Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (6th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 5, 2015.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina vs Yihan...

My prediction is 35 - 65 %.. Yihan has psychological advantage when it comes to play against saina.. Though Saina changed her coach to correct her movements and strokes, she has certain areas of weakness which was correctly pointed out by the male commentator of her match against Kim Hyo min. Yihan with world class coaches besides her, they might have pointed out already . Let's see how it goes.. I will be happy if she takes atleast one game..

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agree
    BTW happy holi..
    And happy world cup Indian bowlers on a row pushing WI on the back foot ;)
    Sorry for going out of the topic ;)

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I wish you the same.

4. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    OMG! It starts at 1.00 am in central part of Indonesia! Yap! Here it is, European tour! :(

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh? I've covered all bases without realizing it. It may appear I'm trying to be diplomatic but, no, I actually have in mind the tournament as a whole and it so happened the ones I picked, apart from the 'unfit' LXR, have all progressed to the QFs.

You're right, by naming 7 of the 8 Q-Finalists, I can't go wrong, can I? As good as not saying anything, lesson learnt.

Let's see. If I have to rate their chances, I 'm inclined to place WYH, TTY, Saina, Sung JH, Intanon, then WSX, Marin , and Sun Yu, in that order, the latter three about the same,no order.

#25 Justin L, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Don't worry, not really off topic. Watch how I do it hehe.

Saina will be distracted by the Indian cricket team doing so well. She would have been up all night anticipating the match against WI and will be currently watching them crush them. She will be relieved that Gayle failed yet again (where did that 200 come from the other day?).

Anyway, hopefully Saina has rested enough to compete well against the over-rated WYH.

7. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    Maybe LXR lost to Sun Yu yesterday is a part of the plan. Losing to the teammate is better than to the one who stole your world Champ title ;) but I really think her fitness level is just not 100%, because RI would stand a small change against 100% LXR. By the way, I watched Ratchanok match against AY, RI seems to me a better player.

#27 Zomania, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  8. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    what are the predictions for today's quarter finals ??? any upsets ???

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Here is the score involving all the Korean players for the second round of the tournament.
    As usual my prediction is right and only 2 players enter the quarterfinals.

1. Sung Ji Hyun vs Busanan Ongbumrungpan (21-14, 20-22, 21-13)
    Not a good score as Busanan is a lower ranked player. Guess she won't be able to enter the semifinals.

2. Tontowi Ahmad / Liliyana Natsir vs Choi Sol Kyu / Chae Yoo Jung (21-12, 21-7)
    Shocking and one sided match with single digit score.

3. Christinna Pedersen / Kamilla Rhytter Juhl vs Go Ah Ra / Yoo Hae Won (21-15, 21-18)
    Lost within two sets as the korean players are not able to play well.

4. Saina Nehwal / Kim Hyo Min (21-15, 21-15)
    Lost within two sets as she is not able to play well and also inexperienced.

5. Takeshi Kamura / Keigo Sonada vs Kim Ki Jung / Kim Sa Rang (21-14, 21-19)
    Inconsistent play and poor strategies causes the player to lose. They also run out of stamina and energy.

6. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari / Greysia Polii vs Chae Yoo Jung / Kim So Yeong (21-17, 21-19)
    Both of them lost in straight set due to poor planning and stategy. They also run out of stamina & energy.

7. Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na vs Reginald Lee Chun Hoi / Chau Hoi Wah (15-21, 21-13, 21-14)
    Not a good match either as they won in three sets. Ko Sung Hyun poor performance is of great concern and I guess today they won't have chance to advance to the semifinals.

Well, I have highlighted the Korean players performance here and great concern here is their poor result.

The worst result is Korea can even lose to players who are lower ranked than them.

In the first round, Kim Ki Jung / Shin Seung Chan lost to Tan Aik Quan / Lai Pei Jing ranked no 103.

OMG!!! Last week, Lee So Hee / Shin Seung Chan lost to Vivian Hoo / Woon Khe Wei (21-16, 21-7). This is a very poor and one sided result too.

Hence Korea players need to work harder if not they will be losers forever. Any other opinion or anything to add on here? Thanks. I am open to any suggestions. :)

10. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, I really hope you'd spoken too soon!
    wouldn't that be nice for the young Sun Yu to shine, certainly would do her confident a hell of good.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

What about Korean performance during the second round of the game? Don't you think it is a poor performance? Do you think Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na can win today? Do you think Sung Ji Hyun can win today? My prediction here is both of them won't win in the quarterfinals. What do you think? Anything to comment about the Korea player performance?

12. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    SJH will triumph over CM.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The schedule for QF (Friday at evening), SF (Saturday at noon) and Final (Sunday at noon) have been like this since many many years ago. Even if the tournaments are held in Asia.

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

looks like MS title sure one of these two, LD or CL...that's all...

15. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    There is no sure thing in life except paying taxes.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

IMHO, WYH at her best is the only one who has a 50% chance of beating LXR at her best.

For the rest, they can only hope to catch LXR when she is having an off-day (very seldom), going through an inexplicable brain-fade (once or at most twice a year as happened before) or recovering from injury (as is the case this time which practically allowed others to win the few SS titles last year and, this year, the AE and next week's IND SS where she's absent). Even if LXR fails to win all the tournaments she plays in, she is inevitably the main stumbling block for everyone in the rest of the world.

If not for the compulsory requirement and penalty involved, LXR would have skipped this AE PSS as LYB indicated. I supposed the same goes for the MAS Open PSS later this month, and I see she's also missing from the SIN Open SS the following month. For now, I can only wish she is all set and ready to begin her Olympic quest come May.

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

and to meet your creator, of course.

18. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    You should post this in LXR'S THREAD.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There is some scientific evidence for crossing time zones and effects on players - rather lazy to look up right now.

I believe it is difficult to change the times too dramatically to minimise the effect on players. One then is laid open to the potential accusation of favoritism. If match times are changed for logistics of audience (and therefore sponsor visibility), this is a far better reason.

20. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Three feet under ground or up somewhere in the sky?