any satisfaction or feel good beating her when she is not match-fit at all. Worse, what if she still manages to beat them one by one and even lifts the trophy on Sunday?

Imagine how distraught, desolate, embarrassing and humiliating it might be for them, their confidence taking such a big hit that they may never recover from it and start questioning whether they can ever beat her, their inner belief gone and unable to recover from it for a long,long time.

Maybe we should feel sorry for the hapless Zhang BW who failed to make the most of her chances as LXR somehow didn't spare her the agony in which case the rest should count themselves more fortunate. So for the rest, I'm sure they would rather lose to the up-and-coming Sun Yu than to take advantage of yet still end up beaten by the unfit LXR.

You see, I believe LXR understands and upholds the principle that any top player or challenger worth their salt will want to defeat a champion who is at her best as that is the only way to prove how capable they really are.

Anyway, like you two, I'm also speculating but I think I'm right. No offense.