Yonex Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

BWF has released M/Q Report version 1 (updated 13th February 2015) : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=618759&dl=1

DRAW date : 3rd March 2015

Some top-names have registered here, Lin Dan, Jan O Jorgensen, Chou Tien Chen, Hans Kristian Vittinghus, Carolina Marin, Ratchanok Intanon beside full force of home players such as K.Srikanth, P.Kashyap, Saina Nehwal, P.V.Sindhu, etc.

In doubles category, we'll see Boe/Mogensen, Endo/Hayakawa, Matsutomo/Takahashi, Luo Twins, Pedersen/Rytter Juhl, Fischer/Pedersen, Ahmad/Natsir, Liu C/Bao YX, etc.

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

DRAW has been released, BWF link => http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=621029&dl=1

MS top-seed Jan O Jorgensen has same half of draw with Lin Dan, Viktor Axelsen and Tommy Sugiarto while second seed Srikanth is grouped with Wang Zhengming, Hans K.Vittinghus and Chou Tien Chen at bottom half.

In WS discipline, Saina Nehwal has favourable draw, practically only Liu Xin is pretty tough opponent for her. At lower half of draw we'll see Carolina Marin and her potential rivals, Ratchanok Intanon, Nozomi Okuhara and Minatsu Mitani.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

With such a draw for Saina, she's expected to sail into the final on home soil with Liu Xin being the likely but not insurmountable hurdle in the penultimate round.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It's totally unnecessary here to talk about a favourable draw for the top seed. In this case it is Saina. For a top seed, it gives you a feeling that she is having a favourable draw (all the other players are below her ranking in that particular tournament). In that case, shall i take liberty to say that Li Xuerui is enjoying favourable draws in all the tournaments she is taking part.

Nobody is taken lightly nowadays. As Olympics qualification period will start soon, all players will try their very best to beat top players. We do remember what happened when saina participated in India open last year. She lost to Yui Hashimoto i guess , who was unknown to me at that time. So, draw has nothing to do with saina or anybody here.

5. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    No offense to Yip Pui Yin or Pai Yu Po but...if they are seeded that is a certain indication that the WS field is not very strong.

6. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    Yea... Agreed...weak field in ws when compare with many other ss

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What warped logic is that ??? So, by your twisted 'logic' LCW who has been WR1 for years has been enjoying favourable draws time and time again without fail even when Lin Dan was playing in the same tournaments.

Just look at Saina's opponents here from R1 to the quarterfinal and compare them with those the other seeded players are facing, are they in the same league? Then answer me who Saina would prefer to meet.

Of course, it goes without saying that no opponent should be taken lightly, even the relative unknowns but that's a different matter altogether. By the way, I seldom take world rankings too seriously except for the true WR 1 or 2.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

What do you mean by TRUE 1 or 2 ranking.. Lol.. Who cares what you take seriously ?? ..

Twisting and turning the logic is none of my business. May be yours???..

And for your consideration, Liu xin is the 'likely' opponent, you think will give trouble to saina? ?? Then, you must be in denial that what happened to Liu xin in this All England 2015. Karin Schansse , i never ever heard of , eliminated Liu xin in 2 straight games. Liu xin did not even get a win over saina yet. So, There is no easy draws as if you are talking about. If at all, you consider saina's draws are easy one, then i can easily say that Li Xuerui is enjoying easy draws from the beginning.
    Nobody can be compared. For a player, one player may be tougher and one may be easier. But that does not mean the same opponent is tougher to the other player. These things purely related to their style of playing.

Saina played Liu Xin 2 times and won her in straight games. But even an unknown indian girl has dragged saina even better than Liu xin did. So , does it mean that player is tougher than Liu Xin??

No Player is taken lightly. Every opponent is potential rival. Draws are nothing to do here.

9. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Saina seems to be very lucky with such favorable draws, she should not waste such opportunities.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Saina will be disappointed if she doesn't make the final. Home court advantage.

11. sen

sen Regular Member

I think Saina never won Indian SS before. Home court pressure.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You know, every time I talk to you or try to engage you in a constructive debate, the way you respond and your attitude often make me feel it's beneath me; at the same time, I can't help but feel sorry for you. I urge you to examine carefully what you want to say first before you shoot. Take care.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Methias Boe back in India its argumenting and debating time ;)

14. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Can some one shed light on ticket and prices for IO . I am planning to visit Delhi . also it may be the case that tickets are free since not many turn up in india nevertheless

15. sh_shashi1

Student
    Just one question . what do you mean by true WR 1 ?? Is it different from the actual ? .

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be specific, the true world number one.

17. sh_shashi1

Student
    Is there any false world no 1 ?? Again you did not answer my question .

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm surprised my nuanced reply is not obvious to you. Think LCW.

19. sh_shashi1

Student
    Subtlety is not my cup of tea in matter of facts . interesting you come up with false number 1 . I thought it was me lol

20. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    You definitely would be a top ten player if you play badminton full time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.