Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro cheung.. can u send me the link , i want to see !

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I watched it on television. Actually, I saw a bit of it but not much else.

3. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone wanna guess what racket is he using now? :D

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

5. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    is it over for LCW?

#5366 pcll99, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  7. visor

visor Regular Member

http://www.yonex.com/company/news/b...les-more-than-two-times-oversigns-with-yonex/

The King of Badminton, Lin Dan—Winner of Multiple Major Titles More Than Two Times Over—Signs with YONEX

YONEX Co., Ltd. is proud to announce that it has signed on former World No. 1 badminton men’s singles player Lin Dan (CHN).

Lin Dan boasts an amazing record, winning a host of major titles more than two times over. His victories include winning two gold medals in a row at the Beijing and London Olympics, two consecutive gold medals at the Asian Games, as well as holding the title of world champion for three years in a row, with five world champion titles in total. Hailed as “The King of Badminton,” he commands the court with ruthlessly efficient footwork, unparalleled momentum, and a smash that stops other players in their tracks.

“I want to get my third gold medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics, and inspire children around the world. In the future, I dream of joining up with Lee Chong Wei, Taufik Hidayat and Peter Gade to transform badminton into a major global sport. I think YONEX is the only company that can help us realize this dream. After all, YONEX is the No. 1 brand in the world for badminton,” commented the Olympic medallist on the new partnership.

It is YONEX’s distinct pleasure to support the world’s top-class players. We hold great pride in supporting these players with our equipment as they compete around the world, and we strive to provide them with an exceptional environment in which to flourish. 

Due to Lin Dan’s employment by the Chinese Badminton Association, there may be cases where he appears in tournaments using equipment without the YONEX logo.

8. jasontyh

jasontyh Regular Member

Engineer
    wow that's nice. I hope he is well

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    All sides save face.

CBA don't annoy Li Ning.

Li-Ning can't get annoyed.

Lin Dan gets his sponsorship

Yonex get their player and still save face.

10. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

[​IMG]

That looks like..... an Armortec 700 (2nd gen)

11. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

So he is wearing badminton shoes in the event, interesting color... Can't wait for more photos of his rakcet and shoes.

12. supersmasher24

supersmasher24 Regular Member

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.qq.com/a/20150107/043145.htm and http://www.yonex.com/company/news/b...les-more-than-two-times-oversigns-with-yonex/ (thanks to Cycril)

Yes, it's finally confirmed, Lin Dan signs with Yonex.

From the Chinese article:-

At 2 pm today, Lin Dan's new sponsorship press conference was held in Beigong badminton hall (in Beijing University of Technology) during which Lin Dan officially announced he has joined hands with the new sponsor and expressed the hope of retaining gold at the Rio Olympics.

At the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, Lin Dan was precisely in this badminton hall when he won the Olympic MS gold, and hereafter as well he held his wedding with his beloved wife Xie Xingfang. Lin Dan smilingly added that of the two important moments in his life, the time he got married was the occasion he was more nervous and cared more about. " Holding my bride's hand is the more nervous because if I lost in 2008 I could try again in 2012 but if the wedding didn't go well then my loss is too huge,"said Lin Dan, with a laugh.

Regarding the 10-year RMB 100mn contract agreement, Lin Dan evasively expressed,"the contract is for me a private matter, I am extremely happy to work with Yonex, the contract period is quite long, (the amount) to me is pretty good."

As for the issue of clash (or conflict) of interest with Li-Ning brand being used by the national team, Lin Dan at the press conference confirmed,'on court the competition apparel still have to be the same as the national team in using Li-Ning's, but both shoes and racquets I will use Yonex's." However, as to whether shoes and racquets to have 'LD' mark or Yonex logo, Lin Dan indicated the various parties are still negotiating.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe outside the tournament venue at the post-match/tournament conference, Lin Dan can don Yonex attire including shoes, racquets, kit bag, towels, etc, which he has done before, such as at the recent Denmark Open.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

More or less, I suppose, as far as Yonex sponsorship goes. I mean, it doesn't make commercial sense for Yonex to have two big names for their top of the line product range in a particular sport, at most a big name for the global market plus a number of smaller ones targeting the smaller local or specific markets.

At the moment, not only Lin Dan but Yonex itself is not giving much specific details as to the contractual terms of Lin Dan's sponsorship. I guess, they would have to wait until Lee CW's case is over before announcing or clarifying any sensitive information.

16. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Now we all finally what he'll be wearing - SHB02LTD looking forward towards it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420635119.139270.jpg

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Now I wonder will Lin dan be using back armotec 700, z force 2 or a new model yonex racket under his name , and the previous page Lin dan shoe red color , i believe will be his new shoe which is all red, don't really look like SHB 02 LTD which is in front black and grey.

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
  19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I guess Lin Dan will show up at this year's All England!!!

20. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

So here is a closer look at his new shoes, SHB02LTD
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420647353.854947.jpg