Yonex GERMAN Open GP Gold 2015 - Qualification to FINAL (24 February-1 March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Feb 23, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

If I recall it this is also what happened in during the Thomas Cup 2014 semi finals. He lost the crucial match to Chong Wei Feng in straight sets. That is why Indonesia lost in the semi finals to Malaysia. Yes, you are right he also looked very lost during match without a proper game plan and he just got carried away and lost the whole game. Yes, he faltered when his country needed him most at that time. Now he is repeating the same thing again. Any other opinion here? Hope he will learn and never repeat the same mistakes again lol.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes they are very good but they just lost the first match 18-21. Lets focus our topic of discussion today on this great women doubles match. Agreed everyone?

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Carolina was awarded 2 red cards ..??? !!! She need to control her emotions on court.
    so, she has to pay a penalty of $1000 i guess..

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I am too excited to watch Della and Rosyta playing vs Danes..

No matter the results today, I am already proud as they already exceeds the expectations..

Their spirit is awesome

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lol Carolina Marin just lose focus after she was given 2 red cards. Maybe it is not good to shout so much during matches. A bit unfair but nothing can be said once the red cards are given. Lets focus on the Indonesian doubles. You all agreed that she is good? She just won the second set 21-17. Wow I think she can win the third set as well. What a good young player. Agreed everyone?

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I think they will lose, but its only their 2nd tournament together, so they need more chemistry in near future.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, this INA pair didn't disappoint by evening things up with taking G2 , 21-17, to force a decider. The Danes are feeling the pressure now, I'm sure.

8. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

The Danes put up 5th gear on 3rd set :(, while young Ina pair bit too late to comprehend the change of tactics from their opponent.

Well experience do tell here...

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right here. Finally the Danish pair won the third set 21-9. the score is very one sided too. What actually happened here? I though they won the second set. Well, this young Indonesia doubles really can go all out to create an upset lol.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Just thinking back to that incident in the final of the Austrian International Challenge Men's singles. Also pretty strict.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Cheung I have to agree with you. Iskandar is given a straight red card and the opponent Angus Ng Ka Long is given the match point and he wins 21-19. Pretty harsh too. I guess a lot of unpredictable things can happen at the court. I think Carolina Marin must be crying sadly now. Don't you think so. Telling a player off frequently during matches will disrupt the players concentration. By the way do you know the name of that harsh judge? I watched the finals for the Austrian International Challenge and I really want to say it is really a joke for things like that to happen. What is your opinion? Then people like Carsten / Mathias should have already been blacklisted then for their rude behaviour but they are just let off with no warning. Different treatment for different player. You agreed with me?

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Absolutely agree here. The difference in officiating decisions is just too large. Players and audience don't have a problem with strict officiating so long as it is consistent for everybody. When we see big differences in the standards of the officials, everybody gets frustrated.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hmm...does it mean from now on every player is going to worry about which umpire is going to officiate their match before the start of the game? Can be added stress for some players, I think.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What a tough , grueling fight these two MD pairs are having, with little separating them so far.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Hmm... I think you are right here. Players really need to worry about who is their umpire now because different umpire has different standard lol. This will also make the players stress especially about the unfair part.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay Danish rule the day.

Mads Pieler Kolding / Kamilla won the mixed doubles. (21-18, 21-17)
    Jan O Jorgensen won the men singles. (21-12, 21-13)
    Christina / Kamilla won the women doubles. (21-18, 17-21, 21-9)
    Mads Pieler Kolding / Mads Conrad won the men doubles. (22-20 21-19)

What do you all think about this score? Any opinion to add on?

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Just now watched the part where Carolina was awarded red card. I think he was the same umpire when she played Saina in Australian open superseries finals. She got a warning in that match for her direct verbal attack on saina and was very emotional on her part due to the warning .

Now umpire seems to me even more stricter than before. 2 red cards for misconduct seems to me unnecessary. Actually, atleast for myself, she did not do anything wrong(Similar to Iskandar's case). Anyhow, if any umpire clarify this, it will be fine..

18. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Actually the problem is that the umpire gave many warnings before to Carolina, for her behavior, which I must say is really bad. She got 2 verbal warnings and a yellow card before, but she kept repeating her mistakes again and again.

First the umpire gave a red card for her misconduct, and misbehavior. Carolina was unapologetic and defiant, and rather went back again. With this, she got another red card. Now though I consider the umpire to be within his right to give the card, I think the second card was unnecessary. 1 was enough. Also, many players protest the actions of umpire in many matches. So, yes 1 card seemed to be well deserved, because Carolina really needed one to calm down her a bit.

19. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I was expecting a black card, I hate repeated time wasters.

20. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The umpire did the right thing. This should have been done on many previous occasions.

Now, I hope that they also do something about holding the shuttle forever before serving.